Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Benchmade Knives

Options

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
     I have never been told by anyone what I can or cannot grow.
    Try to grow marijuana.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    man they find a pot plant around here and you would think they took down the cartel.  They arrested a 75 year old guy for having one plant in his tomato garden.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    F*ck!  Now I have to make my own knives.
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    I agree, they fly all over the county with a helicopter or plane looking for plants once a year, meanwhile there is a mobile meth lab in the walmart parking lot, and a mom over dosing while waiting in line to drop her kid off at school. Great use of resources.

South of Columbus, Ohio.

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,346
    Options
    I agree, they fly all over the county with a helicopter or plane looking for plants once a year, meanwhile there is a mobile meth lab in the walmart parking lot, and a mom over dosing while waiting in line to drop her kid off at school. Great use of resources.

Same here. I'll walk down a public, paved walking trail here that goes straight through town littered with needles, yet the college kids get busted for weed all day long
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options

Back when I was a helicopter pilot, those contracts were a gold mine.  Around here, the DEA had a helicopter with some special infrared equipment on it that was always out in the mid-summer early evenings (something about how it cooled differently than other plants).  Then the state and a few local Sheriff's depts had their own helicopters as well.  But civilian contractors could make a mint in KY and TN out spotting.  Just had to mark the coordinates then the ground guys would go get it.

But I hear ya man.....put that money toward the meth and heroin first problems first!! 
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    lkapigian said:
    Jussie Smollett
    Christopher Hasson.
    jussie and christopher should get life in prison
    Would have been cool to have Hasson arrested in a " predator" type set up and have it filmed 

Smollett should be forced to work for the RNC
    He is.  He just isn’t being paid for all of the upcoming political ads.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    Options

Back when I was a helicopter pilot, those contracts were a gold mine.  Around here, the DEA had a helicopter with some special infrared equipment on it that was always out in the mid-summer early evenings (something about how it cooled differently than other plants).  Then the state and a few local Sheriff's depts had their own helicopters as well.  But civilian contractors could make a mint in KY and TN out spotting.  Just had to mark the coordinates then the ground guys would go get it.

But I hear ya man.....put that money toward the meth and heroin first problems first!! 
    They don’t give a rats azz about drugs. It’s all about seizing money and assets so the Po Po can get new toys. 
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options

They don’t give a rats azz about drugs. It’s all about seizing money and assets so the Po Po can get new toys. 
    Not sure if you saw or not, but that's about to change.
    https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2019/02/supreme-court-rules-against-civil-forfeitures-rbg-timbs.html

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • alaskanassasin
    Options

I don't remember the whole story but they found a decent sized grow somewhere around here and sent the sheriffs department out to confiscate, in the process they drove around the gate at the end of the guys driveway.  Apparently you cannot do that with out a warrant.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    DMW said:

Not sure if you saw or not, but that's about to change.
    https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2019/02/supreme-court-rules-against-civil-forfeitures-rbg-timbs.html

It's about damn time.  
    Options
    I don't see ANY problem with police departments taking guns away from criminals or buying them back and destroying them.  Seriously, what's the big deal?  I don't get it.
    Buying them "back"?  They weren't theirs in the first place.  It's a BUY, and I don't know of any other program in the world where someone or some entity buys something just to throw it away.

Ever heard of farm subsidies welfare? 
    FTFY
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    Subsidies are a small portion of a farmers income 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• littlerascal56
    Options
    See www.kansashempgrowers.com. They legally grow low THC hemp.  Perfect crop for the region.  It’s just a matter of time before we have legal pot (since Colorado is across the state line), and we will have huge licensed pot growers throughout the state.  It already grows wild in the ditches and along the railroad tracks (ditch weed), so it’s no big deal here.
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    See www.kansashempgrowers.com. They legally grow low THC hemp.  Perfect crop for the region.  It’s just a matter of time before we have legal pot (since Colorado is across the state line), and we will have huge licensed pot growers throughout the state.  It already grows wild in the ditches and along the railroad tracks (ditch weed), so it’s no big deal here.
    I know there's some medical use for that, but I have had people tell me what an amazing building material it is when that add it to concrete.  Guy I used to work with built his whole house out of "hempcrete".  Apparently it allows the house to breath more than a regular concrete ICF house??
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    I know there's some medical use for that, but I have had people tell me what an amazing building material it is when that add it to concrete.  Guy I used to work with built his whole house out of "hempcrete".  Apparently it allows the house to breath more than a regular concrete ICF house??
    A house that inhales?  Who knew?
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    You can find videos about it on YouTube. The ingredients are the hemp stems, lime, and water. Still needs wood framing though.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    You can find videos about it on YouTube. The ingredients are the hemp stems, lime, and water. Still needs wood framing though.
    So like using straw bales then - need timber frame for structural loads.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• GoldenQ
    GoldenQ Posts: 566
    Options
    Why do some of you always ready FIRE aim      doesn't your foot hurt enough already from miss shots into ti?
    I XL  and 1 Weber Kettle  And 1 Weber Q220       Outside Alvin, TX-- South of Houston
  • GoldenQ
    GoldenQ Posts: 566
    Options
    If most of you only want to buy American Made products, why do you have a BGE????
    I XL  and 1 Weber Kettle  And 1 Weber Q220       Outside Alvin, TX-- South of Houston
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Update from the police department:

Seems to me that most of the concerns raised in this thread weren’t very well-founded.  Well, at least if you believe the police that is.
  • Legume
    Options
    Yeah, but what about the farm subsidies @JohnInCarolina?  Why haven’t the Oregon City Police addressed that?  Strangely silent, I smell a rat and damnit, I’m going to be angry because, um, angry.
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    See how many fucks I give 😏.  Questions a consumer really should be asking is a do they make a quality product at a reasonable price or not? If a manufacturer wants to donate money political or otherwise it's their own choice. Doesn't necessarily mean I agree with where they put this money but it is in fact their choice. Just like it is your choice not to purchase from them.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Legume
    Options
    Hmmm, looks like the nanny language censor is turned off.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,978
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Legume said:
    Nah.  It just can’t tell the difference between **** and fucks.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    The forum still has more fucks to give, apparently.
  • littlerascal56
    Options
    Those dollars are pretty low for a company as large as Benchmark.  My CEO (electric utility) required all of his managers join PAC’s as individuals (our own money), and donate or participate in money raising political events. Then it’s not on the balance sheet.  I can gripe about it now, since I just retired and Took my pension! =)
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Legume said:
    That can't be a good sign.
    When The Buffalo returns from their winter vacation in Tahiti there may be hell to pay.

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Those dollars are pretty low for a company as large as Benchmark.  My CEO (electric utility) required all of his managers join PAC’s as individuals (our own money), and donate or participate in money raising political events. Then it’s not on the balance sheet.  I can gripe about it now, since I just retired and Took my pension! =)
    The dollars listed there are actually from employees, which is why they are indeed pretty low.  You have to read the fine print at OpenSecrets, but they make it clear that they aren't listing donations from the company itself.  The OP was just ... well, trolling.