Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

National Hot Dog Day

Options
13»

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    no bourbon for me mid week. as luck would have it working in a boiler shop, beers were always called hotdogs at lunch time =) so went out for a few hotdogs
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    Options
  • fishlessman
    Options
    glad he is there.....keep him there, keep him there
    fukahwee maine

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Being on a diet, I chose to omit vs eating a chicken hot dog. You have no idea how bad I wanted to participate.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • fishlessman
    Options
    Being on a diet, I chose to omit vs eating a chicken hot dog. You have no idea how bad I wanted to participate.
    a few years ago i did the octoberfest diet and lost over 20 in a month. basically 2 beers and 2 sausages 3 times a day =)the turkey and chicken dogs are usually high in salt,  there is an organic lean grassfed beef hotdog out there around a 100 calories and lower salt, bet it would be good in a baconless sonoran hotdog....beans, onions, pico de gallo, avacado/ guac, lime, cilantro, just a little crema
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    Options
    @northGAcock  doesnt look the healthiest but the bp and cholesterol go down =)

fukahwee maine

• StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,748
    Options
    smokingal said:
    Almost had to pull an audible when the skies opened up, but the rain passed quickly.  I used some dry aged hot dogs and dry aged ground beef from Porter Road to make these Olneyville System weiners.  Since @Griffin teased me about not smoking my cheese sauce the last time I made a dog post, I smoked that too.  Made some triple cooked, duck fat & beef tallow cheese fries to go along with the dogs.  I used hickory for the cook.

The dogs hit the spot but those luxuriously flavorful, super crunchy and cheese drenched fries really made the meal.
    My lord that looks fantastic. Definitely holiday worthy, times 10.
    Stillwater, MN
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    @smokingal in case there was any doubt, you won national hot dog day 2019.

I concur!!

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• XC242
    XC242 Posts: 1,208
    Options
    A couple days late but here are some quarter pound all beef dogs. Except for the one I added some pork too.

LBGE (still waitin' for my free T-Shirt), DIgiQ DX2 (In Blue, cause it's the fastest), Heavy Duty Kick Ash Basket, Mc Farland, WI. :glasses:  B)
    If it wasn't for my BGE I'd have no use for my backyard...
  • smokingal
    smokingal Posts: 1,025
    edited July 2019
    Options
    smokingal said:
    @Carolina Q  Oversized and split top.  Very nice indeed.  I'm taking the chili route myself.
    Okay, chili's done. Pink's recipe with a little less flour and a little more stock. I used chicken stock, not beef, as always.

Gonna be a dog, yellow mustard, onion and Pink's chili. Pretty much a Coney dog. The chili is EXCELLENT!!!

@Carolina Q How did your dogs turn out?
    It's "Smokin Gal", not "Smoking Al".
    Egging in the Atlanta GA region
    Large BGE, CGS setup, Kick Ash Basket, Smokeware SS Cap,
    Arteflame grill grate

http://barbecueaddict.com
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    Timely quote from the Salt Lake City Weekly
    Noblest of all Dogs is the Hot Dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
    - Laurence Johnston Peter

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    smokingal said:
    smokingal said:
    @Carolina Q  Oversized and split top.  Very nice indeed.  I'm taking the chili route myself.
    Okay, chili's done. Pink's recipe with a little less flour and a little more stock. I used chicken stock, not beef, as always.

Gonna be a dog, yellow mustard, onion and Pink's chili. Pretty much a Coney dog. The chili is EXCELLENT!!!

@Carolina Q How did your dogs turn out?
    Delayed. I got sidetracked and the dog wound up almost as overcooked as Mickey's wings. Not quite as bad as I did eat it, but it pretty much sucked. A day later, tried again and round two was much better. Pink's chili was definitely the star of the show!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut