Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pulled Beef BBQ

Options
Clay Q
Clay Q Posts: 4,486
Oh Boy!  It's a good day for smoking up some BEEF.  I'm on a mission making pulled beef bbq ahead of my son's birthday, Friday the 27th.   Basic steps are in three stages; 1. Smoke chuck roast using indirect heat to 150 degrees internal.  2.  Wrap in foil or butchers paper or place in covered Dutch oven and continue cooking until somewhere around 205 degrees internal.  3.  Rest in cooler 1 to 2 hours then pull apart, add beef stock and sauce and return to the egg for a one hour second smoking in an open Dutch oven.
I'm heading out to the egg!
Your buddy in smoke,
Clay Q   

Comments

• johnmitchell
    Options
    Sounds great. Enjoy your day.
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Sounds good, Clay. What sauce are you adding in the last stage?

And, where ya been? =)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    Nice to see you posting Clay Q! Good eats coming your way.
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Clay Q
    Options
    Carolina Q, !!!  I'm keeping the fires going just not posting.  Had 5 eggs now down to 4.   Latest addition uuni pro pizza oven and char-broil barrel grill.  When I smoke up pulled beef I reminisce on good times with fellow eggheads.  Recently been promoted to Grandpa!   My son likes Sweet Baby Ray's Hickory and Brown Sugar.  Works for me.   
    WeberWho, !!!  Hickory smoke is in the air, and it smells guuuuud.  Thanks! 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Address? :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,420
    Options
    I did pulled beef for the 4th. First time doing it and it was amazing! Enjoy!!!!
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    Clay, ole pal - good to see you are still smoking up the North woods! You've been MIA for years now! Stick around - there are a lot of newbies and vets as well who can benefit from your vast knowledge - both in egging and serious woodworking expertise! 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • marysvilleksegghead
    Options
    Had this on my "List" for a long time . . . one of these days  :o

Clay's Pulled Beef BBQ

http://www.greeneggers.com/index.php?option=com_recipes&Itemid=71&func=detail&id=431
    Lrg 2008
    Mini 2009
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,834
    Options
    pics?

Or I can just PM you my address and you can send me some so I know it really happened.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• milesvdustin
    Options
    Sounds awesome, I would smoke to 150 then add all the business into the dutch oven.  

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• GATraveller
    Options
    Waiting patiently for the finished result.......

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Carolina Q
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    pics?
    Waiting patiently for the finished result.......
    https://dizzypigbbq.com/recipe/clays-pulled-beef/

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Brisket_Fanatic
    Options
    Your pulled beef recipe with the maple syrup is still one of my favorites and just made some last Sunday. Good to see you around again!!! Dang now i have a craving for one of your Rubens!! Am I right @WeberWho

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• WeberWho
    Options
    Your pulled beef recipe with the maple syrup is still one of my favorites and just made some last Sunday. Good to see you around again!!! Dang now i have a craving for one of your Rubens!! Am I right @WeberWho
    Yes sir!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Clay Q
    Options
    In the past I used photobucket for pictures and gave up because of virus issues.  If there is a way to attach photos or otherwise import directly from my file I could give it a try.  I post food pictures on facebook occasionally; Clay Roberts, Appleton WI.  Hi RRP!, Brisket Fanatic! WeberWho!  Howdie everyone!  The pulled beef is great, got it foodsaver bagged for birthday party tomorrow.  Yesterday made stuffed home grown peppers, killer good.  In the near future calzones!  Never made'um but they look good.     
  • Carolina Q
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Clay Q said:
    In the past I used photobucket for pictures and gave up because of virus issues.  If there is a way to attach photos or otherwise import directly from my file I could give it a try. 
    @Clay Q, just drag your pic from wherever it's stored on your computer and drop it into your post. No PB etc needed. Not sure on a smart phone, but someone will probably chime in.

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• WeberWho
    Options
    I use my phone for 99.8% for pictures so it might be different for desktop but I upload with this icon button below. 

Minnesota
  • Clay Q
    Options
    Thanks WeberWho for your help!  I need all the help I can get, hehehe.  No pictures of latest pulled beef, recent BEEF pic's I have.  New computer, learning the procedures!
  • Clay Q
    Options
    Thanks Carolina Q ,  will try your suggestion.