Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Awful Cooks on FB Group...

2»

Comments

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    I've learned my lesson several times that facebook groups are gross.
    the one I belong to that's really pretty good (and humbling) is the one that Gozney (the makers of Roccbox) have up.  Lots of good info, people more than happy to share tips and tricks, recipes, etc.  
    How's the instapot one?  Asking for a friend...
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,864
    I've learned my lesson several times that facebook groups are gross.
    the one I belong to that's really pretty good (and humbling) is the one that Gozney (the makers of Roccbox) have up.  Lots of good info, people more than happy to share tips and tricks, recipes, etc.  
    How's the instapot one?  Asking for a friend...
    If you must know, it is the gift that keeps on giving. ;)
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,323

You can't fix stupid!
    Your forum picture for like the past four years at least has been Hillary Clinton behind bars.  

Ouch...that had me laughing so hard I couldn't breathe and my wife actually came into the room to ask me if I was ok.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    My eyesight is bad, and never honestly paid attention to that picture.

Finally took a look.

How many times has anyone represented Hillary in front of the Supreme Court?
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,657
    YukonRon said:
    My eyesight is bad, and never honestly paid attention to that picture.

Finally took a look.

How many times has anyone represented Hillary in front of the Supreme Court?

mob bosses have always been difficult to take down =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • llrickman
    llrickman Posts: 654
    I was booted from one as well for answering a question about brisket for a noob. The admin told me he didn’t know me well enough to trust that I would give good advice so until I had actually posted the cook I was commenting on I would need to refrain from offering and advice. 

I was probably actually booted when I told him to go F@ck himself now that I think about it. 
    Now that I realize that most of my briskets are overcooked he may have been right. I should have been using an Instapot all along. 
    omg we have an IP and I love the the thing for what its intended BUT daily there are people talking about "best ribs I ever had" coming out of the IP. 🤮. I guess if you like steamed mush..

every time someone ask how long to cook Ribs my reply is 4-5 hours on a smoker. got booted from one for that 😂😂
    2 LBGE
    Digi Q
    green Thermapen
    AR

Albuquerque, NM
  • CtTOPGUN
    CtTOPGUN Posts: 612
     I am so happy I stumbled across this forum. I have learned a lot and am impressed by many of the cooks I see posted. It has cost me a bunch of money, though...

I am involved in drag racing Ford Lightning trucks and am a moderator on the last main forum for them. I definitely like the forum style vs Facebook. And the things brought up more on Facebook are usually not as deep or even correct most often. The forum having been around a long time usually corrects this stuff rather quickly. We learn who to trust with a bit of reading. Facebook is too vast with people we don't get to know as well. The different sections on our Lightning Forum allow conversations outside the realm of just trucks. A real community.

LBGE/Weber Kettle/Blackstone 36" Griddle/Turkey Fryer/Induction Burner/Royal Gourmet 24" Griddle/Cuisinart Twin Oaks/Pit Boss Tabletop pellet smoker/Instant Pot

BBQ from the State of Connecticut!

Jim
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Are they done with the "over the top" chili yet on the FB groups?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • llrickman said:
    I was booted from one as well for answering a question about brisket for a noob. The admin told me he didn’t know me well enough to trust that I would give good advice so until I had actually posted the cook I was commenting on I would need to refrain from offering and advice. 

I was probably actually booted when I told him to go F@ck himself now that I think about it. 
    Now that I realize that most of my briskets are overcooked he may have been right. I should have been using an Instapot all along. 
    omg we have an IP and I love the the thing for what its intended BUT daily there are people talking about "best ribs I ever had" coming out of the IP. 🤮. I guess if you like steamed mush..

every time someone ask how long to cook Ribs my reply is 4-5 hours on a smoker. got booted from one for that 😂😂
    Could not agree with you more
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX