Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-What are you buying right now?

Comments

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    So the wireless headphones for the TV in the basement are still supposed to delivered today...despite the fact that the map from my Amazon app shows the driver off the coast of Ghana.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,338
    Acn said:
    So the wireless headphones for the TV in the basement are still supposed to delivered today...despite the fact that the map from my Amazon app shows the driver off the coast of Ghana.

Las Vegas, NV

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    ...just glad the map spelled "Niger" correctly 
    I mean he still has 7 stops to go, cut the dude some slack, ****. 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    I mean he still has 7 stops to go, cut the dude some slack, ****. 
    But....but the ******* teleporter is starting to overheat, man!
    Honeycrisp Apples.
    $15 for a 1/2 bushel at a local orchard
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • rcone
    rcone Posts: 219
    Festool is basically crack, it is nice that there is still one company that can still make a decent handheld power tool. 
    "Feed me, or feed me to something; I just want to be part of the food chain" Al Bundy

LBGE, SBGE, Carson Rotisserie, Blackstone Griddle  

Milwaukee, Wisconsin 
  • Love my Festool toys.  Expensive, but German quality and built to last.

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,286
    New wool beanie in hi visibility yellow. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    kl8ton said:
    Honeycrisp Apples.
    Looove honeycrisps, but like Fujis and Galas, they spoil quickly even in the frig, I couldn't eat a half-bushel in time....  :|

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410
    Botch said:
    kl8ton said:
    Honeycrisp Apples.
    Looove honeycrisps, but like Fujis and Galas, they spoil quickly even in the frig, I couldn't eat a half-bushel in time....  :|
    I bought 2.5 bushels of honey crisp and 1 bushel of granny Smith.  They keep fine in the mudroom where we are currently hanging out in between adventures.   We went thru a bushel in a few weeks.  It ranges in temp out there but lately it has been 34F
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Botch
    kl8ton said:
    Botch said:
    kl8ton said:
    Honeycrisp Apples.
    I bought 2.5 bushels of honey crisp and 1 bushel of granny Smith.  They keep fine in the mudroom where we are currently hanging out in between adventures.   We went thru a bushel in a few weeks.  It ranges in temp out there but lately it has been 34F
    Hmmm.  Wonder if the drier conditions in my frig have something to do with it. :confused:  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• 1911Man
    1911Man Posts: 366
    Picked up a new (to me) bandsaw today. It has several speeds for either metal (ranging from aluminum to tool steel) or wood. Of course it will also handle cutting plastics. 

It had a rip fence on it, but I've removed that. Mostly due to it not being square to the miter groove. I might reinstall it to see if I can make it so, but I'm not hopeful. Especially my test cut, using the miter gauge appears to be true/even. 

I still need to do more cleaning on it. Already vacuumed up some metal filings/bits from some areas, but not all. There was pretty much no oil in the gearbox, so I had to fix that. Drained the sludge that was in it and refilled with good stuff. Old came out like spent motor oil, what little there was (maybe a few ounces, <8, probably closer to 4). It takes a full quart. I had run down to the local TSC and picked up two (because one is none). Replaced the screws that hold the box around the gear box with allen headed to make removal easier. You have to remove that in order to get decent access to the drain and fill plugs. 

This bandsaw replaced the Crapsman I had (two speeds, made for cutting wood only). I sold that one last weekend to make room for the new one. 
    Large BGE with CGS Woo Ring, stone with stainless pan, Smokeware chimney cap, Kick Ash basket and Kick Ash can.
    Living free in the 603 (Pelham).
  • Nice bandsaw...I have lots of JET tools.  Owned the Steel City one just like your Jet, and cut a TON of walnut and maple with it.  They are a workhorse and will last forever.  Have fun with it!
  • Botch
    edited January 2020
    1911Man said:
    It had a rip fence on it, but I've removed that. Mostly due to it not being square to the miter groove. I might reinstall it to see if I can make it so, but I'm not hopeful. Especially my test cut, using the miter gauge appears to be true/even. 
    Congrats!  

Get (or make yourself) an adjustable fence.  Every bandsaw blade is different, and tracks a slightly different direction.  You need to draw a straight line on a scrap plank, parallel to one edge, and freehand-cut it about halfway through; stop the saw, and then adjust the fence to line up with the plank.  If your miter gauge cut square without fighting, the blade you have now may be tracking true; lots of them don't.  

Kreg makes a nice one:  https://www.amazon.com/KREG-KMS7200-Kreg-Bandsaw-Fence/dp/B0007VYL48/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=bandsaw+fence&qid=1580052988&s=hi&sr=1-3

• 1911Man
    1911Man Posts: 366
    edited January 2020
    @Botch, I did a test cut using the miter gauge and it appears to be true. I've got my eyes on the Carter Magfence (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007ENWIQK) as a replacement. I also have some adhesive measuring tape (4' rolls) in my Amazon cart to use for marking the table when I get something. I'll put the 0 at the blade position, but at the edges of the table. I'm also thinking about making a measuring guide that will ride in the miter slot which I can set to the desired depth to make sure the rip fence is true. 

I've already posted the rip fence up for sale on CL as well as another forum I'm on (local to my area). Hopefully someone else will want it soon. I won't let it hang around long before getting rid of it. Especially since I'll probably be in a clutter reduction mode starting in a few months. All in preparation of getting a house of my own. I plan to end this year in my own place, and not renew my lease again (ends at the end of November). IF things go according to plan that is.

BTW, that Kreg fence is the other one I was already considering. Just not sure how much I want it mounted to the table now.
    Large BGE with CGS Woo Ring, stone with stainless pan, Smokeware chimney cap, Kick Ash basket and Kick Ash can.
    Living free in the 603 (Pelham).
  • Botch
    ^^^ Sounds like you're already on top of it.   :)

I was not aware of that Magfence, that's clever as hell.  I built my own fence, basically just two boards joined at a 90º, of different widths to accommodate different-sized stock, then clamped to the table with two C-clamps; it's pretty fussy to set up.  

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Some old standby and a couple new ones. 
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    @pgprescott - the Bib & Tucker is so tasty...we’ve enjoyed a good bit of wine this evening, but seeing that I’m almost tempted to go downstairs and grab a swallow of bourbon...

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• pgprescott
    Acn said:
    @pgprescott - the Bib & Tucker is so tasty...we’ve enjoyed a good bit of wine this evening, but seeing that I’m almost tempted to go downstairs and grab a swallow of bourbon...
    It’s new to me. Haven’t cracked it but I look forward to it. Bought the barrel strength for cocktails. EC is standard fare around here. I saw the B&T on here in the past. I think maybe @YukonRon ?

cheers!
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Mmmmmm I spy a bottle of laphroaig quarter cask 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    Another new car’s worth of retaining walls. This project is getting out of hand. 
  • pgprescott
    Mmmmmm I spy a bottle of laphroaig quarter cask 
    I'm not a laphroaig guy at all. but my brother loves it. I cannot say enough about that Ardbeg I bought last month though. 
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    I see a few good scotch’s in there. I’m a Laphroaig and Ardbeg fan.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    I was not a fan of the bib and tucker at all. I thought it had a liquoric flavor.
  • pgprescott
    Lit said:
    I was not a fan of the bib and tucker at all. I thought it had a liquoric flavor.
    I hope my experience is different. I’m not a licorice fan at all. Might be a pricey mixer. Hopefully it will be better for me. 🤞🏼
  • pgprescott
    shtgunal3 said:
    I see a few good scotch’s in there. I’m a Laphroaig and Ardbeg fan.
    I’m actually a scotch guy before a bourbon guy. I’ve got some Lagavullin 8 and 16 as well as some Bowmore. I’m not sure I don’t prefer the Ardbeg but they are all great IMHO. The Bowmore is a real bargain. Cheers!
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,167
    edited January 2020
    Just ordered  SRF gold grade flat iron and a black grade flank steak.  Thanks to @HendersonTRKing for providing the inertia to make this happen.  
    Edit:  These two cuts are my first of those from SRF.  I have found their rib-eyes, strips and porterhouse steak cuts to be great but not at such an elevated difference as I have found with their brisket.  Said another way, I can get great steaks at a local butcher for less but can't get close to their briskets.  It will be banquets however it turns out.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.