Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Good news/bad news

Options
Good news is I landed a set of cook tickets, bad news is what the hell can I cook for the masses that is efficient enough to keep the wolves at bay? Too many people do pizza (in not opinion), so that’s not an option. 

Comments

• billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,528
    Options
    texas twinkies
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• unoriginalusername
    Options
    Smash burgers?
  • Matt86m
    Matt86m Posts: 471
    Options
    Pig shots

Kielbasa pieces wrapped in bacon, Sprinkle your favorite rub and some brown sugar on them
    XL aka Senior, Mini Max aka Junior, Weber Q's, Blackstone 22, Lion built in, RecTec Mini 300, Lodge Hibachi, Uuni, wife says I have too many grills,,,,how many shoes do you have?

IG -->  matt_86m
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Wings, do 2 or 3 types as to appease the masses

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,834
    Options
    Actually, the challenge at an Eggfest is not "something other than pizza" so much as it is "something without bacon" - because a very high percentage of eggfest cooks do something with bacon...

Or - when in Rome...

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    Sous Vide prepping protiens make it easier to churn out volume
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • FanOfFanboys
    FanOfFanboys Posts: 2,615
    Options
    the good news is there is no bad news
    the bad news is there is no good news
    Boom
  • Kent8621
    Kent8621 Posts: 843
    Options
    at north georgia we churned out over 600 street tacos, 6 dozen scotch eggs.  think of stuff you can mass produce the protein and serve it up individually quickly.  the tacos are easy to prep and if you have some helpers you can do some prep on the side and hand things out quick.  do you have anyone helping you?

2 Large Eggs - Raleigh, NC

Boiler Up!!

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,759
    edited August 2019
    Options
    we are doing an event Labor Day Weekend which I will/have started prepping---Bacon Burnt Ends, (home cured bacon then sous vide so the smoke time is quick) Boudin Balls and On A Stick, prepping then freezing this weekend, only have to fry the day of.........Musubi with a twist , make that day but it goes quick and easy...tons of smoked mac and cheese we make ahead and actually cold smoke, then heat day of

Musubi for those that haven't seen/had it , Spam Sushi---big hit

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,834
    Options
    Love me some Spam musubi

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,744
    Options
    never heard of musubi, didnt know there was teriyaki spam either. way before the times =)  im looking for some
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    Best advice I have is to prep absolutely everything you can at home. B)
    Then once setup at the EggFest just start cooking and serving!!
    Remember you are not feeding all 5,000! 
    Just have fun and enjoy!
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX