Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

National Hot Dog Day

July 17th is National Hot Dog Day.  Anyone planning on celebrating?
It's "Smokin Gal", not "Smoking Al".
Egging in the Atlanta GA region
Large BGE, CGS setup, Kick Ash Basket, Smokeware SS Cap,
Arteflame grill grate

http://barbecueaddict.com

Comments

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    Instead of doing a two finger pour of bourbon to celebrate "hump day" I will honor this special occasion with a 3 finger pour.

Party on.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,533
    Sounds like a good reason to have hotdogs for dinner...
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Might have to bust out the SRF dogs I've got in the freezer...
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Yno
    Yno Posts: 529
    With ketchup?
    XL BGE in San Jose, CA. Also a Pit Barrel Cooker, a Cal Flame P4 gasser, and lots of toys including the first ever Flame Boss 300 in the wild. And a new Flame Boss 500.
  • Yno
    Definitely ketchup on that!
    XL BGE in San Jose, CA. Also a Pit Barrel Cooker, a Cal Flame P4 gasser, and lots of toys including the first ever Flame Boss 300 in the wild. And a new Flame Boss 500.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    Thanks for the reminder.  I will have to come up with appropriate recognition and mustard for the win. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Didn't know about it, but I'll be happy to participate if I can find some 1/4 pound natural casing Pearls. Accept no substitute!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• JohnEggGio
    JohnEggGio Posts: 1,430
    At my office we’re grilling hotdogs.  I made chili for chili dogs - mimicked Pink’s chili.  The folks like it - this batch is a bit spicier than in the past.  We’ll see.
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    why can't the bun makers get on board with the dog makers so I don't have extra buns??
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • smokingal
    smokingal Posts: 1,025
    @Yno I was going to tell you to go sit in the BBQ time out corner for that ketchup remark, but to each their own.  I used to put ketchup on everything as a kid before I graduated to putting mustard on everything.

@HeavyG I don't think even @Yno's suggestion to put ketchup on that dish could save it. Thank God I was born many decades after that.  I hate Jello so much.

@TN_Egger I know I saw the answer to that question once.  I don't remember what it was, but I do know that it didn't help me understand the world any better.
    Arteflame grill grate

• Yno
    The only reason I have ketchup in the house is that Ynette likes it on her hash-browns. Other than that, it wouldn't be there....

I'm off to the time out corner....
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Pearl success! And oversize split-tops. Now all I have to do is make chili.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,653
    I have one can of Varsity chili left in the pantry.  This looks like a good reason to put it to use.  Thanks for the heads up!
    Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • smokingal
    smokingal Posts: 1,025
    @Carolina Q  Oversized and split top.  Very nice indeed.  I'm taking the chili route myself.
    Arteflame grill grate

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,597
    Wow that is a tub of tube steak right there!
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    Typical- friggin Weds (7/17) schedule is getting crowded but the National Hotdog Day cook will get shoe-horned in; could be a late breakfast audible. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    HeavyG said:
    This is always a family favorite for National Hot Dog Day...

Not my family mind you, but some family, somewhere, at sometime - I'm guessing the 1950's.

Bon appétit!!  :o

I would just like to say this is the first time I clicked "disagree" intentionally. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,653
    HeavyG said:
    This is always a family favorite for National Hot Dog Day...

Not my family mind you, but some family, somewhere, at sometime - I'm guessing the 1950's.

Bon appétit!!  :o

I would just like to say this is the first time I clicked "disagree" intentionally. 
    I officially agree to this disagree!!! 
    Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102

Flint, Michigan
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    I usually get ballpark primes. 8 dogs, and 8 buns in a package. Win win 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• littlerascal56
    littlerascal56 Posts: 2,104
    My local Dillons (Kroger) had Nathan’s foot long hot dogs and foot long buns on sale today!  
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,545

Thanks for the heads up @smokingal.. Lunch prep done..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    I told my son Duke (4.5yrs old now) that it was National Hot Dog day and asked if I should cook hot dogs for dinner. He said no, so I asked him what I should cook for dinner. He wants corndogs. I don't know if he's getting hot dogs or the planned for spaghetti I was going to do, but I'm not eating corndogs for dinner.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,665
    Griffin said:
    I told my son Duke (4.5yrs old now) that it was National Hot Dog day and asked if I should cook hot dogs for dinner. He said no, so I asked him what I should cook for dinner. He wants corndogs. I don't know if he's getting hot dogs or the planned for spaghetti I was going to do, but I'm not eating corndogs for dinner.
    Image result for spaghetti with hot dogs
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Griffin said:
    Image result for spaghetti with hot dogs

I'm sure Duke would eat it, but I'm not going to . LOL

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings