Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    The wine thing ....... I have said it before and I will say it again " My favorite wine is the wine shared with friends." 

Do I have preferences? Sure. I do enjoy a big bold cab, and as I have said before, kinda my go to because of Northern Napa (Rutherford and above) puts out so many, that we can get some exceptional vintages here in Kentucky.

However, should I choose my faves, I still go with the blends of the southern Rhone.

Last year's top 10 was dominated by French wine. 6 of the top 10, and 4 of those were red blends from the southern Rhone. There are times that I believe the French have forgotten more than we will ever know about making wine.

I will have to say, the quality of Italian wine is so often overlooked, and in my humble opinion, very humble opinion, they represent the best deals to be found for the quality they offer. The low prices are ridiculous, and the price in Italy, for the bargains we find here, are stupid ridiculous. (i.e., a super Tuscan we pay $26.00 in the USA, WS rating always 93 or above......€8.00)

Spanish wines are superb quality and a relative unknown. Their wines are structured, full body, with a lot of flavor.

Something else we found, while my SIL was stationed in Ghana was African wines. Absolutely exceptional. Those from the Northeast area of the continent along the ocean were spectacular and dirt cheap. 

If I had to choose a white, it would be the whites from Burgundy. However, one of the best white wines I have ever had in my life was an Austrian Reisling, which is nothing like the rieslings most are familiar with.

My Beautiful Wife and I have traveled a lot and visited some of the best wine regions around the world.

That is the cool thing about wine. 78,000 labels, often with dozens of styles, per brand.

Been doing this for years and we still are discovering faves.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    edited January 2020
    I found myself in KC for a couple hours. Waiting on some brisket and burnt ends.

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424

Eating early because SWMBO Jr has a 5:30 cast call for the final night of this year’s middle school drama presentation.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    The sirloin meats I am dry aging have taken on a somewhat unpleasant smell. Is this normal? Meat looks fine, no mold growth or anything. Its darkening nicely. I think I'm two weeks in. 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Just installed 10 LED fixtures in an area that never had any lights.  It's like night and day.
    A small sirloin and some dirty cauliflower rice. Some AP rub and Ancho rub  
  • The sirloin meats I am dry aging have taken on a somewhat unpleasant smell. Is this normal? Meat looks fine, no mold growth or anything. Its darkening nicely. I think I'm two weeks in. 

I wouldn’t worry about it.  Let it ride.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    bucky925 said:

Victory ribs.  UNC finally won a game and Roy got his 880th.
    Phenomenal rack! 
  • Nice profile of my colleague here at Duke:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/mathematics-pioneer-ingrid-daubechies-has-more-barriers-to-break-11579888523

She has been described to me by a scientist at one of the national labs as the greatest mathematician walking the Earth.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,127
    Nice profile of my colleague here at Duke:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/mathematics-pioneer-ingrid-daubechies-has-more-barriers-to-break-11579888523

She has been described to me by a scientist at one of the national labs as the greatest mathematician walking the Earth.  
    Maybe we can get her to write the charity check at Butt Blast this year  ;)
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Very Nice John.  

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    SciAggie said:
    Is Mexican stir fry a thing? It turned out well...

That’s an awesome find. Might mosey on down to Academy and take a look for myself. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Martini, two turn tables, a microphone and a heard of misfit cats.
    Did my first over the top chili could really taste the smoke flavor really liked it!

“There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • ColbyLang said:
    Drinking brown water and reflecting on a great day in the woods

Doesn’t look to be such a great day for him. 
  • Just installed 10 LED fixtures in an area that never had any lights.  It's like night and day.
    Somebody take a sponge to that Cayman, stat. 
  • My wife loves the look and feel of a fresh waxing. It’s something I do for her because I love her and because I get to enjoy the results. Pics below....
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    At work. bleh. 

XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,127
    johnnyp said:
    At work. bleh. 

I hope it’s Double Time 
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Took the Camaro out today for a spin over to Canton, GA to see an old work colleague, Kevin Ward, who started Four 41 South BBQ several years ago. Let me tell you, Kevin is putting out some “fo real” grub. As I mentioned elsewhere, there’s a lot of mediocre BBQ that thrives in Georgia. Kevin’s is some of the best I’ve had in the state and I’m not saying that because I know the guy. If you’re ever in the area, check it out. It was easily worth an hour’s drive each way for us.  

Good to know. I've never had his Que but I've purchased some of his rubs and gifted them to guys in my men's group. Next time I'm out that way I'll have to stop in. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    Nice profile of my colleague here at Duke:

Does this scientist know Will Hunting?
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95