Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Had some rather awesome weather today.
    Winston agreed:

Had a beer this afternoon, because why not?

Grilled some boneless skinless chicken breasts on the Hasty Bake:

Big Guy had a baseball game tonight, ended early due to a thunderstorm, but they won.

Weekends are too short.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Did y’all get into the 50’s?
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    bgebrent said:
    Did y’all get into the 50’s?
    84* this afternoon.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    Army Beat Navy for the Patriot League Championship and a trip to the NCAA Regionals. 

=======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    DMW said:
    Had some rather awesome weather today.
    Winston agreed:

Cute dog.
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Botch said:
    WeberWho said:
    I asked my wife what she wanted for a gift. Her response, "Will you clean my car?" She knows how I clean my vehicles. It's way more than her running a vacuum through it and calling it good. 

Here I am 7 hours later and still not finished. The seats and carpet are vacuumed and shampooed. Windows, console, and dash tomorrow. Why couldn't she have just asked for a necklace or some earrings! ;)

Mmm-'kay, you remove the front seats when you clean a vehicle?

You win.   :s

EDIT:  And now that I see your level of intensity, how DO you clean windows?  Dad taught me to use Windex and crumpled-up newsprint, which is abrasive and really cuts thru the film but I always see missed spots as I'm driving into the sun.  Suggestions?  
    I did my wife's car last week, had to take all the seats out, it was gross. 

For windows I use the invisible glass spray and diamond weave microfiber towels. They dont leave any fibers behind and are good for scrubbing any gunk off the glass. 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    thetrim said:
    Army Beat Navy for the Patriot League Championship and a trip to the NCAA Regionals. 

It looks like Navy is the whipping boy for Army!  =)

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Bridget just called me, she is heading to a massage appointment and was on the Crescent City Connection Bridge - big bridge that connects the east and west banks of New Orleans. 

Dude jumped off from the top of the bridge.   190 feet to the water.

She called 911.  Took a minute and a half to answer.  They transferred her to state police.  Another minute and a quarter hold.

Not that it's an emergency at the point.  Hitting the water from that height is like hitting concrete.

I hope the massage helps.
    WeberWho said:
    Botch said:
    WeberWho said:
    I asked my wife what she wanted for a gift. Her response, "Will you clean my car?" She knows how I clean my vehicles. It's way more than her running a vacuum through it and calling it good. 

Here I am 7 hours later and still not finished. The seats and carpet are vacuumed and shampooed. Windows, console, and dash tomorrow. Why couldn't she have just asked for a necklace or some earrings! ;)

EDIT:  And now that I see your level of intensity, how DO you clean windows?  Dad taught me to use Windex and crumpled-up newsprint, which is abrasive and really cuts thru the film but I always see missed spots as I'm driving into the sun.  Suggestions?  
    I'm far from a professional. Windex and paper towels here. We use Windex and coffee filters for our glass tables inside the house. That will give you a streak free finish. That's a lot of coffee filters for a vehicle though. 

The Weathertechs do a descent job collecting most stuff. It's the damn dog hair that gets everywhere. The seats take under 10 minutes to remove with an impact wrench and disconnecting wires. It makes removing dog hair and shampooing the seats a million times easier. 

Edit: Just make sure you have a OBD scanner if taking your seats out. It might pull up a code and light up your dash with an airbag warning. The OBD scaner is a good tool to have if you don't have one. Just a heads up for anyone who takes out their seats for some reason or another. 
    Disconnect the battery. It is possible to set off SRS ETR's when disconecting them. That will ruin your day. I make lot's of $$$ on body shops that ignore this advice.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    WeberWho said:
    Botch said:
    WeberWho said:

I'm far from a professional. Windex and paper towels here. We use Windex and coffee filters for our glass tables inside the house. That will give you a streak free finish. That's a lot of coffee filters for a vehicle though. 

The Weathertechs do a descent job collecting most stuff. It's the damn dog hair that gets everywhere. The seats take under 10 minutes to remove with an impact wrench and disconnecting wires. It makes removing dog hair and shampooing the seats a million times easier. 

Edit: Just make sure you have a OBD scanner if taking your seats out. It might pull up a code and light up your dash with an airbag warning. The OBD scaner is a good tool to have if you don't have one. Just a heads up for anyone who takes out their seats for some reason or another. 
    Disconnect the battery. It is possible to set off SRS ETR's when disconecting them. That will ruin your day. I make lot's of $$$ on body shops that ignore this advice.
    That wouldn't have been very fun. I should have done that as a precaution from the very start. I appreciate the nudge. Thanks!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Just installed a trailer hitch receiver on my Subaru 
    I have done an Outback (moderate on the complex) and more recently on my Crosstrek. The Crosstrek was a MF....especially with no help. Hope yours went well. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,338
    @nolaegghead I was the first arriving where a pedestrian got hit by drunk driver. He had no chance. The person that called it in was a bicyclist out on his morning ride. He saw something horrific that morning that he could not have been prepared to see. 

I don't know you or her, but please keep up with her emotional/ mental state (as I'm sure you already are). Traumas are a b!tch.
    Las Vegas, NV

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,597
    edited May 2019

I think my egg egg has tape worms 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    Looks like it’s going to be a rough night in the Midwest. Stay safe everyone. 
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Just installed a trailer hitch receiver on my Subaru 
    I have done an Outback (moderate on the complex) and more recently on my Crosstrek. The Crosstrek was a MF....especially with no help. Hope yours went well. 
    Start to finish in just under an hour, I did the one like the factory that bolts where the bumper beam is. I was able to cut the bottom fascia so I retained the original clip under there 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Hug her well tonight @nolaegghead   Hearing about death and seeing it are two different things. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • nolaegghead
    She is fine.  She sees plenty of death at her job.  It's never pretty, but inevitable on a cardiac unit.
    That is unfortunate she had to witness that. Sorry Carey.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Cindy found a larger food processor on let go ($15). Anyhow, I've been getting friendly reminders from friends that they were out or about out of fire roasted salsa.  We did a double batch this afternoon to calm the natives.  Once again a huge thanks to @westernbbq for this!

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• nolaegghead
    Prime ribeyes.  Cooked them very low for about 15 minutes until 115F, then cranked up the heat and seared.   About 123F internal at the finish.  Like buttah.
    @nolaegghead ate Costco steaks. May he RIP.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,338
    Trying to figure out how much my insurance is about to go up. Wife is taking the two oldest to get their DL permits. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Trying to figure out how much my insurance is about to go up. Wife is taking the two oldest to get their DL permits. 
    I remember that day. Go get a good bottle,it's gonna hurt.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • Sitting here at discount tire wishing I owned a franchise. Sheesh. Doesn’t matter what time of day you come here it’s always stupid busy. Oh and just had wife’s car appraised by State Farm after hail storm last month. 10k in damages. Fun times.

Midland, TX XLBGE