Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Lit said:
    This was actually yesterday. So glad it’s nice enough to finally cook out front and fire up the PK360. Broccoli cheddar turkey meatloaf with dizzy dust on top. Browned the top then covered till 145 then took it out of the pan and added some bourbon sugar maple blockz. Good lunches for a couple days.
    The colour of that beer. IPA, I presume. 😛
  • SmokeyLopey
    SmokeyLopey Posts: 435
    Options
    @CPFC1905: I like that page of quote . Good stuff there!
  • littlerascal56
    littlerascal56 Posts: 2,104
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Just converted my 30 year mortgage (20 years left) at 4.875% to a 15 year @ 2.5%.
    Note remains the same, shaved 5 years and saved us $98,500 in the long run 

Smart move.  I’m trying to talk step son to do the same.  15 year rate was 2.3% today, and would save him over $1000/year. 
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,431
    Options
    @DoubleEgger

Wow!  So impressive.  I bet you are glad to have that done.  
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,499
    Options
    @DoubleEgger, beautiful project, but my back aches just looking at it!  Glad you had (younger) help!  

"The reason I go out with young men is because men my age or older — well, now they’re all dead."   

-Cher

• Botch
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Just converted my 30 year mortgage (20 years left) at 4.875% to a 15 year @ 2.5%.
    I did something similar, maybe 2003?  I ended up paying off the remaining 15-year mortgage in 7 years, and eliminated the tax benefits for the remaining 8 years.
    Shoulda done my homework a bit more carefully....   :s:  

"The reason I go out with young men is because men my age or older — well, now they’re all dead."   

-Cher

• Botch
    Options
    Apologize if this has been posted before (looks somewhat familiar).  It's more practical than a tattoo....
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=0OKPMXu96gI&feature=emb_logo

-Cher

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,685
    edited March 2020
    Options
  • Boileregger
    Boileregger Posts: 614
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    I called my mortgage broker today to explore a refinance as well.  Bought the house last year and learned today that you can't refinance until you have had the mortgage for 10 months.  For me that is first week in April.  I can't see rates going up by then, so I'm sure it is fine, but I wouldn't complain if they went down a little more.  I really want to go from 30 to 15 as well but the math I'm doing on the monthly increase is coming out a little too big for me to handle at the moment.
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    @lkapigian That is so cool. So now I see that sauerkraut and fermented hot sauce is like a gateway drug kind of think. This place is evil... I need a “fermenting chamber” - maybe in an “undisclosed location” like some other hooligans around here.  
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    Nice follow through @lkapigian
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• SmokeyLopey
    SmokeyLopey Posts: 435
    Options
    @ColbyLang: Thanks for the heads up. I spoke to my mortgage broker recently and he told me to call if the stock market took a dump. Guess I need to call him.
  • bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,102
    Options
    After 9 weeks of work, the landscaping project at the house is complete. Hallelujah!

Time to go fishing!
    I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    I am also looking at a refinance. Going to do a new 30 year and continue to pay the same I am paying now. Will end up being $350 per month extra principle, so my new loan will be paid off in 16 years, instead of the 28 years I have left on it now. (I pay an extra 200 a month now. The new rate gives me another 150 lower payment) And save me just shy of 65k in interest payments. 

Going to a 15 year would raise my monthly a little too high for the budget. 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,217
    Options
    bubbajack said:
    After 9 weeks of work, the landscaping project at the house is complete. Hallelujah!

Time to go fishing!
    If I could only get to the boat. The lake has been flooded with our gangway underwater for weeks. 
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    bubbajack said:

Time to go fishing!
    If I could only get to the boat. The lake has been flooded with our gangway underwater for weeks. 
    So you need a small boat to get to your big boat?
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Mississippi in New Orleans has been at flood stage (17 ft).
    Options

Not good
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options

Nice looking space(s). 

Things I’m okay with paying for now: 
    1. Moving
    2. Painting
    3. Yard work/landscaping 

Not necessarily in that order.  All 3 of those are thankless jobs IMO. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    I hate to let another man mow my grass.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • littlerascal56
    littlerascal56 Posts: 2,104
    Options
    thetrim said:
    I hate to let another man mow my grass.
    Agree 100%.  I just mowed the lawn short, power raked, then mowed up the dead grass.  Trimmed all the bushes, and cut down the pampas grass.  I’m 63, and all my “young” neighbors hire their lawn work out.  Funny thing is the contractors doing the work are seniors like me.
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,447
    Options
    My lender had 15 years @ 2.5 and 20 years @ 3. 
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    If you survived last spring your should be fine this spring. So far we haven’t sent you that much run off.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Largest county in Georgia (Fulton) has cancelled school and all related activities for the next couple days due to COVID-19 and our cruise planned for the end of the month has now been postponed to a later date.
    This is starting to get real.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA