Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Saturday Chili Verde

Options
Battleborn
Battleborn Posts: 3,355
I had to make a quick, unexpected trip to Idaho to see my hospitalized grandmother. Family said she wasn't doing well and I should come up before it was too late. A couple of days later, she was doing much better, so much so, that she went home yesterday. Anyway, the temperature in Idaho was so much colder than Vegas (obviously), that all I could think about making was something warm. 
I have never attempted Chili Verde, so why not. Here it goes.
A bunch of veggies went on to roast.

Next, cut up some pork and put it in a Dutch oven to warm up and get happy. Seasoned with salt and pepper.

Now the veggie are cool enough to handle. I took the skin off the peppers and de-seeded them. Threw everything into the blender with a little chicken stock.

So far so good.  
Pork has been browned and the sauce with some other spices added. Back on the grill to braise the pork.
We'll see how it is in a few hours.
Las Vegas, NV

Comments