Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Nice profile of my colleague here at Duke:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/mathematics-pioneer-ingrid-daubechies-has-more-barriers-to-break-11579888523

She has been described to me by a scientist at one of the national labs as the greatest mathematician walking the Earth.  

Does this scientist know Will Hunting?

Doesn’t everyone?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    RIP Mamba
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    @smokingal now that is a cook of yours I can handle. Looks good
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Korean pork belly burnt ends. 

Bravo!
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    @GATraveller -  those look great. Congrats.  Great photo.
    How about some details should you be so inclined.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @GATraveller -  those look great. Congrats.  Great photo.
    How about some details should you be so inclined.  
    The pork belly was rubbed with Kapalua from Lane's BBQ. Smoked over Rockwood at 275 with apple wood for about 2 hours till 190 internal. Then put chunks in aluminum pan with brown sugar, butter and drizzled with honey. Covered with foil and back on the smoker for another 2 hours.
    Once the belly probed with little to no resistance I removed foil and poured over the Korean sauce (recipe below) and put back on the smoker for another 30mins uncovered. 
    Sprinkled with toasted sesame seeds and green onion and served over rice with roasted bok choy. 

Korean Sauce 
    1/2 cup soy
    1T molasses 
    1 cup soy sauce
    4T sesame oil
    4T rice wine vinegar
    4T grated ginger
    4 cloves garlic (minced)
    1t red pepper flakes

It was a hit with everyone. Next time I'll buy the belly whole and cube it myself instead of buying precut. H Mart just happened to have precut on sale significantly cheaper than whole this time. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • smokingal
    smokingal Posts: 1,025
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    I went with a simple burger with bacon and cheese. 

Is that some kind of cast iron platter you're using to cook the bacon? 
    It's "Smokin Gal", not "Smoking Al".
    Egging in the Atlanta GA region
    Large BGE, CGS setup, Kick Ash Basket, Smokeware SS Cap,
    Arteflame grill grate

http://barbecueaddict.com
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    @smokingal It’s a piece of 1/4” plate steel. It’s my ghetto griddle. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    Anyone here?  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Touch sensitive SOS button so you can activate when adjusting the mirror?
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Botch said:
    Anyone here?  

Should that be mirror-backwards?

Options
    Dinner
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    Dang that is a bummer sorry buddy 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Sorry man, hate to see that.  Better than needless suffering.  
    Options
    Really sorry to hear about that @TEXASBGE2018 . Kidney problems forced me to put mine down years ago. Prayers for your family. 
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,304
    Options
    I had to have this one put down six years ago. My Trudy Girl. Several months of seizures that just got worse. One of the hardest things that I did but it was what was right for her. The vet looked like she was 16 and this was probably her first euthanization. She admitted that she didn’t have anything more to try. We do what is right for our dogs because they gave us their whole life in exchange.
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    So sorry @TEXASBGE2018 .  Put our pooch down on Dec 7th.  House and life is not the same.
    Want another dog so damn bad, but want to give it some time.
    My condolences to you and your family.  Dogs are the greatest gift.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    @TEXASBGE2018 Sorry to hear that. Our fur baby has congestive heart failure. His days are drawing to a close. It’s hard. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon