Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Saturday Night Friends and Tapas

Mattman3969
Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
edited November 2019 in EggHead Forum
 Decided it was time for a gathering of the friends and you have to have food to go with good company.  The night got underway with some cheese and wine for the warm up

We just kinda jumped in and cooked as the night started. Next up was Mediterranean Roasted Cauliflower seasoned with EVOO,Baslamic Vinegar, onion powder,garlic powder, basil,oregano,thyme with some S&P.  Fresh Parm went on just before eating 

Next up was Southwestern Egg Rolls.   Earlier in the day I did a chicken on the small for the egg rolls.  The skin got a little extra crispy but that didn’t matter cause all I needed was the meat. Egg rolls had chicken(duh) black beans,onions,garlic,red pepper,jalapeños and spinach plus a big helping of Colby Jack cheese. 

Rubbed a Tri Tip with DP Raising the Steaks and dropped it for SV swim at 134° for 4ish hours. 

Egg Rolls and Tri Tip waiting to hit the egg. 

Egg Rolls on the Large at 450 indirect 

Just came off the egg and waiting to cool down some so I could slice them 

Pulled the woo out and had the spider down deep for the sear action. I tossed around the idea of caveman but decided to go with what I knew. 

Slice up Tri Tip on little toast with some horseradish 

A lil slice action that Mrs 3969 got a pic of.  

And as close to a money shot as I got for @lousubcap

Now for dessert. We cored some Granny Smith apples and filled with a mix of chopped dates,raisins and apple pie seasonings.  In the SV @184 for 2hrs 

And topped with some homemade whip cream 

A great night of friends and food.  Thanks for taking the time to read.  

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.

Comments