Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options

At the airport and going on a trip. What is the consensus on a separate “OT” but food centric thread for this trip? Yay or nay?

--------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,191
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:

At the airport and going on a trip. What is the consensus on a separate “OT” but food centric thread for this trip? Yay or nay?

Nothing to lose. Better than most of the pointless crap posted these days. Post on and safe travels. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:

Nothing to lose. Better than most of the pointless crap posted these days. Post on and safe travels. 
    Better than "Happy Festivus" or "Happy Boxing Day"?  Blasphemous.
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:

Heading there mid June.  Post away!  I’ll be following closely. Planning things now. 
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,541
    Options

Now we know your hiding place...
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Valley Baseball tourny

Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:

What? Have you had the Zaxby’s Zaxvillian chicken sandwich yet? That’s a quality string right there. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
    Sitting here in kind of awe/disbelief/and admittedly slight amusement.

..I have a technician that's always had a her shite dont stink attitude..she's turned in her notice, let her lease on her apartment go to move 2 hours away to be with the love of her life.....except
    Well last night she went out on the town with one of her exes..and the fiancee caught her cheating....now she has no place to live and an already signed contract with the new employer in a different town with no friends there...and she's awkwardly silent for once...

Just thinking how weird the game of love is....
    And I feel sorry for the dude.... he wasn't a skitty guy either. 
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    DuckDogDr said:
    Sitting here in kind of awe/disbelief/and admittedly slight amusement.

..I have a technician that's always had a her shite dont stink attitude..she's turned in her notice, let her lease on her apartment go to move 2 hours away to be with the love of her life.....except
    Well last night she went out on the town with one of her exes..and the fiancee caught her cheating....now she has no place to live and an already signed contract with the new employer in a different town with no friends there...and she's awkwardly silent for once...

Just thinking how weird the game of love is....
    And I feel sorry for the dude.... he wasn't a skitty guy either. 

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,492
    Options
    @Botch how do you know no one calls you if you never answer your damn phone?
    I've had my answering machine turned on for the last 40 days or so, whilst I was out feeding orphans and clothing the naked.  I'll check tomorrow to make sure they're still working (the answering machine, not the naked).  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,492
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:

Yay!  I want to learn more about spanish foods.

And (not picking on you specifically, @Sea2Ski), advertising when you're going overseas, over the intranetz, isn't the best thing to do...  ;)

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• DoubleEgger
    Options
    Glad to see quality programming from Georgia Public Television 

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    edited May 2019
    Options

Even if one does not like mud-bugs.....they make a gawjus picture. Great feast right there.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    Trying to start my tractor. Piece of junk 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    Glad to see quality programming from Georgia Public Television 

Funny.
    Quite likely that show is just renting studio time from the public tv system. Our local PBS system does the same thing - only makes sense to hire out production facilities that aren't used 24/7.
    Or does your local PBS station actually broadcast that show on its system?
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• DoubleEgger
    Options

• WeberWho
    Options

I've been helping out over at the local community college with a small engine class. They shoot brake cleaner in the carbs to turn over the engines. Must be cheaper or have a ton of it. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • DoubleEgger
    edited May 2019
    Options
    WeberWho said:

I've been helping out over at the local community college with a small engine class. They shoot brake cleaner in the carbs to turn over the engines. Must be cheaper or have a ton of it. 
    Yeah that’s an old shade tree mechanic trick. The problem is that brake cleaner is a solvent and will pull the oil off of the wall of the combustion chamber. This will give you a dry start. No bueno. They really shouldn’t be teaching folks the wrong way to do something. 
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    WeberWho said:

Fire Marshall and OSHA would shut us down if we used flammable brake clean.  
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    thetrim said:

18lbs of IBP Prime brisket

10lbs of chicken wings

5 lbs of prime spinalis 

I love my new meat guy in Tampa

Parking lot? 
  • WeberWho
    edited May 2019
    Options

WeberWho said:

Yeah that’s an old shade tree mechanic trick. The problem is that brake cleaner is a solvent and will pull the oil off of the wall of the combustion chamber. This will give you a dry start. No bueno. They really shouldn’t be teaching folks the wrong way to do something. 
    It's all donated engines or scraped motors from the community. Kids need to tear down the motor and put it back together. A shot of brake cleaner to prove it will turn over when completed. That's interesting about pulling oil off the wall. 

Minnesota
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Not quite, @DoubleEgger, but spinalis is hard enough to find around here, that I would probably buy it from the back of a pick up, if I had to.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95