Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT..OT.. MPB (Missing Person Bulletin) ...OT..OT

Haven't seen @JohnInCarolina around for a while...Hoping he wasn't caught up in the latest University dragnet..
Greensboro North Carolina
When in doubt Accelerate....

Comments

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    If I recall correctly, he made a post about traveling this week, perhaps a conference somewhere.
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,671
    edited March 2019
    i want to say doe meeting in ny?
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,324
    edited March 2019
    I believe he said he was in New York this week on a super secret government work trip.
    On the other hand, his trip to that area did coincide with the university fraud indictments announcement. Maybe he was a key undercover witness - snitches get stitches... B)

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• fishlessman
    HeavyG said:
    I believe he said he was in New York this week on a super secret government work trip.
    On the other hand, his trip to that area did coincide with the university fraud indictments announcement. Maybe he was a key undercover witness - snitches get stitches... B)

my thought was who paid for the audi ;)
    fukahwee maine

• jad
    jad Posts: 70
    there was a suspected mob hit of the leader of the Gambino crime family, yesterday in NY ? :o

Cary NC
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,708
    edited March 2019
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    If you’ll notice, there are a lot of well known folks that aren’t frequenting the forum much anymore.
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    I noticed that Duke was conspicuously not mentioned in the pending Lawsuits, and now the professor is missing. Perhaps a damage control mission. 
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    If you’ll notice, there are a lot of well known folks that aren’t frequenting the forum much anymore.
    This forum used to be a much friendlier place.
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • fishlessman
    #slowforum  just wonder how that happened
    fukahwee maine

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    The professor is alive and well based on the recent (3/13) post here:
    Butt Blast 2019  Perhaps in celebration of today (and not the pi day version) he is relaxing  ;)

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,597
    The troll accounts are seemingly quiet too... coincidence?
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    He is staying at a Trump hotel in NYC because he wants to get a gubment job and heard that really helps.
    The troll accounts are seemingly quiet too... coincidence?
    What are you try to say, pal.

Fighting off the trolls 1 by 1
    Large Egg

Pig, KY 
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    Getting a massage in Jupiter Fl
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,533
    Getting the petting zoo organized....
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Getting the petting zoo organized....
    No.  That’s on me.  Texted with him tonight.  Word is his tenure, while fragile, remains intact.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Ha!  No worries lads, I'm totally fine.  Although it's somehow comforting to know that when I die the assumption here on the forum will be that I've probably been caught up in some massive bribery scandal and am in jail.

I've been working in NYC all week on behalf of the DOE.  I'm on both the selection and steering committees for their PhD fellowship program in computational science.  The program provides full tuition and four years of stipend support to US citizens with exceptional qualifications to study at our best schools in STEM areas.  The awards are valued somewhere around $250k each, and we give about 20 of them out each year from a pool of over 400 applicants.  This is taxpayer money so it's something we all take exceptionally seriously.

Most of the students who receive the awards have perfect GPAs and have done a lot of research.  One of the people we discussed had a single-author paper published in astrophysics when they were in high school.  And I think they were one of the ones who will likely not receive a fellowship, just to give you some sense of the caliber of people we're discussing here.  This is probably one of the most important and rewarding things I do on this planet (with apologies to Butt Blast) so it tends to get my full attention.  I've been working from  8 to 11pm straight since Monday, with occasional breaks for meals.  

Steering committee meeting today starts in about 15 minutes here, so I've got to run.  My best to all of you from NYC.   
    John, I would like to take some culinary classes down at the local tech school. Is this something you can help me out with?
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • northGAcock
    On a serious note....good stuff John.

• fishlessman
    meanwhile, while back on the ranch

Image result for audi a5 getting towed

fukahwee maine

• thetrim
    8 to 11pm?  Those are @bgebrent hours.
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • northGAcock
    thetrim said:
    Brent don’t work on Fridays.

• TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Didn't Aunt Becky's daughter get accepted to that program?
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • thetrim
    True, Brent is a three hour day, one day a week.
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Ha!  No worries lads, I'm totally fine.  Although it's somehow comforting to know that when I die the assumption here on the forum will be that I've probably been caught up in some massive bribery scandal and am in jail.

I've been working in NYC all week on behalf of the DOE.  I'm on both the selection and steering committees for their PhD fellowship program in computational science.  The program provides full tuition and four years of stipend support to US citizens with exceptional qualifications to study at our best schools in STEM areas.  The awards are valued somewhere around $250k each, and we give about 20 of them out each year from a pool of over 400 applicants.  This is taxpayer money so it's something we all take exceptionally seriously.

Most of the students who receive the awards have perfect GPAs and have done a lot of research.  One of the people we discussed had a single-author paper published in astrophysics when they were in high school.  And I think they were one of the ones who will likely not receive a fellowship, just to give you some sense of the caliber of people we're discussing here.  This is probably one of the most important and rewarding things I do on this planet (with apologies to Butt Blast) so it tends to get my full attention.  I've been working from  8 to 11pm straight since Monday, with occasional breaks for meals.  

Steering committee meeting today starts in about 15 minutes here, so I've got to run.  My best to all of you from NYC.   
    Didn't you guys give a full ride to that bro who's the son from that yenta celeb from Jersey Housewives last year?
    money talks, a paper published in astrophysics ....walks
    fukahwee maine

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,432
    nolaegghead said:
    Didn't you guys give a full ride to that bro who's the son from that yenta celeb from Jersey Housewives last year?

:lol:

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,136
    thetrim said:
    He meant 8 PM to 11 pm .... three hours, not including breaks and meals, of course... :)

go DUKE!
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!