Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Music are you listining to right now

Options

Comments

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    @northGAcock How was the show last night? I'm going tonight. 
    Fantasist IV set list last night. Strong show on all fronts. Have a great show
    I have no bloody idea what a Fantasist IV was. @GATraveller......how was the show?
    I was a bit puzzled by that as well.  :)
    Show as incredible......especially the second set.  WOW.  Such a good time!  

Yeah.....that’s a good band right there. Set list too. 
    I swear Bob started crying singing "Standing on the Moon".  
    He is a Jerry fan too. He was looking a bit feeble on Friday night (I thought).  I know he is fit and works out a crazy routine. Hope he is ok. Voice was strong though. 
    Look what just popped up on my feed.  As good as I remembered it!!
    https://youtu.be/-oqPbIqWQ14
    Watched it....and enjoyed. Wish I could get out to Boulder to see the show rap up. Will be at Saturday Tedeschi Trucks Show with Blackberry Smoke. Will have to suffice but will be a solid consolation. Have a great week. 
    Just got tickets to see TTB at the Fox Aug.2nd.  Can't wait.
    I have an extra ticket for Greenville on Friday if I interested.
    That's an amazingly tempting offer brother but I already have plans. I'd take you up on it if there was any way to skip out. I look forward to a time when we can get together @saluki2007 as well

https://youtu.be/6sFyRQPraJ8

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options

Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• TigerTony
    TigerTony Posts: 1,078
    edited July 2019
    Options
    https://youtu.be/hAHjM6a9fYA
    This is one incredible rock version of a country classic.
    Check it out it's Awesome!
    "I'm stupidest when I try to be funny" 
    New Orleans

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    George!

Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• GATraveller
    Options

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • YEMTrey
    edited July 2019
    Options
    That whole stretch in '77 is the best Dead there possibly is.

The Cornell Morning Dew is amazing.
    Steve 

• saluki2007
    Options
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    I just like to hear his voice. 

• GATraveller
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Hot Tuna - Water Song '73

https://youtu.be/AOOQ1woZWQY

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    edited July 2019
    Options
    This will be of interest to the musicians here, I know there's a few of us.  Rick Beato just recently "dissected" Boston's first hit, More than a Feeling.  This song has been in the background of my entire adult life, and it still gives me chills; yet, Rick showed a bunch of details that I've missed, certainly helps to have access to the original master tapes!  Wow.  Just, Wow!!

https://youtu.be/ynFNt4tgBJ0

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Toad the wet sprocket
    Big Head Todd and the Monsters
    Fůck yeah
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YEMTrey
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Toad the wet sprocket
    Big Head Todd and the Monsters
    Fůck yeah
    Oh yeah.  That's a great night of tunes right there!
    Steve 

• saluki2007
    Options
  • YEMTrey
    Options

Steve 

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    Georgia Satellites found their way into my head:

https://youtu.be/RxTLUabOGJA

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • YukonRon
    edited July 2019
    Options
    https://youtu.be/8pUE7zJB704

If you have not seen him live, you need to. Suzy and I caught him last night at the Ryman. He opened for Jonny Lang. Most incredible evening, the crowd was emotionally spent, leaving only about 750 people to catch Lang. 

Most musicians will tell you what a fabulous honor it is to play the Ryman, and will tell you the pressure of sharing the stage with some of the worlds most influential musicians that came before them. They will tell you how important it is to honor them with their best.

There was zero shame, in his game. He did everyone before him, very proud. The old timers at the show, the regulars, all said this was amongst the best they had ever seen.

If there ever was a stage and an artist that were met for one another, the Ryman, with JJGrey and MoFro was it. It was like blues came from an evangelist mixed with James Brown.

He played a short set, being a country Florida boy, mixed funk, rock, blues and soul in a very southern and very unique style.

It reminded me of the traveling revivals, except it was indoors, sitting in a historic church turned into a historic stage. His music reached down to the grittiest part of your soul, and those beside you. There were many misty eyes in the audience.

I have never been part of an event such as this, it was the topic throughout Nashville afterwards and all day Saturday.

I really felt bad for Lang. He perhaps put on the best show I had ever seen from him, and Suzy and I have seen him dozens of times.

15 minutes into his set, 2/3 of the crowd was gone. Not because Lang was not his usual great virtuoso, he was awesome. It was just that the rest of the folks were so blown away by JJ Grey. They had nothing left to give.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,677
    edited July 2019
    Options

I really felt bad for Lang. He perhaps put on the best show I had ever seen from him, and Suzy and I have seen him dozens of times.

15 minutes into his set, 2/3 of the crowd was gone. Not because Lang was not his usual great virtuoso, he was awesome. It was just that the rest of the folks were so blown away by JJ Grey. They had nothing left to give.

I watched the video before reading the text. I had already reached the conclusion that he was better than Lang.
    Lang came from the generation that was purported to be the next big thing.

Thanks for turning me on to this new talent.
  • YEMTrey
    Options

Steve 

• YukonRon
    Options
    GregW said:

I watched the video before reading the text. I had already reached the conclusion that he was better than Lang.
    Lang came from the generation that was purported to be the next big thing.

Thanks for turning me on to this new talent.
    No problem, we are going to drive up to Cincinnati and catch them again August 8
    I have seen this group about 6 times in the last 12 months.
    Worth it too.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • The_Stache
    The_Stache Posts: 1,153
    Options
    YukonRon said:

If you have not seen him live, you need to. Suzy and I caught him last night at the Ryman. He opened for Jonny Lang. Most incredible evening, the crowd was emotionally spent, leaving only about 750 people to catch Lang. 

Most musicians will tell you what a fabulous honor it is to play the Ryman, and will tell you the pressure of sharing the stage with some of the worlds most influential musicians that came before them. They will tell you how important it is to honor them with their best.

There was zero shame, in his game. He did everyone before him, very proud. The old timers at the show, the regulars, all said this was amongst the best they had ever seen.

If there ever was a stage and an artist that were met for one another, the Ryman, with JJGrey and MoFro was it. It was like blues came from an evangelist mixed with James Brown.

He played a short set, being a country Florida boy, mixed funk, rock, blues and soul in a very southern and very unique style.

It reminded me of the traveling revivals, except it was indoors, sitting in a historic church turned into a historic stage. His music reached down to the grittiest part of your soul, and those beside you. There were many misty eyes in the audience.

I have never been part of an event such as this, it was the topic throughout Nashville afterwards and all day Saturday.

Thanks Ron... a new artist to me but goin' to be looking into more of what JJ Grey has to offer..
    Kirkland, TN
    2 LBGE, 1 MM

• YukonRon
    Options
    YukonRon said:

Thanks Ron... a new artist to me but goin' to be looking into more of what JJ Grey has to offer..
    He has been around a while. I caught up with him in Atlanta around the late 90's, maybe early 2000's. He had a thing going on then, mostly local festivals and a couple of openings for the opening acts of a multi band show.

Saw his group a few times, and they just kept getting better. Caught up with him again after relocating to Louisville, he did a studio session with the NPR station here in town (WFPK, listener supported broadcasts).

That night he did Waterfront Wednesday, and we worked his booth for him. That show, I think, got the word out. He sells out every venue he plays around here, and it seems he prefers the smaller intimate settings.

The largest crowd I had been in to catch his performance was at Bourbon and Beyond, last year. Lot of A' performers at that show, but his crowd, was by far, the largest when he was on stage. Impressive because it was raining so hard, you were standing in sloppy mud up to your ankles.

The guy is multi talented, can play any instrument, and works as hard as James Brown. The only song I have ever heard him cover is John Anderson's 1994 hit, "Seminole Wind", and being a back country Florida boy, it is more about the anthem tribute to his home, than the cover. He does it in a very bluesy rocking manner. He has yet to record it, but if he does, the royalties, will keep Mr J. Anderson happy in retirement, and likely get JJ Grey abd MoFro a nicer tour bus.

Suzy and I are thinking on heading up to Cincinnati to catch him up there on August 8. It is a Thursday night up and back, couple hours each way.

Lucky to live in Louisville for a fan of live music. We have several great towns around us within driving distance to catch shows. (Indy, Nashville, Cincinnati, Lexington. All are just a couple hours or less, St Louis and Chicago are doable as well.)

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    YukonRon said:

He has been around a while. I caught up with him in Atlanta around the late 90's, maybe early 2000's. He had a thing going on then, mostly local festivals and a couple of openings for the opening acts of a multi band show.

Saw his group a few times, and they just kept getting better. Caught up with him again after relocating to Louisville, he did a studio session with the NPR station here in town (WFPK, listener supported broadcasts).

That night he did Waterfront Wednesday, and we worked his booth for him. That show, I think, got the word out. He sells out every venue he plays around here, and it seems he prefers the smaller intimate settings.

The largest crowd I had been in to catch his performance was at Bourbon and Beyond, last year. Lot of A' performers at that show, but his crowd, was by far, the largest when he was on stage. Impressive because it was raining so hard, you were standing in sloppy mud up to your ankles.

The guy is multi talented, can play any instrument, and works as hard as James Brown. The only song I have ever heard him cover is John Anderson's 1994 hit, "Seminole Wind", and being a back country Florida boy, it is more about the anthem tribute to his home, than the cover. He does it in a very bluesy rocking manner. He has yet to record it, but if he does, the royalties, will keep Mr J. Anderson happy in retirement, and likely get JJ Grey abd MoFro a nicer tour bus.

Suzy and I are thinking on heading up to Cincinnati to catch him up there on August 8. It is a Thursday night up and back, couple hours each way.

Lucky to live in Louisville for a fan of live music. We have several great towns around us within driving distance to catch shows. (Indy, Nashville, Cincinnati, Lexington. All are just a couple hours or less, St Louis and Chicago are doable as well.)
    Rock / Blues on my brother.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow