Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2019 Rub & Sauce Exchange - Show Off Thread

blind99
blind99 Posts: 4,971
Packages are being assembled, and some are almost ready to ship...  This is the place to thank your elf and show off the goods!  
Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle

Comments

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,707
    Received my package yesterday from @booksw - made me realize I think I forgot to sign the one I sent (oops)!

@booksw did an awesome job with his local selections and everything arrived in great condition, minus the bag of chicharrones which were opened but still consumed. And the ginger cookies didn't last the evening either. He was kind enough to include a selection of local brews which are in the beer fridge getting properly chilled and will soon be enjoyed. I'm going to give the Soy Yay a whirl this weekend.

Thanks @booksw!

The Veri Veri is a great jerky marinade 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,286
    Hmm? According to the signature books is not male
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Good to hear that you got it. And all unbroken too. 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Received my package yesterday from @booksw - made me realize I think I forgot to sign the one I sent (oops)!

@booksw did an awesome job with his local selections and everything arrived in great condition, minus the bag of chicharrones which were opened but still consumed. And the ginger cookies didn't last the evening either. He was kind enough to include a selection of local brews which are in the beer fridge getting properly chilled and will soon be enjoyed. I'm going to give the Soy Yay a whirl this weekend.

Thanks @booksw!

Nice load right there.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    booksw said:
    @HoustonEgger I am so glad you got it!!  I also received my package today- thank you @Gulfcoastguy - I am really looking forward to using these rubs and sauces and perusing the wonderful recipes- the one for turkey legs look very interesting!

Strong work out of the gates. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • rowmsu
    rowmsu Posts: 58
    The worst part is waiting for either your package to be opened or yours to arrive. ahhhhhhh
    Washington, DC  

1- LBGE
  • booksw
    booksw Posts: 470
    rowmsu said:
    The worst part is waiting for either your package to be opened or yours to arrive. ahhhhhhh
    I so agree!! Last year the person I sent the package to was out of town so even though I THOUGHT it had arrived it took days for me to be sure. PLUS, the package that was sent to me was mangled enroute and at the end of the exchange the sender ended up creating and sending a NEW one (thank you so much for that!h So last year I was one of the last to hear about both the package I sent AND the package I received. As luck (?) would have it, this year I am literally first for BOTH. Weird (and great!)
    Charleston, SC

L/MiniMax Eggs
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    Will be sending mine out either tonight or tomorrow. 
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Gulfcoastguy
    It’s looking like I might be the third one. According to tracking my box is within 40 miles.
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Mine goes out tomorrow! Got the last items today 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    Shane, pm me with your phone number....need it to ship your case via Fed Ex
    Thanks
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Gulfcoastguy
    I just got a great package from Greedygoat. Unfortunately there was one casualty despite individual bubble wrapping. Was just out the door for the rest of the day when I saw it . It will probably be tomorrow before I post pics. Got to wipe stuff down and won’t be back before late tonight. Whatever it was really smelled of cumin which I like. The dog was licking up drips.
  • yzzi
    yzzi Posts: 1,843
    Sad I missed participating in this. I gotta hit this forum up more often
    Dunedin, FL
  • hogfan412
    hogfan412 Posts: 75
    So this morning I am cooking bacon on the blackstone alone in the world.   All of a sudden I sense another person in my garage with me.    It's the post lady carrying a box and struggling.   She put it down and I began unboxing it.   Score!!!!!!   Thanks a million, looking forward to trying some of this great looking stuff.   They only familiar thing in it is Old Bay and we love that and can not get it in a big container here.   Thanks thanks.
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    @yzzi There may be others who still want to participate; shoot me a note if you (or anyone else) is still interested.
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Okay here is what Greedy Goat sent me.Absolutely everything is new to me and I will have to put some thought into how I am going to try it out.
  • yzzi
    yzzi Posts: 1,843
    That Everglades seasoning is good stuff! @Greedygoat where’d you find that cigar city smoked jalapeño sauce at?
    Dunedin, FL
  • rowmsu
    rowmsu Posts: 58
    hogfan412 said:
    So this morning I am cooking bacon on the blackstone alone in the world.   All of a sudden I sense another person in my garage with me.    It's the post lady carrying a box and struggling.   She put it down and I began unboxing it.   Score!!!!!!   Thanks a million, looking forward to trying some of this great looking stuff.   They only familiar thing in it is Old Bay and we love that and can not get it in a big container here.   Thanks thanks.
    I am glad it arrived safe. I realized after I shipped it that I was so excited I forgot to put my letter in the package. Hope you enjoy. 
    Washington, DC  

1- LBGE
  • milesvdustin
    That iguana gold hot sauce is really good, I buy it anytime I see it 

• JKellar
    JKellar Posts: 91
    @hogfan412 What a really great box.  Thank you so much!  I have been away a lot but have had the chance to try some of the Strawberry's seasoning on some chicken and it was great!  Everything arrived safe and sound and I can't wait to try the rest.  Take care!

• Tspud1
    Tspud1 Posts: 1,486
    Got my box a few days ago but busy fighting Mississippi river flooding in my buildings. Egghead in Texas must have robbed a BBQ joint and sent their inventory to me. I dont have their name to properly thank them but its Going to take a while to get thru this haul. Thanks Nick at Southside Market & BBQ
  • hogfan412
    hogfan412 Posts: 75
    JKellar said:
    @hogfan412 What a really great box.  Thank you so much!  I have been away a lot but have had the chance to try some of the Strawberry's seasoning on some chicken and it was great!  Everything arrived safe and sound and I can't wait to try the rest.  Take care!

Glad it got to you.   Get you some chops and cook them with the Strawberrys.  Your elcome.    Best stuff ever dude.   When you need more, let me know.   Text me and I'll send it your way, don't pay the online prices.
  • HoustonEgger
    HoustonEgger Posts: 616
    Tspud1 said:
    Got my box a few days ago but busy fighting Mississippi river flooding in my buildings. Egghead in Texas must have robbed a BBQ joint and sent their inventory to me. I dont have their name to properly thank them but its Going to take a while to get thru this haul. Thanks Nick at Southside Market & BBQ
    Glad it all arrived despite the flooding you are enduring there! Enjoy
    Formerly of Houston, TX - Now Located in Bastrop, TX
    I work in the 'que business now (since 2017)

6 Eggs: (1) XL, (2) Large, (1) Small, (1) Minimax & (1) Mini - Egging since 2007
    Also recently gained: (1) Gas Thing (came with the house), (1) 36" Blackstone Griddle & (1) Pitts & Spitts Pellet Smoker
  • I know I am a little late, but going to try and ship mine out today.  
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • milesvdustin
    I have to get bubble wrap today then mail it off