Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    ...at least my Christmas tree didn't look like a hotel room after a tryst between Liberace and Versace.
    Options

Options
    LMAO
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Whoa man, no black lights allowed!
    ...at least my Christmas tree didn't look like a hotel room after a tryst between Liberace and Versace.
    I feel like you’re trying to imply something with this.  Not that there’s anything wrong with that...
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Indeed, John.  Nothing wrong with it at all.  People should have the right to be into whomever they want.
    Options
    Watching Live PD.  Swear these guys look like brothers.

Wat?  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Mazie got spayed today.

She's not having the best evening.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • JohnEggGio
    JohnEggGio Posts: 1,430
    Options
    Feeling grateful I don’t live in Iowa.
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    I believe Henrik can be at BB this year if you'd like to do the comparison in person @littlerascal56 . LOL.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,485
    Options
    Feeling grateful I don’t live in Iowa.
    Half my family lives in IA, and they agree (although I envy their ability to input, by the time anything reaches utard any competition is already decided...)

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    thetrim said:
    How'd you do the wings?  Any new rubs or sauces?
    I bought them whole and split them up into drums and planks. Left them in the fridge over night to dry out a bit. The rub I used was a blend of others I have collected through the years. I hand rubbed each piece of the chicken wings, sparingly, making sure the rub was smeared into it. After that, I followed with a light coat of Tony Z's.

I think the hand rubbing the wing parts is absolutely key with any seasoning you choose.

Placed them elevated up in the dome, indirect about 6" above the felt line, at 375⁰F. Cooked them one hour, turning every 15 minutes used a couple of small chunks of peach for some smokey flavor.

Those that came off the grill were all 180⁰F IT or above.....about 12-14 were consumed by the children prior to getting them inside.

Once inside, I placed them wrapped in aluminum foil and sat them in a crock with a lid (not a slow cooker) to let them rest for about 10-15 minutes, which turned out to be an exercise in futility. They did not make it to 10 minutes. I had 2 out of 30.

There is a place here in town that is known for their smoked chicken wings. Claiming to be the best around.....you know the drill. It is called Mama's Mustard, Pickles and BBQ is the place, and I recommend you try it if you get to town, I think it is the best around. Get there early if you want burnt ends. They are gone by 6:30pm.

The local experts on wings around here in Louisville said these "absolutely smoked theirs".....I dunno. I like wings and I love making them....but this is my recipe I will follow for now on.

When I tried them, I told My Beautiful Wife, these were the best I have ever made. Our children slammed them.

Maybe folks are already doing this, I am sure, 
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • littlerascal56
    Options
    Those are some happy kids.  Every time we keep the grandkids overnight, they ask for “sketty”. And eat a lot of it!  Grandkids are so fun...get to spoil them, and then send home to their parents😂
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,624
    Options
    Iowa should have to go to the back of the line next election.  I think the Dem party there would screw up picking their nose.
  • littlerascal56
    littlerascal56 Posts: 2,104
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Legume said:
    Iowa should have to go to the back of the line next election.  I think the Dem party there would screw up picking their nose.
    Agree 100% with you. They have a mess right now just counting votes.  Hope they figure it out by Tuesday.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    View image on Twitter
    Options
    derrrrrrp
    Options

40 avocados processed.  8 lbs of meat.  4 for a dollar.  They freeze well but you don't want to add the tomatoes, salt, etc until you are ready to eat or you will get free liquid.  I did add fresh lime juice as an antioxidant.  You can also use sour salt.
    Thought for a minute you had seen the light and made bulk mushy peas.
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Legume said:
    2016 was another fiasco there as well. 
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,183
    Options
    Chaos in the Cornfield 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,758
    Options

40 avocados processed.  8 lbs of meat.  4 for a dollar.  They freeze well but you don't want to add the tomatoes, salt, etc until you are ready to eat or you will get free liquid.  I did add fresh lime juice as an antioxidant.  You can also use sour salt.

was thinking  this weekend that i toss more spoiled avacados than i eat, this would fix that problem.
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,624
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Legume said:
    2016 was another fiasco there as well. 
    I’m sure I wasn’t paying as close of attention to Iowa last cycle, I’ve never watched other states or early states too closely. I get tired of seeing all of the buttons and straw hats and the never ending pundit parade on tv talking about the importance of wherever.

Break the process.  Maybe giving apps to a population that has their Motorola Star-Tacs clipped to their belts isn’t the way to drive change.

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    If Lizzo does next years Super Bowl halftime show, it will be a serious downgrade.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options

Would adding "fruit fresh" work as well as the lime juice? Just thinking out loud... I'm guessing it would. My wife always has some of that around.
    Just did my own Googling - it should work as well. I'll have to try this. We throw out too much avocado.
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Fruit Fresh is citric acid, same as what works in lime juice, plus ascorbic acid (vitamin C).  Sour salt that is sold in the spice section of grocery stores is citric acid.  Little bit of sour salt goes a long way.  I suspect the Fruit Fresh is cut with dextrose so people don't add too much acid.
    Options
    Fruit Fresh is citric acid, same as what works in lime juice, plus ascorbic acid (vitamin C).  Sour salt that is sold in the spice section of grocery stores is citric acid.  Little bit of sour salt goes a long way.  I suspect the Fruit Fresh is cut with dextrose so people don't add too much acid.
    That's exactly what they do. The first ingredient is dextrose.
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options

Waiting my turn.  
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI