Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    edited February 2019
    Options
    blasting said:

Nothing fancy, but I forgot how much I enjoy cooking over an open pit.

Heretic, SALIVATING.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,099
    Options
    Toasted bun is the deal! Good looking burger!!
    I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,346
    Options
    SonVolt said:

Those plates bring back so many memories. 
    We had the same ones growing up. The 80's were great!
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    Thinking it's going to be fun to watch Scherzer pitching against Harper for years to come.
    Godspeed Bryce!
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    SonVolt said:

Those plates bring back so many memories. 

I recently got my mom a new set, and I took these ones that I grew up with.  Like you said, memories.

Phoenix 
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options

=======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    EggFest prep...and because we make our own food for our pup now I bought an extra for her 🐾😁🐾 the prime brisket was actually less expensive than less desirable cuts of meat.  Gonna save the trimmings for tallow.

Dang. Your dog is going to be eating better than I do. Can you put down an extra bowl for me?
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,866
    Options
    Is it getting exciting or is it just fizzling out - you decide,  but ten fixtures this weekend in the PL and I am fairly sure that interest will slump soon.  Spurs have blown up - so its just about who will be 3rd, 4th and 5th for varying degrees of hi-jinkery in Europe next season (assuming we are allowed in,  which is not 100% certain) ((Bloody BREXIT))   Huddersfield and Fulham are sunk, but there’s five further team that could conceivably fill the third relegation spot, plus Bournemouth if they really do insist on keep losing.

In to the guts of it then;
    North London derby convenes for round 2 at lunchtime.  Spurs’ thin squad has caught up with them and the just out of reach title is now a forgotten dream.  Arsenal are back in the groove but this is famously tough match to predict - but a whole season of misdirection at you has not put me off so far.  2-1 away win for the Gooners.

Bournemouth welcome Man City and will present them with an attractive garnish atop the three points that they will happily yield to the swank-miesters.  1-3 to Citeh.  

Brighton are in horrific form but see the hapless, doomed - but recently victorious Huddersfield come to the seaside.  Could be a totally awful game.  Gut says a morale boosting 2-0 to the filthy Seagulls.  Heart yearns for an away win.  Broken heart on standby.

More dog-fighting up at Burnley as Palace go north.  Both teams lost mid-week,  bringing good runs to an abrupt end.  Palace’s was least surprising - Burnley got blind-sided by the fractious Newcastle.   This is going to be a tough game. Palace have lost a key defender and look less solid at the back.  They are much better going forward but Burnley will stifle that with whatever it takes.  Pick any score between 0-0 and 3-3 and they are equally likely.  Both sides really want the win and might just snuff each other out. 1-1.

Back to having fun Man Utd play Saints at home.  Hard to see beyond Utd winning by two clear goals, so 2-0 it is. More anxiety for Saints and their ‘Jurgen Klopp-lite’ manager.

Wolves got beat by Huddersfield and ought to be mightily embarrassed.  Can't see lightening striking twice and they will want to despatch Cardiff in clinical fashion.  3-0 the Wolves.

Of little interest to anyone is the evening kick-off, West Ham v Newcastle.  2-1 the Hammers.  Yawn.

Stoke have tested the mettle of @eoin to a magnificent degree.  No wins since mid-Jan and goal-phobia has set in too.   Notts Forest - fresh from beating Derby, up next.  Stoke only need a few points to assure safety, perhaps they’ll come after beating Forest?  Recent history suggests a draw.  0-0 it is.  Play, sleep, repeat for 6 weeks and Stoke stay up with just under 50 points.  It could happen.

Sunday lunchtime sees the return of the sparkly teeth and vast ego of Brendan Rodgers.  Rampant narcissist Rodgers has ditched Celtic on the cusp of a history making 3rd consecutive Scottish Treble to join PL also rans Leicester.   They are away to Watford, another team he ditched immediately the chance of a slightly better job popped up a few years ago. I expect Leicester will win because thats what they do, when they can be bothered.  Watford need a defeat to knock them down a peg or two as well (even though they got stuffed 5-0 by Liverpool mid-week, but a few more won't hurt).  1-2 The Foxes and Rodgers laps up every single moment of it.

Chelsea won a match mid-week and will go next door to Fulham where they will win another match, 2-0. 

The Merseyside derby closes events on Sunday.  It's at Goodison and the home team have been most odd this season. Stable without a trace.  They normally finish 7th every year.  In fact if you do a season prediction on day 1, start with them in 7th.  It always happens.  They are currently 9th (damn it) but I can't see them surging two spots up the table in this match.  Liverpool cling to the notion of the title and are top, but they just feel a bit flakey.   Nonetheless 1-2 sees the Reds keeping the dream alive.

Thats me done. I am out of lump wood, so I have things to do.  Might start a thread about lump wood in fact, wonder if thats been mention here before?

Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    Is it getting exciting or is it just fizzling out - you decide,  but ten fixtures this weekend in the PL and I am fairly sure that interest will slump soon.  Spurs have blown up - so its just about who will be 3rd, 4th and 5th for varying degrees of hi-jinkery in Europe next season (assuming we are allowed in,  which is not 100% certain) ((Bloody BREXIT))   Huddersfield and Fulham are sunk, but there’s five further team that could conceivably fill the third relegation spot, plus Bournemouth if they really do insist on keep losing.

