Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT Fathers Day show off thread

TEXASBGE2018
TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
edited June 2019 in EggHead Forum
Alright gents here’s where you can show off your Father’s Day scores. My kiddos did a phenomenal job I must say.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

Comments

• Flatfoot
    Flatfoot Posts: 96
    Way too cute!
    LBGE, MM, & Mini. Weber Smokey Joe for a knockabout. 
    "Honestly, Honey!  Just one more Egg, and one more gun, and I'll be done!"
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    caliking said:

When you get 3 and 4 mixed up... 

• dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Some artwork from my girls and some other stuff. Pretty excited for the Jefferson's.
    I recently finished off that Jefferson's Ocean.

Tasty stuff....enjoy!
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    @Foghorn Nice looking wrist accessory but being a bit slow how do you know the time w/o any numbers?? =)
    And regarding the rye, I can figure that out.
    Great score!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • hogfan412
    hogfan412 Posts: 75
    I used to use a looflighter.   It works good.   I switched to wax starter cubes a few years ago and haven't looked back.   The loofer is fun though.
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    Got a Tikka T1x from the wife and kids. I was pumped 

already screwed my can on, now for rings and a scope 

• Got what every parent hopes for today., the feeling you made a difference. I got a letter from my son thanking me for encouraging him and pushing him when he doubted himself. It was a good day.
    That is awesome. Gives me the dad feels. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    ColbyLang said:

Wow. They have good tastes in rifles. I'd like to hear your review on it if you get a chance. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,795
    We stayed out on the boat last night and received this text from my 20 yo son. Happy father’s day! (Dog is fine, carpet...not so much) 

It sounds to me like another night on the boat is in order.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,795
    lousubcap said:
    @Foghorn Nice looking wrist accessory but being a bit slow how do you know the time w/o any numbers?? =)
    And regarding the rye, I can figure that out.
    Great score!

@lousubcap, I'll just look at my phone.  DUH.  

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Fathers Day at the Flintstone cave.  Wilma didn’t know what to get me, so I bought this from eBay.  I had a cheap version when I was a kid and it was fun to play.  Anyway, my youngest proceeds to kick my a$$ with it.  Wilma and my eldest daughter slaughter me in gin.  I was a bit under the weather, so Wilma made mostaccioli.  Steak tomorrow.  Good times.
    Flint, Michigan
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    WeberWho said:
    ColbyLang said:

Wow. They have good tastes in rifles. I'd like to hear your review on it if you get a chance. 
    Will do. Been wanting a bolt action Rimfire. Gonna be super quiet with the suppressor on it. Figured my 4 year old son can start shooting it in the next year or so, something I’m really looking forward to 
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,230
    Lit said:

Clever!
    New Albany, Ohio 

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    So first, i need to provide a bit of history and a picture of Bat I. Got Bat 1 a few years back while stuck in Phoenix due to it being to hot to fly. It happened to be on a Fathers Day Sunday, and i had seen these many times in the Denver airport and wanted one, but it never seemed convenient on my return travel through there. So this was my opportunity and the same shop was located in the PHX airport. I purchased Bat I 
    This guy is great. So this year I asked for another one, whom i had only seen pictures of.....never in person. I did feel strongly that Bat I needed a female friend.....and well a little one (which aliens with Fathers Day. So my family got me Bat 2 this year. Haven't had a chance to hang him just yet, but will do so one evening this week while egging. 

As a follow on note....I did cook a pork roast and and my son joined us for our family dinner.

I hope all my egghead fathers had a great day yesterday.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    So first, i need to provide a bit of history and a picture of Bat I. Got Bat 1 a few years back while stuck in Phoenix due to it being to hot to fly. It happened to be on a Fathers Day Sunday, and i had seen these many times in the Denver airport and wanted one, but it never seemed convenient on my return travel through there. So this was my opportunity and the same shop was located in the PHX airport. I purchased Bat I 
    This guy is great. So this year I asked for another one, whom i had only seen pictures of.....never in person. I did feel strongly that Bat I needed a female friend.....and well a little one (which aliens with Fathers Day. So my family got me Bat 2 this year. Haven't had a chance to hang him just yet, but will do so one evening this week while egging. 

As a follow on note....I did cook a pork roast and and my son joined us for our family dinner.

I hope all my egghead fathers had a great day yesterday.
    Nice bats!