Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

National Bourbon Day

Options
Skiddymarker
Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
June 14th is national Bourbon Day, I would suggest you drink responsibly, but we all know that is not going to happen. 
Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!

Comments

• SandyHookEgger
    Options
    Blantons is very responsible.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,961
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Someone was kind enough to gift us a bottle of angel’s envy recently. I would like to say that I saved all of it for National Bourbon day but I can say I saved some of it for NBD :smiley:
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Skiddymarker
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Someone was kind enough to gift us a bottle of angel’s envy recently. I would like to say that I saved all of it for National Bourbon day but I can say I saved some of it for NBD :smiley:
    It’s the thought that counts, right? Good try. 

Have a bottle of Evan Williams white Label “bottled in bond” that I was saving, but the cork seems to have developed a leak. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    It’s the thought that counts, right? Good try. 

Have a bottle of Evan Williams white Label “bottled in bond” that I was saving, but the cork seems to have developed a leak. 
    It happens. 
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    Woodford for the win.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,332
    Options
    I just opened this thread to find that, for once in my life, I am responsible:
    The opening bourbon salvo (been a stick burner beer day so far):
    I will shift to a more pedestrian bourbon rocket fuel pour later this PM.  LEO for sure.
    Enjoy the day!

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ike
    Ike Posts: 291
    Options
    Smoked a turkey breast roast ala Aaron Franklin.  Got in on NBD when I started that.  Will be done before time runs out.
    Owensboro, KY.  First Eggin' 4/12/08.  Large, small, 22" Blackstone and lotsa goodies.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    You may need an intervention-NBD is reserved for National Brisket Day, brown water day has to be something else-just sayin!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    You may need an intervention-NBD is reserved for National Brisket Day, brown water day has to be something else-just sayin!
    So many holidays, not enough acronyms. 
  • CigarCityEgger
    CigarCityEgger Posts: 2,109
    Options
    I’m a sucker for holidays 

• pescadorzih
    pescadorzih Posts: 926
    Options
    Four Rose's small batch here
    SE PA
    XL, Lg, Mini max and OKJ offset
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Four Roses single barrel to kick off fathers weekend. Cheers.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    OK - I may be a day late to the bourbon party, but tonight I saw an ad for a bourbon I've never heard of and that made me research it a bit. Any body have an opinion about 10 year TinCup? 
    I enjoy smooth bourbon neat, but this bourbon sounds like it might have an after sip kicker.

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    ****, I'm gonna hit my stash as soon as I get home 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• littlerascal56
    littlerascal56 Posts: 2,104
    Options
    Wish I would have read this earlier.  Have been drinking beers in 19th hole after tournament today, so now I got to switch to bourbon!
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Enough with the problems, guys. You gotta focus on the solutions. 

I, for one, propose a harmonious, gluttonous and most glorious merger of the two - “National Bourbon and Brisket Day, or NBBD.” A day to be feared by most health care professionals.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Enough with the problems, guys. You gotta focus on the solutions. 

I, for one, propose a harmonious, gluttonous and most glorious merger of the two - “National Bourbon and Brisket Day, or NBBD.” A day to be feared by most health care professionals.
    @GrateEggspectations Full marks for rolling in when you just had a family addition.  Perhaps posting from the hospital?? 
    Here's a stop-gap, I know I could drink bourbon every day til we get NBBD on the calendar but I don't know if I could go that far with Brisket.  I have been known to give brisket quite a run and if the stakes were high enough and a finish-line in sight, who knows. 

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @lousubcap: Right you are, Cap! I’m locked into this uncomfortable chair while my wife sleeps in an adjacent bed for the next 24 hours or so. Something tells me I’ll be perusing the forum with some frequency. 🙂

Can’t quite imagine anyone being able to tolerate more brisket than you, given your enthusiasm! You’ll have to perform some benchmarking tests one day (as I’m sure you’ve previously done with the bourbon!). 😉
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    I hoped to sip something rare or exotic tonight but I didn't close any deals this week.

So my punishiment is Maker's Mark. So be it.
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    I am a dope- it was Eagle Rare. Not sure why I had Angels Envy on my mind. The Eagle Rare is really good. Been out of the Devil Water game for a while now (I love it but it does not love me) :smiley:
  • MikeDV
    MikeDV Posts: 17
    Options
    Blanton's Gold on this special occasion!
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    We call bourbon “The Brown Devil” in this household. How about NBDD (National Brown Devil Day) 
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    RRP said:
    OK - I may be a day late to the bourbon party, but tonight I saw an ad for a bourbon I've never heard of and that made me research it a bit. Any body have an opinion about 10 year TinCup? 
    I enjoy smooth bourbon neat, but this bourbon sounds like it might have an after sip kicker.

Tin cup is an easy drinker Ron. I’m not sure it is bourbon though. It strikes me as a rye. I easily could be wrong. Either way, it’s not a harsh pour IMO. 
  • Skiddymarker
    edited June 2019
    Options
    RRP said:

Tin cup is an easy drinker Ron. I’m not sure it is bourbon though. It strikes me as a rye. I easily could be wrong. Either way, it’s not a harsh pour IMO. 
    Tin Cup from Colorado, i think. It is in the US whisky section of our local government store and it is a rye corn blend as I recall. It is a smooth sipping liquor. And if you don’t like to drink out of the bottle, it does come with a tin cup cap you can use as a shot glass. 
  • TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Options
    "Tin Cup sounds a lot better than Clank".
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • SmokeyLopey
    SmokeyLopey Posts: 435
    Options
    Missed it. I'll have to make up for lost time today!
  • BUFFALOMOOSE
    BUFFALOMOOSE Posts: 373
    Options

South Buffalo, New York
  • BUFFALOMOOSE
    BUFFALOMOOSE Posts: 373
    Options
    Was at my barbers yesterday to celebrate
    South Buffalo, New York
  • MaxQ
    MaxQ Posts: 5
    Options
    MikeDV said:
    Blanton's Gold on this special occasion!
    It’s a battle to find Blanton in Mke.
    Blanton gold is just a dream!

Eagle Rare for me.... which is damn tasty