Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: My Kid's School Just Closed Due to Coronavirus

Options

Comments

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    schools here just closed for two weeks, why do i think they are not opening in 2 weeks
    Just look how people are reacting to what might happen. They have to give us the real stuff in palette-able bites...
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    schools here just closed for two weeks, why do i think they are not opening in 2 weeks
    Just look how people are reacting to what might happen. They have to give us the real stuff in palette-able bites...
    No doubt. I just got home from HEB. 

Also, Twin Liquors.
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,977
    edited March 2020
    Options
    dmchicago said:

Also, Twin Liquors.
    I went to central market. It was like a normal Saturday and people were pretty chill. lots of joking around and common courtesy. Headed to twin now. Wish me luck 

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,631
    Options
    dmchicago said:

Also, Twin Liquors.
    I went to central market. It was like a normal Saturday and people were pretty chill. lots of joking around and common courtesy. Headed to twin now. Wish me luck 

Funny you should say that about central market - I think the smaller grocery stores and the more upscale ones aren’t getting hit as hard as the mega stores.  Casual observance.
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Hook_emHornsfan_74 Posts: 1,357
    edited March 2020
    Options
    I went to H-E-B on my lunch break to grab some stuff, made it back to work an hour and a half later.  Insanity, and we don't even have anyone infected here
    to my knowledge.  Also, this is absolutely crushing my wife's business.  Not a good time to own a travel agency.  
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,360
    Options
    Pence sure knows his role as a fluffer.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• bicktrav
    bicktrav Posts: 640
    Options
    Does anyone else think it’s profoundly dumb that the President and Vice President are standing next to each other during this news conference especially when they refuse to get tested? 
    Ha! Hadn't occurred to me, but yes it does seem profoundly dumb.
    Southern California
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,041
    Options
    The govener of Minnesota said no to Minnesota schools closing this afternoon 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • dmchicago
    Options
    Does anyone else think it’s profoundly dumb that the President and Vice President are standing next to each other during this news conference especially when they refuse to get tested? 
    And what’s with all the hand shaking and microphone adjusting?

Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Dennis - Austin,TX
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,692
    Options
    The medical reps didn’t shake his hand 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• littlerascal56
    littlerascal56 Posts: 2,104
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Just got home, and turned on the presidents press release...must have been a good one...for the Dow to recover +1985 points by closing.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,223
    Options
    dmchicago said:
    And what’s with all the hand shaking and microphone adjusting?

Given that Pelosi is #3 and their mutual hate of each other, you’d figure Trump would be in a hazmat suit. 
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,323
    Options
    More likely they have already been tested and don’t want to say so.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,572
    Options
    ... no nation is more prepared or more equipped to face down this crisis as you know we are rated #1 in the world we are also helping other nations ... 
    canuckland
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    I went to H-E-B on my lunch break to grab some stuff, made it back to work an hour and a half later.  Insanity, and we don't even have anyone infected here
    to my knowledge.  Also, this is absolutely crushing my wife's business.  Not a good time to own a travel agency.  

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    ... no nation is more prepared or more equipped to face down this crisis as you know we are rated #1 in the world we are also helping other nations ... 
    the “rated #1 in the world” with no context was a great one. By who? At what? 
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,572
    edited March 2020
    Options
    ... no nation is more prepared or more equipped to face down this crisis as you know we are rated #1 in the world we are also helping other nations . .. 
    the “rated #1 in the world” with no context was a great one. By who? At what? 
    watch the news, now, my friend.

edit: since you agreed with @HeavyG 's comment upstream, I assume you were watching what I was watching but missed the 'rated #1' comment ;)
    canuckland
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Seriously WTF!!!!!!

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,223
    Options
    Seriously WTF!!!!!!

Folks making money. I saw a $60 pack of Charmin on Ebay. 
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,977
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Well- it’s on now. 3 (confirmed) cases in Austin and one of those is in my neighborhood. Person works in the same shopping center where we teach classes. 
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Just got home, and turned on the presidents press release...must have been a good one...for the Dow to recover +1985 points by closing.
    pushing $1.5T in liquidity to the banks tends to help the markets. That happened yesterday and the futures were up all night. 

Say what you want about the presser but the markets are responding to the fed (still his
    fed so give credit if you feel This is the right move) 
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,360
    Options
    Seriously WTF!!!!!!

Folks making money. I saw a $60 pack of Charmin on Ebay. 

I've got a stack of old 3" thick telephone books...wonder how much I can sell those for?
    Should I sell them a whole book at a time or by the page? Maybe staple ten pages together and charge $1.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• dmchicago
    Options

I asked the butcher at my (Four Points) HEB how he was holding up. His first response was "I'm sick of seeing the greed of some people".

Dennis - Austin,TX
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Just got home, and turned on the presidents press release...must have been a good one...for the Dow to recover +1973 points by closing.

The stock market dropped over 28.4% since the initial lack of acknowledgement and response from the leadership of our country.

I am glad we are seeing a positive bounce of 6.8%. However, the market is still off 21.6% and much more has to be done to even have a chance to catch up to where we were.

Before we pat the administration on the back for a job well done, remember the government is investing 1.7 trillion dollars into a situation, as little as a week ago, the President said would not be a crisis, and they are abandoning many guidelines to react strongly for something whose danger was refused to be acknowledged.

Well over 4.3 trillion dollars evaporated in the financial markets since coronavirus was reported. Can you possibly imagine what a plan delivered to Americans would have meant in January? The impact would have been far less severe, and perhaps fewer people would have been impacted and maybe lives could have been saved.

I am very glad we had a recovery. We have a long way to go to re establish trust and get results. 

I am glad Trump finally stepped up.

"2 very big words: National Security."

"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,356
    Options
    Just got a company email. We're forced to work from home starting Monday. I better get my home office set back up 😳
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• dmchicago
    Options

"2 very big words: National Security."

Also: "but Obama".

Dennis - Austin,TX