In to the guts of it then;
    North London derby convenes for round 2 at lunchtime.  Spurs’ thin squad has caught up with them and the just out of reach title is now a forgotten dream.  Arsenal are back in the groove but this is famously tough match to predict - but a whole season of misdirection at you has not put me off so far.  2-1 away win for the Gooners.

Bournemouth welcome Man City and will present them with an attractive garnish atop the three points that they will happily yield to the swank-miesters.  1-3 to Citeh.  

Brighton are in horrific form but see the hapless, doomed - but recently victorious Huddersfield come to the seaside.  Could be a totally awful game.  Gut says a morale boosting 2-0 to the filthy Seagulls.  Heart yearns for an away win.  Broken heart on standby.

More dog-fighting up at Burnley as Palace go north.  Both teams lost mid-week,  bringing good runs to an abrupt end.  Palace’s was least surprising - Burnley got blind-sided by the fractious Newcastle.   This is going to be a tough game. Palace have lost a key defender and look less solid at the back.  They are much better going forward but Burnley will stifle that with whatever it takes.  Pick any score between 0-0 and 3-3 and they are equally likely.  Both sides really want the win and might just snuff each other out. 1-1.

Back to having fun Man Utd play Saints at home.  Hard to see beyond Utd winning by two clear goals, so 2-0 it is. More anxiety for Saints and their ‘Jurgen Klopp-lite’ manager.

Wolves got beat by Huddersfield and ought to be mightily embarrassed.  Can't see lightening striking twice and they will want to despatch Cardiff in clinical fashion.  3-0 the Wolves.

Of little interest to anyone is the evening kick-off, West Ham v Newcastle.  2-1 the Hammers.  Yawn.

Stoke have tested the mettle of @eoin to a magnificent degree.  No wins since mid-Jan and goal-phobia has set in too.   Notts Forest - fresh from beating Derby, up next.  Stoke only need a few points to assure safety, perhaps they’ll come after beating Forest?  Recent history suggests a draw.  0-0 it is.  Play, sleep, repeat for 6 weeks and Stoke stay up with just under 50 points.  It could happen.

Sunday lunchtime sees the return of the sparkly teeth and vast ego of Brendan Rodgers.  Rampant narcissist Rodgers has ditched Celtic on the cusp of a history making 3rd consecutive Scottish Treble to join PL also rans Leicester.   They are away to Watford, another team he ditched immediately the chance of a slightly better job popped up a few years ago. I expect Leicester will win because thats what they do, when they can be bothered.  Watford need a defeat to knock them down a peg or two as well (even though they got stuffed 5-0 by Liverpool mid-week, but a few more won't hurt).  1-2 The Foxes and Rodgers laps up every single moment of it.

Chelsea won a match mid-week and will go next door to Fulham where they will win another match, 2-0. 

The Merseyside derby closes events on Sunday.  It's at Goodison and the home team have been most odd this season. Stable without a trace.  They normally finish 7th every year.  In fact if you do a season prediction on day 1, start with them in 7th.  It always happens.  They are currently 9th (damn it) but I can't see them surging two spots up the table in this match.  Liverpool cling to the notion of the title and are top, but they just feel a bit flakey.   Nonetheless 1-2 sees the Reds keeping the dream alive.

Thats me done. I am out of lump wood, so I have things to do.  Might start a thread about lump wood in fact, wonder if thats been mention here before?

Safety, what kind of nonsense is that. We're still pushing for a play off place!
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    Watching a bulldozer about to F-up our driveway. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • AlbertaEgger
    AlbertaEgger Posts: 1,387
    Options
    blasting said:

Posting on this thread from the hammock.  Beautiful day today.

Awesome, we are still in a deep freeze. Very jealous.
    County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,898
    Options
    Prepping to put two of these Custom Windows (lowe obscure impact insulated) on south side of house. Planning installation on Sunday early morning and hoping for a no rain day. These came a lot faster than the last ones so the Ocala shop that fabricates these is hopefully past the hurricane crunch from last year. Got one more to do on the east side but that is protected by neighbors house so not much of a hurry. 

One for the shower and the other for the master bedroom. They will be installed rotated 90 degrees.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:
    The walk-in fridge is getting a floor. Here is the rear part. 

Holy mother. What's the story behind the walk in fridge? Is this for a commercial operation? 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,346
    Options
    New toy. This thing sucks!! 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:

Mark has lost his mind. He already has like a dozen comercial frigs in his basement.

Ha Mark, what you gonna do with those comercial units when you get the walk in? Asking for a friend.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

Sea2Ski said:

Hmmm...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRqXBsgnYok

Phoenix 
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    Sea2Ski said:

Holy mother. What's the story behind the walk in fridge? Is this for a commercial operation? 
    @SonVolt that wall on the left the original below grade foundation wall to the house. Then years ago the house was added onto and a cinder block wall was put up.  That is the wall to the right.  We decided to clear out the junk that collected and make it a fridge.  
    Below is the door to the room waiting to be installed.  It is 52” wide so we will be able to bring in pallets, whole animals, bodies.... just about anything and everything we want to.

Is is this a commercial operation? No, but we are building as though it may be one day.  Maybe. Or maybe not. Who knows....
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Watchin the first game of the SC vs Clempson baseball (three game) series. 

• Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    Mark has lost his mind. He already has like a dozen comercial frigs in his basement.

Ha Mark, what you gonna do with those comercial units when you get the walk in? Asking for a friend.
    No one would want them.  They are filled with moldy meat and stuff. 
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Doing the things...
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:

No one would want them.  They are filled with moldy meat and stuff. 
    I can loan my friend a power washer.....