Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: guess no women libbers know about this :OT

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,888
edited November 2019 in Off Topic
I contacted Sara Lee corporation's customer service. I'm trying to find a retail source for a terrific carrot cake they make, but which isn't sold around here. I got the reply from them today. The name on the caller i.d.? Bimbo Bakeries USA. Then it was followed up with email...and there it was again complete with the ® bug!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Bimbo is a Mexican company.  Bimbo doesn't mean in Mexico what it means here...in fact, in this case, it means nothing, it is said to be an amalgamation of the words bingo and bambi.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Pringles here are particle board potato chips.  In Puerto Rico, I was told when I was eating them there, they mean "pricks".  Chevy Nova - "No Go" in Mexico. That said, I don't have any problems with any of that except the "No Go" part.
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Pringles here are particle board potato chips.  In Puerto Rico, I was told when I was eating them there, they mean "pricks".  
    Just to be the first one to say it...you are what you eat?   =)
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    RRP said:
    I contacted Sara Lee corporation's customer service. I'm trying to find a retail source for a terrific carrot cake they make, but which isn't sold around here. I got the reply from them today. The name on the caller i.d.? Bimbo Bakeries USA. Then it was followed up with email...and there it was again complete with the ® bug!

This is deep, Ron.  Real deep. 
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    The name "Bimbo" was first coined in 1945 when the company switched from Super Pan S.A. A blend of the words "bingo" and "Bambi",[8] the name's innocent, childlike associations fit the image that the company wished to build. The English word "bimbo", with its negative connotations, has no cognate in Spanish.  Because of the English connotation and it's frequent discussion by "Boomers", it was a major contributing factor in the phrase "ok, Boomer".
    Options
    The name "Bimbo" was first coined in 1945 when the company switched from Super Pan S.A. A blend of the words "bingo" and "Bambi",[8] the name's innocent, childlike associations fit the image that the company wished to build. The English word "bimbo", with its negative connotations, has no cognate in Spanish.  Because of the English connotation and it's frequent discussion by "Boomers", it was a major contributing factor in the phrase "ok, Boomer".
    "ok, Boomer"...lol
    Las Vegas, NV

• nolaegghead
    Options
    Ron, could this be "the hunting of the snark"?
    Ron is this that women’s auxiliary hospital cake you’ve been chasing for ages?  The “kick butt” stuff?
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    edited November 2019
    Options
    They have a center here in Owensboro.  No idea if they have the carrot cake.  

Google is your friend 

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,340
    Options
    So, how do we get these carrot cakes?
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    At work I use DBA.....at the end of my non-negotiables.

Don't Bother Asking.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Spaightlabs
    Options
    They have a center here in Owensboro.  No idea if they have the carrot cake.  

Google is your friend 
    I believe it is called The Google
  • Spaightlabs
    Options
    smokingal said:
    I don't usual speak out on things like this, but the times are wearing on me.  I'm not a liberal, but as a woman, I can say that we have much more important issues on the docket to waste time contending with unfortunate company names.  I also hate carrot cake.  It's an irrational issue tied to childhood culinary trauma.  Don't ask.
    I'm sorry, but I have to ask.  Please do tell.
  • JohnEggGio
    JohnEggGio Posts: 1,430
    Options
    Funny, just yesterday, following lunch with our governor, Bimbo Bakery came up in conversation (not with the gov).  This fellow was of the belief that Bimbo is the largest privately owned baker in the US.  I had never heard of them before yesterday.
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • RRP
    Options
    Ron is this that women’s auxiliary hospital cake you’ve been chasing for ages?  The “kick butt” stuff?
    Yes! But I sure won't mention it here again!
  • RRP
    Options
    Guess I have to apologize to all genders and ages AGAIN.

I thought what I found/heard today was funny. Too bad I didn't research my wonderment before posting here.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    RRP said:

I thought what I found/heard today was funny. Too bad I didn't research my wonderment before posting here.
    RON WHAT YOU FOUND IS HILARIOUS!  HILARIOUS RON!!!
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

• FlyOverCountry
    Options
    smokingal said:
    I don't usual speak out on things like this, but the times are wearing on me.  I'm not a liberal, but as a woman, I can say that we have much more important issues on the docket to waste time contending with unfortunate company names.  I also hate carrot cake.  It's an irrational issue tied to childhood culinary trauma.  Don't ask.
    I was also traumatized as a kid growing up on a carrot farm.  To this day I can’t drop trou in the produce section without looking over my shoulder at least twice.
  • smokingal
    smokingal Posts: 1,025
    Options
    RRP said:

It was funny.  I was being sarcastic in my response.  Although I do actually shun carrot cake.  Don't ask.
    It's "Smokin Gal", not "Smoking Al".
    Egging in the Atlanta GA region
    Large BGE, CGS setup, Kick Ash Basket, Smokeware SS Cap,
    Arteflame grill grate

http://barbecueaddict.com
  • FlyOverCountry
    Options
    smokingal said:
    smokingal said:
    I was also traumatized as a kid growing up on a carrot farm.  To this day I can’t drop trou in the produce section without looking over my shoulder at least twice.
    And you keep your mouth closed in the pickle isle.  Got it.
    What?  Nobody makes cakes out of pickles.  That is disgusting.
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,420
    Options
    Funny, just yesterday, following lunch with our governor, Bimbo Bakery came up in conversation (not with the gov).  This fellow was of the belief that Bimbo is the largest privately owned baker in the US.  I had never heard of them before yesterday.
    100% correct. Quite possibly the largest in the world. 
  • Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    Options
    You used to be able to find Bimbo bread in Texas. After Grupo Industrial Bimbo bought Texas based Mrs Bairds bread, you don't see Bimbo bread anymore. Btw, Grupo Industrial Bimbo is the largest baking company in the world. They also bought Wonder Bread. All their bread brands are made in Mexico. 
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• ColbyLang
    Options
    Toxarch said:
    You used to be able to find Bimbo bread in Texas. After Grupo Industrial Bimbo bought Texas based Mrs Bairds bread, you don't see Bimbo bread anymore. Btw, Grupo Industrial Bimbo is the largest baking company in the world. They also bought Wonder Bread. All their bread brands are made in Mexico. 
    Umm, partially correct. Bimbo is the largest. Bimbo has bakeries in the US (Houston is closest to me in Louisiana). When IBC went belly up years ago, their brands were liquidated. Wonder is owned by Flowers Foods, purchased from the IBC bankruptcy 
  • ColbyLang
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Glad we have that all sifted out.
    I see what you did there......
  • NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    edited November 2019
    Options
    "ok, Boomer"...lol
    ok boomer  B)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATTMB4gH3sU
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is”