Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

OT..OT.. MPB (Missing Person Bulletin) ...OT..OT

johnmitchelljohnmitchell Posts: 4,866
Haven't seen @JohnInCarolina around for a while...Hoping he wasn't caught up in the latest University dragnet..
Greensboro North Carolina
When in doubt Accelerate....

Comments

• ColtsFanColtsFan Posts: 3,173
    If I recall correctly, he made a post about traveling this week, perhaps a conference somewhere.
    XL BGE, 2-LG BGE, KJ Jr, 36" Blackstone, Ardore Pizza Oven
    Follow me on Instagram @ hoosier_egger
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 24,615
    edited March 14
    i want to say doe meeting in ny?
  • HeavyGHeavyG Posts: 6,086
    edited March 14
    I believe he said he was in New York this week on a super secret government work trip.
    On the other hand, his trip to that area did coincide with the university fraud indictments announcement. Maybe he was a key undercover witness - snitches get stitches... B)

Camped out in the (757/804)
    HeavyG said:
    I believe he said he was in New York this week on a super secret government work trip.
    On the other hand, his trip to that area did coincide with the university fraud indictments announcement. Maybe he was a key undercover witness - snitches get stitches... B)

my thought was who paid for the audi ;)
  • jadjad Posts: 67
    there was a suspected mob hit of the leader of the Gambino crime family, yesterday in NY ? :o

Cary NC
  • lkapigianlkapigian Posts: 4,777
    edited March 14
    Visalia, Ca
  • DoubleEggerDoubleEgger Posts: 14,895
    If you’ll notice, there are a lot of well known folks that aren’t frequenting the forum much anymore.
  • frazzdaddyfrazzdaddy Posts: 928
    I noticed that Duke was conspicuously not mentioned in the pending Lawsuits, and now the professor is missing. Perhaps a damage control mission. 
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • dmchicagodmchicago Posts: 1,589
    If you’ll notice, there are a lot of well known folks that aren’t frequenting the forum much anymore.
    This forum used to be a much friendlier place.
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Dennis - Austin,TX
    #slowforum  just wonder how that happened
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 19,279
    The professor is alive and well based on the recent (3/13) post here:
    Butt Blast 2019  Perhaps in celebration of today (and not the pi day version) he is relaxing  ;)

Louisville;  L & S BGEs, PBC, Lang 36; Burnin' wood in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer.  
  • alaskanassasinalaskanassasin Posts: 1,642
    The troll accounts are seemingly quiet too... coincidence?
    South of Columbus, Ohio.
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 30,628
    He is staying at a Trump hotel in NYC because he wants to get a gubment job and heard that really helps.

• HogFatherHogFather Posts: 97
    The troll accounts are seemingly quiet too... coincidence?
    What are you try to say, pal.

Large Egg

Pig, KY 
  • thetrimthetrim Posts: 8,525
    Getting a massage in Jupiter Fl
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • JohnnyTarheelJohnnyTarheel Posts: 5,766
    Getting the petting zoo organized....
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • bgebrentbgebrent Posts: 19,135
    Getting the petting zoo organized....
    No.  That’s on me.  Texted with him tonight.  Word is his tenure, while fragile, remains intact.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • northGAcocknorthGAcock Posts: 12,766
    Ha!  No worries lads, I'm totally fine.  Although it's somehow comforting to know that when I die the assumption here on the forum will be that I've probably been caught up in some massive bribery scandal and am in jail.

I've been working in NYC all week on behalf of the DOE.  I'm on both the selection and steering committees for their PhD fellowship program in computational science.  The program provides full tuition and four years of stipend support to US citizens with exceptional qualifications to study at our best schools in STEM areas.  The awards are valued somewhere around $250k each, and we give about 20 of them out each year from a pool of over 400 applicants.  This is taxpayer money so it's something we all take exceptionally seriously.

Most of the students who receive the awards have perfect GPAs and have done a lot of research.  One of the people we discussed had a single-author paper published in astrophysics when they were in high school.  And I think they were one of the ones who will likely not receive a fellowship, just to give you some sense of the caliber of people we're discussing here.  This is probably one of the most important and rewarding things I do on this planet (with apologies to Butt Blast) so it tends to get my full attention.  I've been working from  8 to 11pm straight since Monday, with occasional breaks for meals.  

Steering committee meeting today starts in about 15 minutes here, so I've got to run.  My best to all of you from NYC.   
    John, I would like to take some culinary classes down at the local tech school. Is this something you can help me out with?
    Columbia, South Carolina with a Medium, MiniMax & a 17" Blackstone

“May the four winds blow you safely home.”
    On a serious note....good stuff John.

meanwhile, while back on the ranch

Image result for audi a5 getting towed

8 to 11pm?  Those are @bgebrent hours.
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
    thetrim said:
    Brent don’t work on Fridays.

• TN_EggerTN_Egger Posts: 756
    Didn't Aunt Becky's daughter get accepted to that program?

A BGE chiminea, a small and a 17" BS in Las Cruces, NM

True, Brent is a three hour day, one day a week.
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 30,628
    Ha!  No worries lads, I'm totally fine.  Although it's somehow comforting to know that when I die the assumption here on the forum will be that I've probably been caught up in some massive bribery scandal and am in jail.

I've been working in NYC all week on behalf of the DOE.  I'm on both the selection and steering committees for their PhD fellowship program in computational science.  The program provides full tuition and four years of stipend support to US citizens with exceptional qualifications to study at our best schools in STEM areas.  The awards are valued somewhere around $250k each, and we give about 20 of them out each year from a pool of over 400 applicants.  This is taxpayer money so it's something we all take exceptionally seriously.

Most of the students who receive the awards have perfect GPAs and have done a lot of research.  One of the people we discussed had a single-author paper published in astrophysics when they were in high school.  And I think they were one of the ones who will likely not receive a fellowship, just to give you some sense of the caliber of people we're discussing here.  This is probably one of the most important and rewarding things I do on this planet (with apologies to Butt Blast) so it tends to get my full attention.  I've been working from  8 to 11pm straight since Monday, with occasional breaks for meals.  

Steering committee meeting today starts in about 15 minutes here, so I've got to run.  My best to all of you from NYC.   
    Didn't you guys give a full ride to that bro who's the son from that yenta celeb from Jersey Housewives last year?

money talks, a paper published in astrophysics ....walks
  • BotchBotch Posts: 7,873
    nolaegghead said:
    Didn't you guys give a full ride to that bro who's the son from that yenta celeb from Jersey Housewives last year?

:lol:

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
  • MaskedMarvelMaskedMarvel Posts: 2,561
    thetrim said:
    He meant 8 PM to 11 pm .... three hours, not including breaks and meals, of course... :)

go DUKE!
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!