Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bull Market!!!

Comments

• One of my buddies invested in Bitcoin, and lost 20% of his investment before selling.  Guess that’s why I use a “Wealth Management Company” to take care of my investments.  It’s their “full time job”, so I can spend time lowering my handicap and not stock trading!
  • BugFreak72
    BugFreak72 Posts: 246
    edited August 2019
    One of my buddies invested in Bitcoin, and lost 20% of his investment before selling.  Guess that’s why I use a “Wealth Management Company” to take care of my investments.  It’s their “full time job”, so I can spend time lowering my handicap and not stock trading!
    Very true statement here. Unfortunately too many people think they can do it part time with all the "facts" on the internet these days. No different than a part-time doctor to me. Would you do it? It is just as important if not more in my opinion.
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    I let my tsp c and s fund running for me. I never look at it except the yearly statements. It's been doing well. 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• Didn’t Mark Zuckerburger an some of his ahole friends start Bitcoin?  That’s why I never bought any of it.
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,061
    For the typical working person investor "time in the market", not "timing the market" should bring adequate returns, if coupled with dollar cost averaging.

For a stark contast, compare the net worth of members of Congress (both branches, both parties) from the time they enter office until the time they leave.  That is enlightening and at one time would have had repercussions, not of the positive sort.
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Politicians will tank the market then buy low. Simple.
    Anyone who knows when 'low' is has a lot more money than I do.
  • Updated Aug 15, 2018

Harley-Davidson, Inc. (HOG) shares have fallen nearly 4% this week after President Trump tweeted his support for a nationwide boycott following the motorcycle maker's decision to shift some production out of the United States to avoid up to $100 million in 2019 European Union tariff surcharges. The decline has set up a key test at 2018 support that, if broken, will drop the stock to a multi-year low. 

The White House’s move to back off on the hard and fast date for the new tariffs came as a sigh of relief for markets, which have been increasingly on edge amid the intensifying trade war between Beijing and Washington. Major indexes, which had been trading in the red before the market open, shot up on the news.

Rising shares of tech companies, tech distributors and other retailers carried the market higher. Apple shares jumped nearly 5% higher on the news and Best Buy soared more than 8%. Chip stocks also moved out of correction territory with the semiconductor ETF down 8% from its July high.

South of Columbus, Ohio.

• @eoin we don't know the right people.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• One of my buddies invested in Bitcoin, and lost 20% of his investment before selling.  Guess that’s why I use a “Wealth Management Company” to take care of my investments.  It’s their “full time job”, so I can spend time lowering my handicap and not stock trading!
    My wife’s cousin became a millionaire on Bitcoin. It’s a lot of luck and a willingness to gamble. 
    A monkey throwing darts is just as good as a "professional."
  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,523
    edited August 2019
    CINF
    STI
    NFLX
    MFEGX
    OIEIX
    SPY
    S
    FBSOX
    QQQ
    XBI
    WMT
    AMZN
    AAPL
    TWTR
    CCI
    XRP-USD
    LTC-USD
    ETH-USD
    BTC-USD

all purchased without help from a broker..

the Goog and a bit of knowledge on how to read a company's balance sheet..

a broker doesn't care if you make it or lose it as long as you're buying/selling.

Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Don’t care much for brokers...they make money on the trades and stuff they promote.  Prefer a fiduciary wealth management group, as they do re-balance quarterly, and get paid on the basis of the monthly “net” amount of my account.  If I do good, they do good.  And they provide some great tax advise at the end of each year.  
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,428
    dstearn said:
    It has been 3 months and I actually have more money in my fund than I did when I retired.
    You, Sir, are set!  :triumph:  

I'm in a similar place; I can easily live on my two pensions (how many 'muricans have that anymore?) and won't have to touch the "nest egg" until some bizarre disease gets me jettisoned from my health care (and I'm expecting that).  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,286
    Just the one pension here but my house is paid for. My car note Mazda 3 is the only debt besides utilities etc and only 16 months left on it. 
  • TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    I hereby order the market to perform better.
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • I’m jus glad President Trump is showing the Chineese whose boss!
  • BugFreak72
    BugFreak72 Posts: 246
    Take a deep breath and relax. There is no need to panic from one tweet/post.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,428
    Happy Friday!
    Here's to a Koch Brothers Reunion, very soon!  :triumph:

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Lower prices mean my dollar buys more shares. Let'er eat.
  • Botch said:
    Happy Friday!

I think Bernie is one of those disloyal Jews the President was talking about!
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,867

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    Will Rogers would be having a blast, everyday, if he were alive since 2016.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,323
    YukonRon said:
    Will Rogers would be having a blast, everyday, if he were alive since 2016.
    As would H. L. Mencken and Molly Ivans.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• YukonRon
    "A king can rule as long as his own people are fighting, he won't last long though, when his people start thinking."

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    Botch said:
    Happy Friday!

And maybe Ruth Bader Ginsburg can join them, but she's headed waaaay more South than they are.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • YukonRon
    SCJRBG is a tough old bird. I think she is just determined to make it to the next election.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky