Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Born to Egg the Group Facebook

Options
Hey Eggheads! Jump over to Facebook and join Born to Egg the Group! The vibe is awesome!😎

Comments

• cookingdude555
    cookingdude555 Posts: 3,194
    Options
    Don’t like public Facebook groups. My friends and family get notifications when I post bge stuff. There is a mini max page that is the same, I stopped posting there for that reason. I am active in the larger private bge groups. Big green egg bbqers has 68k members and is very active. I would assume many that have left this forum have filled it up. 
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    No Book o’ Faces for me. 
  • leemschu
    leemschu Posts: 609
    Options
    Facebook still exists?
    Dyersburg, TN
  • bikesAndBBQ
    bikesAndBBQ Posts: 284
    Options
    By vibe being awesome do you mean constant anger and political arguments? 
    Pittsburgh, PA. LBGE
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • HendersonTRKing
    HendersonTRKing Posts: 1,803
    Options
    7 posts and all recruiting?  Hmmm.
    It's a 302 thing . . .
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,345
    edited July 2019
    Options
    I find that I don't deal with the idiots well in a fb group.

#nofilter
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• bikesAndBBQ
    bikesAndBBQ Posts: 284
    Options
    This Facebook group is clearly run by the OP. At least say it is your group and you are looking to build a following on there and your YouTube channel. 
    Pittsburgh, PA. LBGE
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options
    I am not experienced enough to post on bge Facebook groups. My posts must be approved by mods until “they are comfortable that I know what I’m talking about”. 
    Do you blame them?

There's no telling where you might take the conversation.  Pig butchering.  Shady parking lot meat purchases.  Cooking in a dishwasher.  Need I say more?

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Born_to_EGG
    Options
    I get everyone's concerns. The reason I started this group was because of the other **** groups on FB. It's a private group...I'm the admin, and if bitching ensues they are gone. Worth a peak.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    I am not experienced enough to post on bge Facebook groups. My posts must be approved by mods until “they are comfortable that I know what I’m talking about”. 
    Do you blame them?

There's no telling where you might take the conversation.  Pig butchering.  Shady parking lot meat purchases.  Cooking in a dishwasher.  Need I say more?

Fair enough. But this was about someone needing simple help with a brisket question.  Since I had not posted a full brisket cook on the page the mod deleted my comments and messaged me telling me that all my suggestions needed to  be run through him first to make sure I was giving the correct advice. Apparently he did not like being told to f*ck off as I was quickly “uninvited” from the group. 
    Soo funny.  He couldn’t judge if your advice was on point or not?  Oh, wait, power trip thing.  Content irrelevant.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    Options
    Everyone wants their own little fiefdom with all of these FB groups.  I remember when BGCraig got kicked out of one of the main ones, then started his own called "TOP Big Green Eggers" or some such BS.  

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    Our local town "peeps" page is run by three people have police it constantly......they kick people out left and right if they say anything negative about a business/event they like.  So those folks go over to the "uncensored" version of the same page where they copy and paste all the posts, then make fun of the other page.

When it comes to the BGE, KJ, etc groups, one guy is running about two dozen of them.
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    I get everyone's concerns. The reason I started this group was because of the other **** groups on FB. It's a private group...I'm the admin, and if bitching ensues they are gone. Worth a peak.
    No one here is crapping on your page, it's more of the spammy post you made trying to get people over to it.  Get active on this board and build some street credit before you start to use it for referrals.  I just checked it out.....looks good!

BTW, I was just kidding above......I doubt anyone here is going to troll your group.  They do enough of that here to this one!!  Hahahaha
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Everyone wants their own little fiefdom with all of these FB groups.  I remember when BGCraig got kicked out of one of the main ones, then started his own called "TOP Big Green Eggers" or some such BS.  

and you got kicked out of that one too
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Theophan
    Theophan Posts: 2,654
    Options
    I tried FaceBook years ago, liked some things about it, miss some things about it, but overall, I hated it.  Left, shook its dust from my shoes, have never been back.
  • HendersonTRKing
    HendersonTRKing Posts: 1,803
    Options
    I get everyone's concerns. The reason I started this group was because of the other **** groups on FB. It's a private group...I'm the admin, and if bitching ensues they are gone. Worth a peak. [peek]
    Image result for grammar police meme
    It's a 302 thing . . .
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Theophan said:
    I tried FaceBook years ago, liked some things about it, miss some things about it, but overall, I hated it.  Left, shook its dust from my shoes, have never been back.
    Im basically on for my mom and sisters. I don’t even have it on my phone- just desktop and I look at it every few weeks.

My mom friended me again today. She has 12 accounts. She just forgets the password and starts all over every 6 months. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX