Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

SEC time

Options

Comments

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Legume said:
    REB17 said:
    Actually, I think Texas A&M has the most difficult schedule. SEC west and Clemson out of conference. 
    Correct. Not even close. 
    This, does not break my heart.
    They will just cry that they are 6-5 because of how hard their schedule is, not taking into account they have been 6-5 since 1978. :D
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    According to ESPN, 3 of the top 4, and 5 of the top 10 in power ratings, are SEC schools.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    LSU defense should think about getting more Gatoraid with all that "cramping" they had.  
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • FanOfFanboys
    Options
    LSU defense should think about getting more Gatoraid with all that "cramping" they had.  
    maybe if they had a/c in their locker rooms during halftime...

put the band at the very top, only gave 3K tickets, no a/c for the visiting team

Boom
  • YukonRon
    Options
    They did not want to run up the score on a team playing at home. it was part of their plan......

Just kidding.

I do believe Herbstreet was spot on....If you want to score on Texas, throw at their corners. I have a bunch of Texas fans in the family, lot of folks in Texas.

I told them that early in the game. The size and speed on the outside was not a great match up for Texas.

I think Texas will win a lot of games, good team, but their DB play killed them.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options

put the band at the very top, only gave 3K tickets, no a/c for the visiting team

You are right.  We should have given the band 50 yard line seats and like what 10k seats for ya'll?  Makes perfect sense.  
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options

I'm sure LSU will gladly return the favor next season in Red Stick (Baton Rouge). Great game by the Tigers. They are going to be tough to beat. I think Texas will be too. Great (offensive) game by 2 really good teams.
  • SemolinaPilchard
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    They did not want to run up the score on a team playing at home. it was part of their plan......

Just kidding.

I do believe Herbstreet was spot on....If you want to score on Texas, throw at their corners. I have a bunch of Texas fans in the family, lot of folks in Texas.

I told them that early in the game. The size and speed on the outside was not a great match up for Texas.

I think Texas will win a lot of games, good team, but their DB play killed them.
    How can that be true? I thought UT declared themselves to be DBU?  =)
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    Also, Texas's defensive backs are really young.  Freshman and sophomores if I am not mistaken.  LSU sure can't be dubbed DBU either.  450 yards and 4 td's 
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Who would of thought that an Ohio State QB would be the best in the SEC...
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• REB17
    REB17 Posts: 152
    Options
    Or a second string GA QB would be the best in BIG 10. 
    LGBE-1999, MBGE-2003, SBGE-2007

Midlothian, VA
  • REB17
    Options
    Or to take that further, a second string QB from
    Bama would the best in Big 12. Although I do believe Jalen Hurts in a better QB under Lincoln Riley 

Midlothian, VA
  • FanOfFanboys
    Options

You are right.  We should have given the band 50 yard line seats and like what 10k seats for ya'll?  Makes perfect sense.  
    I'm not an LSU fan. But that's **** treatment and not standard for hosting teams. And the rest include AC
    Boom
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    Well not sure I would believe that. I would think that we would have heard about it from La Tech. Statement from Texas’s AD Del Conte. 

Midland, TX XLBGE
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Real classy how the Texas fans booed every LSU injury....even when they benefitted with the clock stopping.   My brother is a huge Texas fan and he was embarrassed.  "I'm not a fan of the fans", he said.
    @nolaegghead I was there. I didn’t boo, but it just seemed real strange that only the defense “cramped” up. No one on offense.  Also only when Texas was driving the ball. I’m not making excuses for Texas losing at all. We blew our chances in the beginning of the game. Can’t blow opportunities against a team like LSU.  It just sucks that it happened so many times it starts looking suspect. 

Midland, TX XLBGE
  • YukonRon
    Options
    The real national championship is played in Atlanta, it is called the SEC championship.

The rest are just bowl games.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,529
    Options
    REB17 said:
    Bama would the best in Big 12. Although I do believe Jalen Hurts in a better QB under Lincoln Riley 
    Jalen Hurts is a better QB because the competition is trash
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    REB17 said:
    Or a second string GA QB would be the best in BIG 10. 
    To be fair Joey Burrito was too...
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    The real national championship is played in Atlanta, it is called the SEC championship.

I believe Texas and Clemson would both have a valid argument against that point...
  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,529
    Options
    YukonRon said:

I believe Texas and Clemson would both have a valid argument against that point...
    Clemson = absolutely
    Texas = Absolutely not
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• YukonRon
    Options
    YukonRon said:

When it comes to college sports, I am having fun.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    YukonRon said:

When it comes to college sports, I am having fun.
    me too!
  • REB17
    Options
    billt01 said:
    REB17 said:
    Jalen Hurts is a better QB because the competition is trash
    Can't disagree, but Riley did coach last 2 Heisman winners. It's all a numbers game. And I'm no OK fan 

Midlothian, VA
  • YukonRon
    Options

"I think 'Titanic' came out maybe when I was in college," Pruitt said, according to the Knoxville News-Sentinel. "When the boat starts going down, remember all the mice running to the top, right? We have had a few that left our program, but you will figure out who wants to be a Tennessee Vol and who don't. I can tell you this: I want to. I know the standards and expectations that we have and the men on our staff and the character that we have. You will see the best of the players at Tennessee throughout the year."

In case you aren't a fan of history, the Titanic was a luxury cruise ship that sank in its maiden voyage in 1912. So ... apparently Pruitt thinks his program is comparable to the Titanic? That's not exactly reassuring if you're a Tennessee fan.

It has been said the only people that had a chance for survival were the first to get off the ship. It allowed them to get far away from the resulting whirlpool of water that could take them down with it.

I suppose this explains why Neyland Stadium starts to empty during halftime.

It is tough being a Vols fan these days.

Hoping for the best every game the rest of the year, except for one, y'all probably kill us again like you do every year.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    YukonRon said:

"I think 'Titanic' came out maybe when I was in college," Pruitt said, according to the Knoxville News-Sentinel. "When the boat starts going down, remember all the mice running to the top, right? We have had a few that left our program, but you will figure out who wants to be a Tennessee Vol and who don't. I can tell you this: I want to. I know the standards and expectations that we have and the men on our staff and the character that we have. You will see the best of the players at Tennessee throughout the year."

In case you aren't a fan of history, the Titanic was a luxury cruise ship that sank in its maiden voyage in 1912. So ... apparently Pruitt thinks his program is comparable to the Titanic? That's not exactly reassuring if you're a Tennessee fan.

It has been said the only people that had a chance for survival were the first to get off the ship. It allowed them to get far away from the resulting whirlpool of water that could take them down with it.

I suppose this explains why Neyland Stadium starts to empty during halftime.

It is tough being a Vols fan these days.

Hoping for the best every game the rest of the year, except for one, y'all probably kill us again like you do every year.

He said “mice” but everyone knew he meant rats were scurrying off the ship (players transferring). That will not endear him to other recruits. His time will be short at Rocky Top. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    They're volunteer rats, free to leave any time.  Guess one way to keep them from leaving is to drive them away in the first place.
    Options
    "That will not endear him to other recruits. His time will be short at Rocky Top."

The media reported more than once, coach Pruitt had told the recruits "If we do not win 8 games this year, you should go somewhere else." 

We will see, once signing day rolls around.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Options
    Image result for rocky top tennessee meme
    Signal Mountain, TN