Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-What are you buying right now?

Options

Comments

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    My 1st ever SRF Black Briskets.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    @nolaegghead - I will admit that I have had a few adult cocktails this evening, but how many shops (after this one) will you own?? 
    BTW- off-site space definitely beats the couch B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @nolaegghead - I will admit that I have had a few adult cocktails this evening, but how many shops (after this one) will you own?? 
    BTW- off-site space definitely beats the couch B)
    Just this one and the one I built behind out house, which is landlocked from cars.
    Options
    Cayman is looking fine brother. 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • littlerascal56
    Options
    Got to stay off eBay.  Just bought another Scotty Cameron 2019 putter. At least they grow in value, even when you actually use them like I do. I’m a golf club “ho” for sure!
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    A foam cannon.

https://youtu.be/m0FbOCffn4Y

Not for me.... but for a campground we are at.  
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
    Not Jack skit. Everybody decided to send me a bill for this or that..
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    A foam cannon.

https://youtu.be/m0FbOCffn4Y

Not for me.... but for a campground we are at.  
    Brings me back to college when we foamed the dorm hallway with something like that on a Thursday night and it got wayyyyy out of control. 

Holy crap the memories just came flooding back. Thanks for posting.  
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,304
    Options
    I was at the dentist. The assistant asked me “where are you going this summer?”  I said “Nowhere, you all have 15% of my net income for the last 12 months.”
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    I was at the dentist. The assistant asked me “where are you going this summer?”  I said “Nowhere, you all have 15% of my net income for the last 12 months.”
    :lol: You know she has sharp instruments in your mouth?  :lol:

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    Been trying to buy some m-fing shrubs for a week from Pike Nursery. Special order was supposed to be here Tuesday. One hour round trip and no dice. Went back today and they couldn’t find my order. I think they sold it and had the dimissive “IDGAF” attitude.  I haven’t chewed on someone’s ass like that in a long time. Total incompetence at every level in that store. 
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    Been trying to buy some m-fing shrubs for a week from Pike Nursery. Special order was supposed to be here Tuesday. One hour round trip and no dice. Went back today and they couldn’t find my order. I think they sold it and had the dimissive “IDGAF” attitude.  I haven’t chewed on someone’s ass like that in a long time. Total incompetence at every level in that store. 
    Reminds me of this episode!  Great scene.  Sorry you had to deal with a crap company.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4T2GmGSNvaM
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • BPFBGE
    BPFBGE Posts: 32
    Options
    Just bought some Gold Wagyu ribeyes and wagyu ground beef from SRF.
  • smokingal
    smokingal Posts: 1,025
    Options
    Groceries.
    It's "Smokin Gal", not "Smoking Al".
    Egging in the Atlanta GA region
    Large BGE, CGS setup, Kick Ash Basket, Smokeware SS Cap,
    Arteflame grill grate

http://barbecueaddict.com
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    Reminds me of this episode!  Great scene.  Sorry you had to deal with a crap company.

Amen brother! 
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    kl8ton said:

Classic!

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    kl8ton said:

Classic!
    Agreed.  So good!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,660
    Options
    Wagyu brisket, wagyu short ribs, and wagyu steak tips.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• 1911Man
    1911Man Posts: 366
    Options
    Last weekend I bought a 1/2" thick piece of AR400 plate (approx. 38"x37" IIRC). It might become the base for a power hammer build later this year (or over the winter). I was considering using it to make a plate for use in the BGE, but might just get something with a lip for that. ;)
    Large BGE with CGS Woo Ring, stone with stainless pan, Smokeware chimney cap, Kick Ash basket and Kick Ash can.
    Living free in the 603 (Pelham).
  • Leopoldstoch
    Leopoldstoch Posts: 1,182
    Options
    Just added another egg to the family, and awaiting my orders from smokeware and ceramic grill store!

Brandon - Ohio

• 1911Man
    Options
    @Leopoldstoch What size is the new egg?? How many does that take you to? I'm giving serious thought to getting a large. Not sure if I'd keep the medium, or sell it, if I do that.
    Large BGE with CGS Woo Ring, stone with stainless pan, Smokeware chimney cap, Kick Ash basket and Kick Ash can.
  • Leopoldstoch
    Leopoldstoch Posts: 1,182
    Options
    1911Man said:
    @Leopoldstoch What size is the new egg?? How many does that take you to? I'm giving serious thought to getting a large. Not sure if I'd keep the medium, or sell it, if I do that.
    Two currently. Upgraded sizing from a medium to a large. Probably selling the medium

Brandon - Ohio

• 1911Man
    edited August 2019
    Options
    My only "issues" with the medium is that I can't smoke a turkey larger than a 14# bird and it can be a bit tight doing a ~9# turkey breast section. Plus, I can only grill about three (or four if smaller) chicken breasts at a time. Also, longer salmon fillets get a bit interesting. ;)

I'll probably be getting the large before Thanksgiving the more I think about it.
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    🤦‍♂️

Out shopping for a car for my daughter that’s turning 16 in 17 days...

painful
    Greensboro, NC
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @Wolfpack Does she already have a permit?  Don't know the licensing protocol in NC.  If not then you can slow-roll this as she will need an adult accomplice til licensed.   Better yet (situation depending)-give her yours/SWMBO's and get yourself a new ride.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Yes, she has the permit and the number of hours of driving required for her license. Wife just got a new car and mine is a sedan and she wants a suv. 

Greensboro, NC
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Well- I would offer  "want in one hand ...in the other."  You didn't ask but I went thru this around 12-14 years ago with two sons.  Their wants were never part of the equation right out of the gate.  Granted times have changed but a SUV means a people carrier...FWIW- and not much!
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Well- I would offer  "want in one hand ...in the other."  You didn't ask but I went thru this around 12-14 years ago with two sons.  Their wants were never part of the equation right out of the gate.  Granted times have changed but a SUV means a people carrier...FWIW- and not much!
    Mine got a cheap car with a small engine to minimise the damage they could do.
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    Friggin jewelry for my wife. #ihatebirthdays

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.