Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2019 Rub & Sauce Exchange - Show Off Thread

Options

Comments

• rowmsu
    rowmsu Posts: 58
    Options
    @SmokeyLopey Man i had the Honey suckle on some chicken the other day. That was eggscellant. Sous vide the chicken and then seared off on the egg. Yum.

Washington, DC  

1- LBGE
  • SmokeyLopey
    SmokeyLopey Posts: 435
    Options
    rowmsu said:
    @SmokeyLopey Man i had the Honey suckle on some chicken the other day. That was eggscellant. Sous vide the chicken and then seared off on the egg. Yum.

Glad you enjoyed it! 
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,767
    Options
    seems a bit shy on the show off---think there was 18ish
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    That's what I was thinking.  UPS tracking shows that the box I sent has been delivered but I haven't heard or seen anything yet.  Hope everything was OK.  

Little Rock, AR

• lkapigian
    Options
    That's what I was thinking.  UPS tracking shows that the box I sent has been delivered but I haven't heard or seen anything yet.  Hope everything was OK.  
    yup, mine was delivered a week ago, confirmed they received ....either it was a bad gift or the box was empty  =)
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    Kinda sounds like maybe our boxes just sucked.  

Little Rock, AR

• lkapigian
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Kinda sounds like maybe our boxes just sucked.  
    Ha Ha, but our Wings Didn't 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • lkapigian
    Options
    ^^^^^^^^^^Like the smoked sea salt^^^^^^^^^^^
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    Nice package right there.  Ok, now I'm thinking maybe my box I sent really did suck after seeing that one.  

Little Rock, AR

• Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    Nice package right there.  Ok, now I'm thinking maybe my box I sent really did suck after seeing that one.  
    #MeToo  I should apologize to @lkapigian lol
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • lkapigian
    Options
    #MeToo  I should apologize to @lkapigian lol
    heck no, you hooked me up!
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • lkapigian
    Options
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Biggreenpharmacist Posts: 4,341
    edited June 2019
    Options
    I’ve been worried to death you didnt get it. I had it fixed and ready to go out two weeks ago but the box got put in the garage, one of the labs escaped from his kennel in the garage and he got ahold to most of the box. Pretty damn devastating. Had to start over. Lol

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wideopeneats.com/mayhaw-fruit/amp/

Little Rock, AR

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    The Motherlode has arrived in The 302 from Arkansas!!!  Many thanks to @Biggreenpharmacist — you absolutely killed it!  

What an awesome assortment of sauces and rubs, mostly from Arkansas. Mayhaw Jelly!?! I don’t even know what a mayhaw is, but Imma find out!  The only things in this huge box I knew of were Cavenders (didn’t know it was made in Arkansas, but love it!) and Slap Ya Mama (Louisiana, and also love it!). The rest is new to me and I can’t wait to get into it!  I’m sure that McClard’s is great. So much local, small batch goodness!!

I got sent some of the Strawberries stuff a couple years ago. Might be one of the best rubs "no one has never heard of". 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    Yeah I really like that strawberry’s rub. I always have that one on hand. Pretty good “go to” all purpose rub. 

Little Rock, AR

• milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    Tracking shows my recipient got the box today, hope it made it intact! 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• Greedygoat
    Greedygoat Posts: 134
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    seems a bit shy on the show off---think there was 18ish
    Can't show off what I haven't received =)
    XL and a Mini-Max.
    Boca Raton, FL
  • HendersonTRKing
    HendersonTRKing Posts: 1,803
    Options
    I’ve been worried to death you didnt get it. I had it fixed and ready to go out two weeks ago but the box got put in the garage, one of the labs escaped from his kennel in the garage and he got ahold to most of the box. Pretty damn devastating. Had to start over. Lol

It actually arrived on Monday, but I worked really late, The Queen was out of town, The Princess doesn't bring in any mail that's not in an Amazon box with her name on it, and The Prince doesn't bring in any mail, period.  I went on Elfster yesterday and saw that you'd sent me a tracking number and when I ran it I was glad to know it was sitting outside my front door.  Other than a cracked cap on the Woody's bbq sauce, it all arrived safely -- that's a testament to the fine packing job you did.  

I'm thinking I'd use the mayhaw jelly (and maybe the jalapeno jelly) to glaze a rack of ribs or chicken thighs that I've rubbed and smoked first with that strawberry rub.  I've been using peach preserves cut with cider vinegar with great results, so this strikes me as right up the same alley.  But, then again, I'm a Damn Yankee, so I'm just learning about this mayhaw stuff.  

Many thx again for Christmas & Hanukkah in June!!  SWMBO's going to make me take it all off the kitchen island soon, but I can promise you it'll all go to good use.  
    It's a 302 thing . . .
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    Noob exchange is 100% complete.  Good job guys! Main exchange is a bit over half complete.
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Some strong packages coming in.  :bow:
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Biggreenpharmacist Posts: 4,341
    edited June 2019
    Options

It actually arrived on Monday, but I worked really late, The Queen was out of town, The Princess doesn't bring in any mail that's not in an Amazon box with her name on it, and The Prince doesn't bring in any mail, period.  I went on Elfster yesterday and saw that you'd sent me a tracking number and when I ran it I was glad to know it was sitting outside my front door.  Other than a cracked cap on the Woody's bbq sauce, it all arrived safely -- that's a testament to the fine packing job you did.  

I'm thinking I'd use the mayhaw jelly (and maybe the jalapeno jelly) to glaze a rack of ribs or chicken thighs that I've rubbed and smoked first with that strawberry rub.  I've been using peach preserves cut with cider vinegar with great results, so this strikes me as right up the same alley.  But, then again, I'm a Damn Yankee, so I'm just learning about this mayhaw stuff.  

Many thx again for Christmas & Hanukkah in June!!  SWMBO's going to make me take it all off the kitchen island soon, but I can promise you it'll all go to good use.  
    The mayhaw jelly is really good for anything. Its great for breakfast on buttered toast or biscuits. I use my homemade jalapeno jelly for a glaze all the time. I also use it when I do pork belly burnt ends. Good stuff. I hope you like everything and if you find one you just really like let me know and I can send you some more. Mrs pharm packed the box so she gets credit for that. 

Little Rock, AR

• HendersonTRKing
    HendersonTRKing Posts: 1,803
    Options
    Eagerly anticipating show off pix from other participants. Where dem pix at??
    It's a 302 thing . . .
  • Plutonium
    Plutonium Posts: 230
    Options
    Plutonium said:
    Big thanks to @HendersonTRKing ! Amazing exchange package was delivered and everything survived. Excellent assortment of goods here and I’m looking forward to trying all of it!

Also I forgot to mention @HendersonTRKing put together a pretty detailed greeting letter, 4-pages typed! I enjoyed reading about the products and such. Thanks again!
    Albuquerque, NM - LBGE and an old rusted gasser that I use for accessory storage.

• milesvdustin
    Options
    @YettiLuke I forgot to mention, the Cairo bbq sauce is killer on grilled chicken, my favorite use for it 

• blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    Man there is some good looking stuff in those boxes!  
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    I think it all looks killer....congrats to the recievers....and a job, very well done, by the senders.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • milesvdustin
    Options
    I used the Everglades hot that @nolenut19 sent me on some chicken last night, it was legit!