Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,950
    Options
    DMW said:
    I'm waiting for this.

https://www.tesla.com/roadster
    0 to 60 in under two seconds is absolutely insane.  
    If ole Elon has done his homework you won't even hear the tires chirp. Rumor has it MB has a 200 mph electric SLR 
    Many of the companies are well on their way to having EV lines.  I think it's a good thing in general, and am glad to see it.  

It's probably not a good thing for Tesla, however.  Will be interesting to see if the company is able to survive in the long run.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    DMW said:
    I'm waiting for this.

If ole Elon has done his homework you won't even hear the tires chirp. Rumor has it MB has a 200 mph electric SLR 
    I just don’t get the point of a 200mph car. At least you can drive a boat as fast as you want. 
    It rhymes with compensation.  
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,348
    Options
    DMW said:
    I'm waiting for this.

I just don’t get the point of a 200mph car. At least you can drive a boat as fast as you want. 
    Track Days.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    edited July 2019
    Options
    DMW said:
    I'm waiting for this.

^^^^^^Having driven a few cars at 180 plus. Don't knock it till you tried it and unless it's a MasterCraft no boat will handle like one of these. (Pick your 200+EUROCAR)
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    DMW said:
    I'm waiting for this.

Many of the companies are well on their way to having EV lines.  I think it's a good thing in general, and am glad to see it.  

It's probably not a good thing for Tesla, however.  Will be interesting to see if the company is able to survive in the long run.  
    The cars are a proof of concept for a battery company. I don't see cars being their bread and butter long term.
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    Just made breakfast on the blackstone, bacon and over medium eggs. Was legit 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• frazzdaddy
    edited July 2019
    Options
    johnnyp said:
    DMW said:
    I'm waiting for this.

The cars are a proof of concept for a battery company. I don't see cars being their bread and butter long term.
    Agree , a sale to another car company in the next 5 years would not suprise me. He proved what he needed to. MB just built a Battery mfg plant in Alabama.
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,650
    Options
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    On top of that somebody went off the road and drove through my mailbox last night hitting it hard enough to blow a check out of the envelope
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    DMW said:
    I'm waiting for this.

Track Days.
    I never found that I wanted more power on track when I used to do track days in the Elise.  I could easily kill the (uprated) brakes in a few laps with 135 BHP / 900kg.  Saw plenty of people in fancy heavy cars lunch a set of tyres on a TD as well, not to mention the damage to low hanging parts when exiting the track at speed.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,174
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    DMW said:
    I'm waiting for this.

Track Days.
    More like... 

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Does everyone in Canada own the same kind of boat?

Cool tho.
    Options
    My buddy called me up tonight asking what I thought about the new Vette.  I told him it was the first Vette I liked since the early 60's.  He thanked me and after a quick discussion told me he was buying one.
    Options
    That sucks! 

I ended up pulling both my tires and checking them inside and out, I'm going to get new ones this fall. I just did new bearings and races

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,174
    Options
    DMW said:
    I'm waiting for this.

I don't get the point of owning $20k worth of lures and fishing gear when you just throw the poor bastards back in the water after catching them.

Let's just agree on: if you haven't owned a 200+ mph car or 20k worth of fishing gear, you probably don't get the point.
    One of these will get you thrown in jail...
  • frazzdaddy
    edited July 2019
    Options
    DMW said:
    I'm waiting for this.

I don't get the point of owning $20k worth of lures and fishing gear when you just throw the poor bastards back in the water after catching them.

Let's just agree on: if you haven't owned a 200+ mph car or 20k worth of fishing gear, you probably don't get the point.
    One of these will get you thrown in jail...
    Not on a track... VIR...Atlanta, Charlotte. I have many customers that take their cars to VIR or several local tracks to drive.
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • BigreenGreg
    BigreenGreg Posts: 581
    Options
    My buddy called me up tonight asking what I thought about the new Vette.  I told him it was the first Vette I liked since the early 60's.  He thanked me and after a quick discussion told me he was buying one.
    After riding in my Friends 718 GTS, I'm loving the mid engine design as long as I don't have to work on it. It looks like a winner especially for the money.
    I'm now calculating how much scotch and how many cigars I'll have to do without to get one... Looks like I'll be hanging on to the ol' Tahoe.
    LBGE, 36" Blackstone, Anova Pro
    Charleston, SC
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    DMW said:
    I'm waiting for this.

20k would just be the reels, right =) not taking the truck up to near150 mph, so 200 is out. having the ability to flip a hummer at 20 mph says i dont need to go 200
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    @milesvdustin Those are new tires, new this spring anyway. The loader operator did load my trailer all to that side but more likely the culprit was the scrap yard I had stopped at before picking up gravel.  Luckily I was close to home so I was able to round up a spare, bottle jacks and cordless impact.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,861
    Options
    Imaging the future of Britain after Boris surged to power this morning.  I say surged, 92,000 people (form a population of 60 million) preferred him to another fella.  Only 46,000 liked the other lad.

Since BoJo was born in the US, is it too late to ask if you might like him back, at all?   Have you got space for a larger than life political leader who is fond of attention and is just a tiny bit prone to clumsy statements? 

Happy to sweeten the deal with a few minor Royals and tickets to the 1st Ashes Test at Edgbaston. (England currently marginal favourites, just FYI)
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • fishlessman
    Options
    first we send over the fast food franchises to take over the fish and chip market, then we send in boris ;) we are slowly taking over =) its all in the plans
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    Options
    maybe we can make a boras parade balloon to celebrate =)=)=)

Image result for beaker muppet

fukahwee maine

• AlbertaEgger
    AlbertaEgger Posts: 1,387
    edited July 2019
    Options

@nolaegghead there are lake boats, and there are river boats, but no, there are several different makes and styles of river boats out here. In the photo for example, all 4 of these boats are different, actually the far boat in the picture weighs around 1850 lbs, where as the closest one in this picture weighs around 3200 lbs. I guess you can tell from the picture, but if you saw them in person you would clearly see the different styles. They also perform completely different.

County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Kind of killing time on a Tuesday - tomorrow through Friday will be busy and I'm heading to Maine on Saturday, but today is pretty blah.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,861
    Options
    maybe we can make a boras parade balloon to celebrate =)=)=)

Image result for beaker muppet

Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:

Since BoJo was born in the US, is it too late to ask if you might like him back, at all?   Have you got space for a larger than life political leader who is fond of attention and is just a tiny bit prone to clumsy statements? 

we're talking about this guy, right?