Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,304
    Options
    Yep, regardless of if you caught it you could find yourself quarantined for an extra 2 or 3 weeks.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    It's funny how only a few variables change and a cruise ship becomes a floating prison. 

Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    It's funny how only a few variables change and a cruise ship becomes a floating prison. 

My parents were supposed to leave this Sunday on a week cruise out of Miami. When I talked to them last Saturday they were still planning on going but by the end of the day they decided to postpone it. Luckily this cruise line is letting them get a credit that close to leaving. 
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    My wife owns a travel agency, she has done nothing but cancel trips.  Needless to say between me working for an oil field service company and her business lately, we aren't having the best of weeks.  Is it too early too drink yet?  Asking for a friend...
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,429
    Options
    My wife owns a travel agency, she has done nothing but cancel trips.  Needless to say between me working for an oil field service company and her business lately, we aren't having the best of weeks.  Is it too early too drink yet?  Asking for a friend...
    Bloody Mary’s or mimosas are served at breakfast everywhere. Once you have that, it’s 100% beer thirty
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Largest county in Georgia (Fulton) has cancelled school and all related activities for the next couple days due to COVID-19 and our cruise planned for the end of the month has now been postponed to a later date.
    This is starting to get real.

You couldn’t give me a cruise trip right now.
    4,000 people on a self contained Petri dish. I know that mainly infants and elderly are more likely to get it than the rest of us, but I just don’t think I’d put myself in that situation to find out 
    You couldn’t EVER get me on a cruise ship. I’ve been saying they are Petri dishes my entire life. This time is far more serious than the typical hundreds of passengers getting the squirts from a stomach virus. 
    Yepp, me too. No amount of free would ever gotten me on one of those before and certainly not now. I don't like people that much. Kinda like a vacation at the mall.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,391
    Options
    Regarding cruise ships, I think they are a great way to see lots of places (granted not for long) so that then you can decide it you want to return for an extended vacation.  Only unpack once and enjoy the various port visits or open ocean cruising.  Just returned from a 14 day trip in late November of '19.  Next up is in early '21. 
    I have a good friend who has done two around the world cruises ( 175 days on one and 180 on the other) along with 7 others all told racking up 528 days in the past nine years.  Largest ship carried 1250 passengers and the smallest 680.  
    BTW-no sea water in the Ohio River so I have to get the salt water fix somehow.   B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    Wondering if Frank walks around the ship (any ship) drinking his morning coffee out of one of these bad boys.

XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    johnnyp said:
    Wondering if Frank walks around the ship (any ship) drinking his morning coffee out of one of these bad boys.

Frank walks around the ship wondering why the sea is underneath and not on top.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Mississippi in New Orleans has been at flood stage (17 ft).
    If you survived last spring your should be fine this spring. So far we haven’t sent you that much run off.
    Just try flushing a little less often, m'kay?
    Options
    @SGH: Nice looking meal--though I still get a bit freaked out when my food looks at me!
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,391
    Options
    @johnnyp - Believe it or not, I do not drink coffee or any hot liquids for that matter.  Never acquired the taste.  I don't have a coffee cup walk.  Heartbroken I'm sure!!  Parents both drank it but SWMBO does not indulge either.  Around 6 years ago, the now 32 year old son got into it but to date his 28 yo brother doesn't drink it (and he lives in Barcelona).  
    But yes, Rickover was quite the "Dad."  And I did survive my interview with him way back when.  More than you ever needed to know...
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,659
    Options
    Fixed my old freezer that never shut off with a ink bird 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    Having my first of many after this awesome week has been, yet it’s only Tuesday. $5 Old Fashioned’s until 7. 
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Largest county in Georgia (Fulton) has cancelled school and all related activities for the next couple days due to COVID-19 and our cruise planned for the end of the month has now been postponed to a later date.
    This is starting to get real.

You couldn’t give me a cruise trip right now.
    4,000 people on a self contained Petri dish. I know that mainly infants and elderly are more likely to get it than the rest of us, but I just don’t think I’d put myself in that situation to find out 
    You couldn’t EVER get me on a cruise ship. I’ve been saying they are Petri dishes my entire life. This time is far more serious than the typical hundreds of passengers getting the squirts from a stomach virus. 
    Its not my preferred method of travel but I have in-laws who don't get around well. They choose to travel this way and I want my kids to spend as much time with them while the opportunity is there. I don't mind making concessions every now and again. If I survived all the places I've woken up in over the years then a cruise ship ain't sh*t. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • SmokeyLopey
    SmokeyLopey Posts: 435
    Options
    Couple of mid-week burgers. Is it mid-week yet?!

• Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    Nice haul @nolaegghead way to get em!!! 
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:
    Nice haul @nolaegghead way to get em!!! 

Actually, that was my buddy Chris that caught them.  I cooked some up tonight...
    Options
    Rogan's latest podcast with Michael Osterholm.  Michael Osterholm is an internationally recognized expert in infectious disease epidemiology. He is Regents Professor, McKnight Presidential Endowed Chair in Public Health, the director of the Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy (CIDRAP), Distinguished Teaching Professor in the Division of Environmental Health Sciences, School of Public Health, a professor in the Technological Leadership Institute, College of Science and Engineering, and an adjunct professor in the Medical School, all at the University of Minnesota. 

Worth a listen to get real information on COVID.  Very interesting and rather scary!

https://youtu.be/E3URhJx0NSw

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    Best Laugh of the Day!  :lol:

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Rogan's latest podcast with Michael Osterholm.  Michael Osterholm is an internationally recognized expert in infectious disease epidemiology. He is Regents Professor, McKnight Presidential Endowed Chair in Public Health, the director of the Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy (CIDRAP), Distinguished Teaching Professor in the Division of Environmental Health Sciences, School of Public Health, a professor in the Technological Leadership Institute, College of Science and Engineering, and an adjunct professor in the Medical School, all at the University of Minnesota. 

Worth a listen to get real information on COVID.  Very interesting and rather scary!

https://youtu.be/E3URhJx0NSw

Worth the watch. What a mess.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    Watching the market 

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Watching the market 

We could just skip the recession if it drops enough. Correction over in just a couple weeks.