Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My blue star range is being installed today

Options
Thatgrimguy
Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729

XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum

Comments

• JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,540
    Options
    Wow!!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Leopoldstoch
    Leopoldstoch Posts: 1,182
    Options
    Wow!!!
    What he said! Well done!!!

Brandon - Ohio

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    What, no clock?  =)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,761
    Options
  • Thatgrimguy
    Options
    What should I cook first?
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Theophan
    Theophan Posts: 2,654
    Options
    Wow!  And I mean WOW!!!  That is one seriously cool cook space!  Deliriously jealous!  :)
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    That is CRAZY AWESOME!
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • HarrisFrampton
    Options
    That is awesome!
    Wimberley,TX
    X-Large,Large, Medium and Small
    17" and 28" Blackstones
  • Thatgrimguy
    Options
    Make some Kraft mac and cheese with cut up boiled hot dogs. 
    I said exactly the same thing! My wife said no
  • yellowdogbbq
    yellowdogbbq Posts: 389
    Options
    Please post how you like it, I'm planning on buying the 36" model.  
  • 55Kevy
    55Kevy Posts: 234
    Options
    Congratulations, @Thatgrimguy.  I am sure you love it as much as I have loved our 48" cooktop for the last 4 years.  We went with Wolf ovens, and I sort of wish we'd gone Blue Star.  But then the ovens aren't used as much as the BGE, so not a big deal.

Kevin

Beautiful Santa Ynez Valley, CA
    XL BGE, Woo2, AR

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    i would preseason the whole top with bacon grease....i mean cook bacon but same thing. nice looking range
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Thatgrimguy
    Options
    Cleaning, seasoning and just staring at this thing.

• AprèsSki
    AprèsSki Posts: 131
    Options
    I love our 30" Bluestar (same color btw) make sure you follow up with the "white glove" service visit to get the burners all adjusted and extend your warranty. Have them set the simmer as low as possible on the simmer burner and if they will adjust the 23k ones to simmer low have them do that too. Damn thing is a flame thrower, the hard part is getting a low enough simmer without moving pots from burner to burner. Also, make sure your convection fan doesn't rattle and if you think it is loud, make sure you have it checked out before your warranty expires. Enjoy, our wok lives in that same spot as yours and gets a heavy workout.
    Firing up my XL Big Green Egg, KJ Jr. or Weber gasser in Salt Lake City
  • Thatgrimguy
    Options

• Thatgrimguy
    Options
    Had some seared ahi tuna and some raw with “Japanese Crack”

• Thatgrimguy
    edited May 2019
    Options

Fried up some catfish,

not pictured I boiled 12 quarts of water in a 16 qt stock pot and cooked some eggs on the griddle and in a cast iron
     this thing gets crazy hot crazy fast
  • Thatgrimguy
    edited May 2019
    Options

So yeah... I’m in love with an indoor cooking device now. I feel like I’m cheating on my smokers.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    What hood did you go with? 

Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • bangor307
    bangor307 Posts: 139
    Options
    Beautiful stove!
  • oldgeezeystax
    oldgeezeystax Posts: 313
    Options
    Coolest range setup I've ever seen, well done sir!
    Frederick, MD - LBGE and some accessories
  • Thatgrimguy
    edited May 2019
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    What hood did you go with? 

It's a custom built pan that fills the top of the alcove and I'm using a wolf 1100 cfm fan mounted in the attic. It actually ended up cheaper than a vent-a-hood and looks way better to me.

• billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,528
    Options
    #goals
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,950
    Options
    Any chance you’re looking to adopt a Duke Professor?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    Options
    Dude . . this an amazing setup!!!  hood is stealth . . but man the brick cove it sits in is so cool and inviting.  Just curious, did you look at ranges from Capital Culinarian as well?  I am not in the market, but guy I work with is flirting now.  I will end with this . . . BEAUTIFUL !!     
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • Wanasmoke
    Wanasmoke Posts: 388
    Options
    That is a dream!  I have a 30" Bluestar and absolutely love it!  I can only imagine how much better it would be having that one lol.  Enjoy
    LBGE in Elm Grove, WI
  • JohnEggGio
    JohnEggGio Posts: 1,430
    Options
    I’ll admit some envy.  Beautiful- congratulations!
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • Thatgrimguy
    Options
    NDG said:
    Dude . . this an amazing setup!!!  hood is stealth . . but man the brick cove it sits in is so cool and inviting.  Just curious, did you look at ranges from Capital Culinarian as well?  I am not in the market, but guy I work with is flirting now.  I will end with this . . . BEAUTIFUL !!     
    I looked at them a little but my local vendor couldn't get them and I wanted the installation to be local. 

I was pretty set on bluestar from the beginning.