Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Music are you listining to right now

Options

Comments

• Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,361
    edited November 2019
    Options
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,467
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Pomplamoose just released their cover of "Hooked on a Feelin'".  You can bet I sang along, with the "Gasha-Gah-Hoo Gah-Hoo Gah-Hoo" chorus, until they threw in some tasty chords that made my singing sound bad.

https://youtu.be/2nTjenVjfYM

Don't know if there are any other Pomplamoose fans here.  They made it kinda big, doing all the Christmas commercials for Target a few years back, then had a bunch of really cool videos that were very experimental and clever.  Nowadays they just film their small studio band, extremely talented, unusual covers (which I love), and I can still get lost in her eyes...
     They've found a way to succeed in the music business, without a record contract (this is becoming more common).  I really would like a way to buy all their covers in CD format, but I guess even that's old school and laughable.... :(

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options

Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • YEMTrey
    Options

Steve 

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    edited November 2019
    Options
    So I hear that the Black Crowes are getting back together and touring.  

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • northGAcock
    Options
    So I hear that the Black Crows are getting back together and touring.  
    Gonna try and catch them in Charlotte. Did I see they are touring with Chrissy Hines (Pretenders)?

• YEMTrey
    edited November 2019
    Options
    So I hear that the Black Crowes are getting back together and touring.  
    This has been all over my news feeds.  They had a public display of brotherly affection on the Howard Stern show and both stated "this time is different".
    Unfortunately it appears the shows are comprised of a first set entirely of the Shake Your Money Maker album (to celebrate 30th anny) and the second set will be of fav's from other albums.  But with no jamming, as stated by Chris. 
    I have my reservations about this and will be surprised if the Bros make it through the tour.  It's a very ambitious tour schedule.
    With everything that has happened in the past and where the two currently find themselves, I can't help but think in the back of my mind that this is just a cash grab.
    Hope I'm wrong and the music is good.  As much as I loved the Crowes, not sure I'll pay the asking price for these shows.
    Steve 

• Botch
    Options

Hi, I'm botch, and I'm an audiophile.  I have an Oppo disk player, BDP-103, that died a long time ago and I wasn't able to get fixed.  Oppo no longer makes "Universal Disk" players, that include 5.1 channel playback of all formats (DVD, DVD-A, SACD, SADC 5.1, Bluray, Bluray Audio, of which I now have a pretty big collection).  Found an older, used BDP-93, and finally got it installed yesterday.  Plays the above formats, so I'm happy, for now.
    Trouble is, no one makes these players anymore.  When this one dies (and all mechanical players eventually do), I'm done.  Happy, yet depressed.
    Oddly, the above music selection is only stereo; its the first one I grabbed off the stack of new discs I haven't heard yet.  Eno was the keyboardist for Roxy Music, and programmed a lot of the original patches for my first synth, Yamaha DX-7.  I have a lot of his music, very ambient/atmospheric, but I like it.  
    Good sounds, for a limited time... :|  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,336
    Options

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,896
    Options
    Stubby Kaye on an LP of "Li'l Abner - An Original Musical Comedy" from 1956 I'm converting to digital for my niece. This was one album from her dad's collection I've been slowly converting. What fun😎
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Dave talks about his "several" eggs and BBQing a little bit in the first few minutes.

https://youtu.be/5V-iI1OXATc

Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• northGAcock
    Options
    Botch said:

Hi, I'm botch and In and audiophile....
    You might appreciate this. Wife is converting a room upstairs used as her art studio into a more livable space. Hung an old TV and set up Stereo in the room. Pulled out my old Reel to Reel which hasn’t been used in probably 25 years. Played but can use some cleaning. May try to have refurbished if I can find someone to do it. 

• Botch
    Options
    northGAcock said:
    You might appreciate this. Wife is converting a room upstairs used as her art studio into a more livable space. Hung an old TV and set up Stereo in the room. Pulled out my old Reel to Reel which hasn’t been used in probably 25 years. Played but can use some cleaning. May try to have refurbished if I can find someone to do it. 
    Excellent!  You made me think, yeah, you can still get a reel-to-reel repaired/calibrated, so maybe I need to just dig a bit more to get my Oppo fixed.  
    I still have my old stereo equipment, Advent speakers and Yamaha electronics, but the only room it'd fit in is in my basement family room, which ain't "cozy".  Maybe someday...

• saluki2007
    Options
  • saluki2007
    Options
    This is a good read: https://www.guitarworld.com/artists/the-30-best-blues-guitarists-in-the-world-today  I only knew of about half of them.  There is a video for each artist.  Looks like I've got some catching up to do.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,336
    Options

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• TigerTony
    TigerTony Posts: 1,078
    edited November 2019
    Options

These guys took a  Johnny Cash country classic and ROCKED it out like you won't believe. Everything about this song is awesome!
    WOW!!! The lead guitarist, the singer on bass guitar, the drums.
    This will blow you away!
    My absolute favorite cover.
    https://youtu.be/hAHjM6a9fYA
    "I'm stupidest when I try to be funny" 
    New Orleans

• northGAcock
    Options
    Clearance Clemons.......Who do I Think I am? 

Great watch on Netflix.

The BIG MAN.

Miss him🍻🎷

• YEMTrey
    Options
    Had a moment of deja-vu while watching that video. Then realized they are the same guys that did the Grinch song.  Good stuff.
    Steve 

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    https://youtu.be/6SFNW5F8K9Y

Wait for it....

EC called him the greatest ever.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Botch
    Options

Phillip Bailey was the falsetto vocalist with Earth Wind & Fire.  He's definitely gone in more of a jazz direction with his solo work, and this album is very good!  

• Botch
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    Had a moment of deja-vu while watching that video. Then realized they are the same guys that did the Grinch song.  Good stuff.
    I think I'm gonna spend TG listening to Small Town Titans videos; Wow!!

Did you know the guy who sang the original Grinch song (from the cartoon) also voiced Tony the Tiger's "Theyyyyy're Great!"?  

• MotownVol
    MotownVol Posts: 1,040
    Options
    Morristown TN, LBGE and Mini-Max.
  • MotownVol
    Options
  • MotownVol
    Options
  • MotownVol
    Options
  • 700LEVEL
    Options
    Relaxing to the mellow sounds of Cannibal Corpse - Butchered at Birth.