Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Kamado Grilling in The Graduate!

Options
I was watching The Graduate over the holiday break, and for the first time noticed that the Braddocks had a kamado grill in the backyard!  It's visible in every pool scene. I suppose in 1967 when this was filmed it was a new high end grill and somebody paid a pretty penny to have these featured in the film.

Any idea what brand these are?  Anyone ever notice them before?

In any case, I thought it was pretty amusing to see.  Figured others would be equally entertained.

Plastics.

LBGE/Maryland

Comments

• kweitz
    kweitz Posts: 305
    Options
    Probably a Sazco, made in California in the mid 60's. I had and used one for 15 years prior to buying my BGE. Is is pictured by my name in this forum. 

Charles Town, West-by-God Virginia

Sazco large Casa-Q

Large BGE

• Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    I’ve wondered the same thing before!
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Thank you for your reporting on this.  I noticed that this weekend while flipping thru right at this time, but was suddenly distracted when Dustin Hoffman walked out in full scuba/snorkeling gear.  Strange few minutes in that movie.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    Looks like a Little Black Egg™.

The company didn't do very well until they decided to make them larger and change the color to green and changed the company name to Bigger Green Egg.

Years later during a corporate marketing makeover they dropped the "er" to become the company we all know and love today - Big Green Egg.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    edited January 2018
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Looks like a Little Black Egg™.

The company didn't do very well until they decided to make them larger and change the color to green and changed the company name to Bigger Green Egg.

Years later during a corporate marketing makeover they dropped the "er" to become the company we all know and love today - Big Green Egg.

I honestly don’t know if you’re kidding or serious.  But I’ve never heard it before so I’m guessing it’s a joke. 

need thicker sarcasm if its a joke or a historical link otherwise.  And boobs.  Boobs in a photo always improves credibility. :)

LBGE/Maryland
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    There’s another photo from the sixties floating around here somewhere of a young, bare-azzed lass standing next to a BGE.  Such a magical time.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,653
    Options

Ok - insomnia took over tonight and watched The Graduate on Netflix. I’ve watched that movie a zillion times and never noticed the grills. The first one looks like a small Summit. Anyone know the origins of these grills?

Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options

Are they two different grills? The first pic the kamado looks like it is shorter and in a stand like a nest. The other pic the kamado is taller and there are only wheels at the bottom.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options

Cool find, thanks!

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options

Looks like Ike from south park

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX