Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-What are you buying right now?

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,663
    Eoin said:
    Just to set the record straight, these consumer drones that I'm into are basically photography platforms.  They are not nearly as fun to fly as RC planes and helicopters, or cars and boats.  They are not challenging at all to fly, too **** easy.  Where's the fun in that?  It's in the photography.  Which is phenomenal.
    i have a feeling the one buzzing me was a spy platform,  while fishing in remote locations ive been spotted by plane, helicopter, sleds, wheelers, madmax on a dirt bike, computerized 8 inch scopes mounted on rubber boats with 1200 plus hp. i wont even try to count the different policing agencies. not sure what the men in green would do if i hit that with a jitterbug and a spiderwire line =)
    Why are they spying on you?
    the men in green are the fishing and hunting officers, they work hard at finding someone breaking the law in that regards. i stopped fishing some lakes because i just got sick of being boarded several times a day.  if you are ice fishing and see a plane dip a wing, watch out, you are about to be swarmed, make sure you are legal. forgot to mention fish scent dogs =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Eoin said:
    Just to set the record straight, these consumer drones that I'm into are basically photography platforms.  They are not nearly as fun to fly as RC planes and helicopters, or cars and boats.  They are not challenging at all to fly, too **** easy.  Where's the fun in that?  It's in the photography.  Which is phenomenal.
    i have a feeling the one buzzing me was a spy platform,  while fishing in remote locations ive been spotted by plane, helicopter, sleds, wheelers, madmax on a dirt bike, computerized 8 inch scopes mounted on rubber boats with 1200 plus hp. i wont even try to count the different policing agencies. not sure what the men in green would do if i hit that with a jitterbug and a spiderwire line =)
    the men in green are the fishing and hunting officers, they work hard at finding someone breaking the law in that regards. i stopped fishing some lakes because i just got sick of being boarded several times a day.  if you are ice fishing and see a plane dip a wing, watch out, you are about to be swarmed, make sure you are legal. forgot to mention fish scent dogs =)
    What are they hoping to find?
  • fishlessman
    Eoin said:
    Eoin said:
    fish illegal to catch, fish too small, fish over the size limit, fish over the catch limit, illegal tactics etc.  was fined with a year loss of license for catching a salmon while the boat was heading into the rocks of an island, tossed the fish on the floor and took over control of the boat to get it out of harms way, fined for not immediately killing the fish before hitting the rocks
    fukahwee maine

• Eoin
    Eoin said:
    Eoin said:
    fish illegal to catch, fish too small, fish over the size limit, fish over the catch limit, illegal tactics etc.  was fined with a year loss of license for catching a salmon while the boat was heading into the rocks of an island, tossed the fish on the floor and took over control of the boat to get it out of harms way, fined for not immediately killing the fish before hitting the rocks
    Sounds too much like hard work #LandoftheFree
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    Windows . . SUCKS . . needed to stay wood and need full replacements . . soooooo $$ and doesnt even feel like an upgrade.  
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • Eoin
    It’s more about protecting our natural resources.  Some fish cops have their hats on too tight. Some rules are ridiculous. Some areas are policed more than others. 
     On the other hand there are a lot of scum bags out there that leave a path of destruction everywhere they go. There are people who shoot sow bears with cubs, kill the cubs and hide them, people who introduce non indigenous fish to lakes knowingly and eventually wiping out the native population. Kill moose and take the head/antlers wasting the meat.
      Hunting and fishing is a privilege like driving. Get your license obey the laws and most the time you will be fine. 
    Not a problem here because virtually all land is privately owned and closed to the general population, apart from designated rights of way. Even these are often blocked by landowners who don't like people using them. There is a right to roam in Scotland and designated parts of the UK (mainly national parks, although the land is still mostly privately owned) but this does not give any rights to hunt or fish or even camp out (wild camping allowed in Scotland). The freeing up of access rights in Scotland is relatively recent, nothing much changed in England.
  • fishlessman
    Eoin said:
    It’s more about protecting our natural resources.  Some fish cops have their hats on too tight. Some rules are ridiculous. Some areas are policed more than others. 
     On the other hand there are a lot of scum bags out there that leave a path of destruction everywhere they go. There are people who shoot sow bears with cubs, kill the cubs and hide them, people who introduce non indigenous fish to lakes knowingly and eventually wiping out the native population. Kill moose and take the head/antlers wasting the meat.
      Hunting and fishing is a privilege like driving. Get your license obey the laws and most the time you will be fine. 
    Not a problem here because virtually all land is privately owned and closed to the general population, apart from designated rights of way. Even these are often blocked by landowners who don't like people using them. There is a right to roam in Scotland and designated parts of the UK (mainly national parks, although the land is still mostly privately owned) but this does not give any rights to hunt or fish or even camp out (wild camping allowed in Scotland). The freeing up of access rights in Scotland is relatively recent, nothing much changed in England.
    here for the most part water is public owned, you cant trespass on posted land for the most part but if you can find an access point you can stand in the water anywhere you want. montana is the only place ive been harassed by land owners, i took their picture, lucky i did not get shot =)
    fukahwee maine

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    HeavyG said:
    Join the Drone Racing League if you want some challenging drone flying action. Those kids/pilots have pretty phenomenal skills/reactions. I really enjoy catching some of those events on the telly.
    FPV (first person view) drone sports are hot.  My new drone has the FPV controller and I have a VR set, might play around with that, although this drone is far from a racing drone in performance. 
    Eoin said:
    here for the most part water is public owned, you cant trespass on posted land for the most part but if you can find an access point you can stand in the water anywhere you want. montana is the only place ive been harassed by land owners, i took their picture, lucky i did not get shot =)
    It's not unusual for stretches of some creeks/streams/rivers to be privately owned in many western US states - not open to the public for fishing and some owners try to prevent boaters from floating thru.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• fishlessman
    HeavyG said:
    Eoin said:
    It's not unusual for stretches of some creeks/streams/rivers to be privately owned in many western US states - not open to the public for fishing and some owners try to prevent boaters from floating thru.
    i do know some have been fenced off and a couple states are backing that,  i just always wonder who funds it.  here its the audobon and trout unlimited doing the damage to the common rec fisherman.  what ive been told insome fenced over areas in montana is that fed law says navigable waters is open just no footprints in the mud.  hard to get over barbed wire in waders
    fukahwee maine

• nolaegghead
    That’s crazy @nolaegghead
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    Wow. Thanks for letting me know this. I will
    not be going back to Venice. 
  • nolaegghead
    Wow. Thanks for letting me know this. I will
    not be going back to Venice. 
    There is a history of corruption in Louisiana that has caused disproportionate wealth to accumulate amongst the good ol' boys, friends of those in power, that allowed them to privatize the marsh and swamps, and everywhere else.  They also controlled the legislation. 

I ignore all of it.  I go out and fish, if anyone gives me grief about private property, I leave.  Hasn't happened much.

But fishing out of Venice, you're probably going off shore and that's public waters.
    BASS should be fighting this, not bowing out.  if they lose, get audubon to close the whole thing, theres gotta be a rare bird nesting in there, close the marshes and the private land. we have a similar thing here in new hampshire, private ritzy lake with no access, fish and game bought access land, rich governor denied access to be built
    fukahwee maine

• 1911Man
    1911Man Posts: 366
    If anyone is interested, Columbia River Arms is having a 30% off sale through the weekend (says it ends March 17th). I'll be ordering my 12.5" 308 Winchester barrel tomorrow for the pistol build. =)
    Large BGE with CGS Woo Ring, stone with stainless pan, Smokeware chimney cap, Kick Ash basket and Kick Ash can.
    Living free in the 603 (Pelham).
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,354
     Has potential 

Jacksonville FL
  • 1911Man
    @Dobie Looks a little limp on the end there. ;)
    Large BGE with CGS Woo Ring, stone with stainless pan, Smokeware chimney cap, Kick Ash basket and Kick Ash can.
  • 1911Man
    Just bought the 12.5" 308 Winchester barrel from Columbia River Arms. 1x8.5" twist, carbine gas system, black shot peened, threaded end (5/8x24 tpi for muzzle device).
    One step closer to having the AR10 pistol build completed. =)
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901

“There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • nolaegghead

swmbo bought shirt for jazz fest...
    edited March 2019
    That’s my go to @ColtsFan. Excellent stuff. 
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    I was just introduced to it a couple of weeks ago. I took one of my larges to my future BIL to test drive and he says "Hey, I got this sausage from Alabama my brother gave me". I gave him an egg crash course and had some kick butt sausage!

Great stuff! 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    ColtsFan said:
    I was just introduced to it a couple of weeks ago. I took one of my larges to my future BIL to test drive and he says "Hey, I got this sausage from Alabama my brother gave me". I gave him an egg crash course and had some kick butt sausage!

Great stuff! 
    My family is from LA (Lower Alabama). I’ve been eating it my whole life. Reminds me of my grandma.