Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Road Trip to Cook at 2019 EGGtoberfest!

Hotch
Hotch Posts: 3,564
Shelly and I will be cooking this year at the 2019 EGGtoberfest.
Our Big Green Egg distributor here in Texas, Paragon Distributing, asked us if we would like cook at EGGtoberfest! 
Of course Shelly and I both jumped on the opportunity to cook!!

Our menu will be 3 of our favorites.
First up is "Scottie's Balls". Our Texas spin on @SGH 's "The Best Appetizer That You Will Ever Eat"

Next is our "SuckleBusters 1836 Beef Sliders". These little guys pack a lot of Beef flavor!!

And we finish with our "Baja Wave Tequila Lime Pulled Pork Tacos".

I'm told we will be in the BIG Green Egg Corporate area under the white BGE special pop ups like we have at Athens TX EggFest.

Please come by and say Hi! 
Hotch and Shelly
Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
BGE Chiminea
Prosper, TX

Comments

• 1voyager
    1voyager Posts: 1,157
    Your menu looks incredible. Best of luck!
    Large Egg, PGS A40 gasser.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Sweet, Hotch!! Don't have too much fun :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    More info on the beef sliders if you don't mind sharing?!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    I hope we can find you. Those look great
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,505
    Have FUN!
    canuckland
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Three amazing winners right there!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,344
    Have fun!!
    Using pretzel sticks as cocktails sticks is a slick idea. Edible so no waste to dispose of. Betting there are some folks tho that may not realize the stick is not the usual wood or plastic, or they just hate pretzels, and don't eat them.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Hotch
    edited October 2019
    YEMTrey said:
    It's simple. Here ya go:

SuckleBusters 1836 Beef Sliders                                                                                                           
    (Ingredients per 1 Lb of ground chuck. Nets 10 patties per Lb)                                                                                       
    1 LB of 80/20 ground Chuck (Fresh store ground works best)                            
    2.5 - Tbsp SuckleBusters 1836 Beef Rub                                           
    1 Bottle of  SuckleBusters Original BBQ Sauce                                           
    Hawaiian Rolls                                                       
    Valasic Ovals                                                           
    Instructions:                                                          
    1.    Completely combine the ground chuck and SuckleBusters 1836 Rub in a large S/S bowl.                 
    2.    Do not work too much! Keep it loose.                                        
    3.    Cover with foil and let rest in the refrigerator over night (Do Not Skip This!!)     
    4.    Measure out 1.5 oz. portions and loosely make into a patty.                       
    5.    Prepare your Big Green Egg for cooking indirect and bring the temperature up to 350 degrees.           
    6.    Place the 1836 Beef patties on a perforated pizza pan and cook until you reach an internal temperature of 148 degrees.
    7.    Slice the Hawaiian Rolls in half, sauce the roll with SuckleBusters Original BBQ sauce and add one dill pickle slice.   

Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    awesome, man
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Some lucky tasters. Give em hell Hotch.
    Travel Safe!
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Will definitely be looking for your tent!!!  Nice work!
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Hotch said:
    YEMTrey said:
    It's simple. Here ya go:

SuckleBusters 1836 Beef Sliders                                                                                                           
    (Ingredients per 1 Lb of ground chuck. Nets 10 patties per Lb)                                                                                       
    1 LB of 80/20 ground Chuck (Fresh store ground works best)                            
    2.5 - Tbsp SuckleBusters 1836 Beef Rub                                           
    1 Bottle of  SuckleBusters Original BBQ Sauce                                           
    Hawaiian Rolls                                                       
    Valasic Ovals                                                           
    Instructions:                                                          
    1.    Completely combine the ground chuck and SuckleBusters 1836 Rub in a large S/S bowl.                 
    2.    Do not work too much! Keep it loose.                                        
    3.    Cover with foil and let rest in the refrigerator over night (Do Not Skip This!!)     
    4.    Measure out 1.5 oz. portions and loosely make into a patty.                       
    5.    Prepare your Big Green Egg for cooking indirect and bring the temperature up to 350 degrees.           
    6.    Place the 1836 Beef patties on a perforated pizza pan and cook until you reach an internal temperature of 148 degrees.
    7.    Slice the Hawaiian Rolls in half, sauce the roll with SuckleBusters Original BBQ sauce and add one dill pickle slice.   

Thanks!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    @Hotch
    I wish I could come brother. I would love to see you again my friend. I know your grub will be an absolute hone run 👍

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• HeavyG said:
    Have fun!!
    Using pretzel sticks as cocktails sticks is a slick idea. Edible so no waste to dispose of. Betting there are some folks tho that may not realize the stick is not the usual wood or plastic, or they just hate pretzels, and don't eat them.

Use a cocktail stick! 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    HeavyG said:
    Have fun!!

Use a cocktail stick! 
    A cocktail stick!
  • SmokeyLopey
    SmokeyLopey Posts: 435
    edited October 2019
    @Hotch: it was nice seeing you and your bride at EGGtoberfest--sorry to have missed all the good eats! Safe travels home!
  • Hotch
    @Hotch: it was nice seeing you and your bride at EGGtoberfest--sorry to have missed all the good eats! Safe travels home!
    Good to meet you. We had a blast! 
    Thanks headed back in the morning. 
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • caliking
    @Hotch I’m not going to believe you were there, doing your thing, until I see some pics =)

• I missed this the first time, but that looks like three awesome offerings.
    Stillwater, MN
  • 3 strong cooks! I'm gonna have to give the SGH dish a try soon.
    Wetumpka, Alabama
    LBGE and MM
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    They ask the best. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• caliking
    Sounds like you had a grand time @Hotch!

• Hotch
    edited October 2019
    caliking said:
    Sounds like you had a grand time @Hotch!

It was hard work, but we did have a grand time!!
    Prep time before leaving was at 24 hours.
    Prep time in Atlanta, Setup and take down on site at 12 hours.

We started with
    53 lbs of pork butts
    8 lbs of breakfast sausage
    25 lbs of 80/20 chuck
    Drive time of 24 hours
    1,836 miles driven.
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Hotch
    A few pics.
    Thursday prior:

BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Hotch
    A few pics.
    Friday visit to BGE HQ:

BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Hotch
    Friday Meet and Greet Setup:

BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Hotch
    Friday Afternoon Load in and setup at EggtoberFest site:

Starting to fill in!
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Thanks for sharing and all the pictures!
    South of Columbus, Ohio.