Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Good things you have seen as a result of the Corona Virus.....

Options

Comments

• frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    'Legume said:
    I’ve never seen more people out riding bikes and walking dogs with their kids. We live next to a park and it’s sun up to sun down.  Not gathered, not crowded or doing what they’re not supposed to do, but just constant flow.  It’s very cool to see.

I told someone today,its like we turned the clock back 40 years
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Legume said:
    I’ve never seen more people out riding bikes and walking dogs with their kids. We live next to a park and it’s sun up to sun down.  Not gathered, not crowded or doing what they’re not supposed to do, but just constant flow.  It’s very cool to see.
    They closed our neighborhood park. Can't imagine how that must sit with parents who are already going through the struggles of occupying their kids time. Some folks must have not got the neighborhood communication though.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Legume said:
    They closed our neighborhood park. Can't imagine how that must sit with parents who are already going through the struggles of occupying their kids time. Some folks must have not got the neighborhood communication though.
    All of the playground stuff is shut down with signs and police tape.  Nets removed from all tennis courts, so it’s really just a path and grass areas.  Lots of tennis ball throwing for dogs and kids learning to ride bikes.
  • gamason
    gamason Posts: 406
    Options
    With all the cleaning and disinfecting products being gone, I would assume a lot of nasty ass houses are being cleaned. That's a good thing.

Snellville,Ga.

LBGE

Minimax

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,304
    Options
    There is a family that takes long bike rides in our subdivision twice a day. Dad pedals an odd tandem with sis pedaling a separate and lower seat. Mom has her own bike and bubba has a tiny bike with training wheels. All wearing helmets though I do wish that they would pick one side of the road and stay there.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    watching parents that never learned to fish teach their kids to fish =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    Glad to see some tangible support from the billionaires who have donated to the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation 

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/bill-gates-coronavirus-vaccine-152251369.html
  • dstearn
    dstearn Posts: 1,702
    Options
    I have 7 slabs of Compart Duroc Baby Backs and 2 Prime Tri Tips on the freezer.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    I'm still able to work a little but going in later and coming home early. Absolutely love this bonus time with kids who were getting just the age where parents aren't their priority anymore. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    Here's one I never expected; kudos to both companies!

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/06/business/allstate-payments-coronavirus/index.html

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Cornholio said:
    I’ve seen my wife as an awesome teacher for my four year old. Sure his curriculum is not that stout but she is working from home and still taking care of a lot of the kid’s meals and learning. 

I am very thankful that my family genuinely enjoys hanging out together, been like a long vacation for us and minimal drama. 
    Amen to paragraph 2!
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Saw a neighbor (that we haven't met before) do an unannounced photo shoot with their young daughter on a swing in our side yard.  Haha
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • GaBGE
    GaBGE Posts: 556
    Options
    I have throughly enjoyed being home and cooking(usually on BGE or Akorn Jr) every night. We always eat together as a family but never at home two nights in a row. Even if it’s on the road to or from some type of practice.  Weather has been nice too, lots of time outside with the kids and almost nightly golf cart ride. It reminds me of when I was a kid. Life didn’t seem so fast paced back then. I hope we can continue some of these things even after all of this is over. 
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,304
    Options
    Botch said:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/06/business/allstate-payments-coronavirus/index.html
    I got an email from Allstate about that today. I figured that I would dig into it and see what the requirements were tomorrow. I got to busy with the new Cuna Cart for the Egg to do so today.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    Botch said:

when i flipped the hummer over allstate went from 1100 per year to 5000 =) i would be looking at a sweet 125 bucks back :s
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • northGAcock
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Dizzy Pig Mole is available through the back door. Chris is the bestest. See Mole post for details to order. If you have never tried it.....go ahead and order several......you can thank me (and Chris @Nature Boy ) later.

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Cornholio said:
    I’ve seen my wife as an awesome teacher for my four year old. Sure his curriculum is not that stout but she is working from home and still taking care of a lot of the kid’s meals and learning. 

I am very thankful that my family genuinely enjoys hanging out together, been like a long vacation for us and minimal drama. 
    Can't agree with this more. She's far more patient than I am, besides being better at juggling between working from home, teaching, and entertaining caliprince. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • northGAcock
    Options
    The neighborhood that I deliver to is participating in the teddy bear hunt. Walked up on this one the other day:

Every neighborhood needs at least one Dead Head.

• gmanrva
    gmanrva Posts: 424
    Options
    The neighborhood that I deliver to is participating in the teddy bear hunt. Walked up on this one the other day:

Every neighborhood needs at least one Dead Head.

4 sure
    LGE Mechanicsville Va, XLGE Wake Va., LGE Duck NC.
    Formely Gman2 before password debacle 
  • Cornholio
    Cornholio Posts: 1,047
    Options
    Cornholio said:

Amen to paragraph 2!
    Although I must admit that if anything is going to divide us during this it is my wife’s habit of leaving the sponge in the bottom of the sink when we have a rack stuck to the side of the sink specifically for the dang sponge!  =)
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    Good news for us US lobster lovers:

https://youtu.be/WZtp6vWsLXw

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Cornholio said:
    Cornholio said:

Amen to paragraph 2!
    Although I must admit that if anything is going to divide us during this it is my wife’s habit of leaving the sponge in the bottom of the sink when we have a rack stuck to the side of the sink specifically for the dang sponge!  =)
    Don’t get me started. There’s one way to load the dishwasher... mine. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • frazzdaddy
    Options
    Had to drive my wifes car to work this am ( it's broken). One full trash bag later...
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • frazzdaddy
    Options
    @alaskanassasin, and she was looking under my seat for a chicken...
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,659
    Options
    I hear ya. Before I get in my wifes car I make a trash haul. The door pocket seems to be a trash receptacle.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• frazzdaddy
    Options
    I hear ya. Before I get in my wifes car I make a trash haul. The door pocket seems to be a trash receptacle.
    Yes it is. She designs kitchens and closets. Some of those granite samples are freak'n heavy too. 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.