Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT Home made Brats on a Weber

Griffin
Griffin Posts: 8,200

I don't post much anymore because life just seems to keep me to busy. That and how many times are you going to post the same cooks over and over?

I haven't made sausage since before Duke was born so over 4.5 years. For some reason I got the itch to make some sausage last week so I dug out the grinder and the stuffer, went to Academy to get hogs casings and everything I needed to make some brats.

Made up 5 lbs of brats.

Another reason...excuse...for not posting as I've been doing a lot of grilling lately on a Weber I found on the curb down the street. Gasp...sacrilege!! It was in pretty good condition and I couldn't pass it up. All I had to do was buy a new grate for it. Brats going on along with some jalapeno cheese venison sausage.

Stuck it in a bun with some sauerkraut and mustard. Man did that hit the spot!!

And of course I didn't bring the recipe with me to work but I can get it if anybody is interested. Don't even remember the name of the book I got it out of either.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

Comments