Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    @Acn Nice! The kids handling online learning and social distancing ok?
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,363
    Options
    Looks like my birthday came early this year.

Las Vegas, NV

• dmourati
    dmourati Posts: 1,268
    Options
     I just wired up another Ubiquiti Access Point to improve my wifi in the third bedroom which I'm converting into an office. Signal looks good. It was an easy job, took me about three hours start to finish.

Mountain View, CA
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,350
    Options

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• TideEggHead
    TideEggHead Posts: 1,338
    Options
    Down to half a can of Lysol spray and I’m guessing I won’t be finding any anytime soon. SWMBO works in the medical field so her and her car get the full “wipe down” when she get home each day. We are just worried about our son (1 year old) contracting the virus so we are doing what we can. Anyone got any leads on an online source for Lysol spray (aerosol)??
    LBGE
    AL
  • dmourati
    dmourati Posts: 1,268
    edited April 2020
    Options
    @TideEggHead, there are a lot of cleaners you can use to kill a virus like Covid. I bought Simple Green Clean Finish online from Home Depot. A box of 10 bottles was like $30 or so.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Simple-Green-32-oz-Clean-Finish-Disinfectant-Cleaner-2810001201032/301845477

Here's a list:

https://www.americanchemistry.com/Novel-Coronavirus-Fighting-Products-List.pdf

After you use a product like Simple Green above you need to wipe down with water to avoid irritating skin.

Hope that helps.

Good luck with the little one!
    Mountain View, CA
  • TideEggHead
    TideEggHead Posts: 1,338
    Options
    @dmourati Thanks brother for the info, I should have put a little more effort in on the research. That list will be helpful! I’ll see what I can find.
    LBGE
    AL
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    COVID-19 has a weak shell, is easily killed.
    Options
    Dealing with a couple of asshats...
    They started causing problems time they walked in the door...

The straw was when they told one of my technicians they wanted to make her a baby mama and started trying to surround her..

Asked them not so politely to leave 
  • speed51133
    speed51133 Posts: 691
    Options
    Trip to the grocery store

XL BGE and Kamado Joe Jr.
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    Oh joy.  SWMBO is working the COVID-19 unit again today. Hopefully this will go better than her last weekend rotation.
    Hang in there buddy.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    edited April 2020
    Options

Very strange, the iPhone triggers the auto darken on my helmet.zz 

Hard to tell if that's an eyeball or a boob. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    watching another drug bust on the street, so far no ak's.  never gets old

so three 20 somethings line up with hands on the cruiser, the one wearing his pants down around his knees loses it and his pants drop down to his ankles. an ounce of weed rolls out, legal possession =) 8 cruisers, they drive off, someone watching yells out that theres no plates on the car, sirens  again. 3 hours later pants boy threatens grandma, cruisers are back, stations on lockdown, they let him go. massachusetts car now has nh plates, no one asks where they got the nh plates =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • fishlessman
    Options
    DuckDogDr said:

The straw was when they told one of my technicians they wanted to make her a baby mama and started trying to surround her..

the vet here isnt allowing customers inside, only the pets
    fukahwee maine

• nolaegghead
    Options
    DuckDogDr said:

the vet here isnt allowing customers inside, only the pets
    same here

Options
    SciAggie said:
    @Acn Nice! The kids handling online learning and social distancing ok?
    Thanks!  She's doing pretty well, we're all definitely happy that she has virtual school as a way to keep in contact with friends and teachers, and to provide a few hours of structure (9-3, with an hour free from 12:15-1:15).  It's really great how intentional her school is being about this.

She did have a bit of a breakdown last weekend, when she had to attend a zoom bat mitzvah for one of her friends, but she is excited that this weekend they are having a zoom surprise party for 2 of their friends who have birthdays in April.  

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    SonVolt said:

Very strange, the iPhone triggers the auto darken on my helmet.zz 

Hard to tell if that's an eyeball or a boob. 
    If the latter, then I can’t say I’m diggin’ that tat. Also, that areola looks infected.  
  • TTC
    TTC Posts: 1,035
    Options
    TTC said:
    Just laid off 2 guys who have worked for my family for 45 and 39.5 years. I give up
    Man that sucks. I am so sorry.
    Thank you all for the thoughts, I've been winding down operations of a 72 year old family business for a couple of months, but this lovely virus has hastened the process, had hoped to keep these 2 guys on thru the summer. Hard day, yesterday but today is a new one
    XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer
  • fishlessman
    Options
    one of the hospitals weve been doing repair work has been turned into a covid 19 cluster hospital, the nearby hospitals are sending all the patients here, monday is our last day there hopefully.  this job should have been done last spring when we originally looked at it but the been counters that own most of the hospitals around me said no, its not right
    fukahwee maine

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,866
    Options
    Coffee cake and mojito. Because there’s nothing else to do. 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    edited April 2020
    Options
    TTC said:
    TTC said:
    Just laid off 2 guys who have worked for my family for 45 and 39.5 years. I give up
    Man that sucks. I am so sorry.
    Thank you all for the thoughts, I've been winding down operations of a 72 year old family business for a couple of months, but this lovely virus has hastened the process, had hoped to keep these 2 guys on thru the summer. Hard day, yesterday but today is a new one
    Man the memories after 72 years. We shut our family farm down a few years back, circa 1928. We still have the property but not the bustling buisness that raised many families. Hang in  there. I know that hurts. Saw your MC in your sig. Great boats.I skied for team MC back in the day.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    Doing something I never thought I would be doing.  Trying to fill out unemployment papers.  Something I have never done before.  Been with this company for 10 years and got laid off by an email on Monday.  
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    Legume said:
    Doing something I never thought I would be doing.  Trying to fill out unemployment papers.  Something I have never done before.  Been with this company for 10 years and got laid off by an email on Monday.  
    That sucks. Email?  Double suckage.  Sorry to hear this.
    Thanks man.  Yeah it was pretty **** getting that email  All it said was that I was being notified of me getting let go and that they were using the WARN act.  I am supposed to be getting another email with in a week to let me know what kind of severance I am supposed to be getting.  They sure were quick to let me go, but sure are taking their sweet ass time letting me know what kind of package I am getting.  This couldn't have come at a worse time.  My wife's travel agency is hanging on by a thread right now.  Needless to say, more alcohol is getting consumed in this house right now.  
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,406
    Options
    I despise any business that doesn't have the ba!!s to front up and have the personal conversation when letting someone go.  In some cases there may be distance/logistics issues but in the main you can have that conversation and maintain six feet of separation even today.  Spineless!  Off soap-box.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Legume said:
    That sucks. Email?  Double suckage.  Sorry to hear this.
    Thanks man.  Yeah it was pretty **** getting that email  All it said was that I was being notified of me getting let go and that they were using the WARN act.  I am supposed to be getting another email with in a week to let me know what kind of severance I am supposed to be getting.  They sure were quick to let me go, but sure are taking their sweet ass time letting me know what kind of package I am getting.  This couldn't have come at a worse time.  My wife's travel agency is hanging on by a thread right now.  Needless to say, more alcohol is getting consumed in this house right now.  

That sucks, sorry to hear.