Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-What are you buying right now?

Options

Comments

• Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,361
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    SGH said:
    Just orders 1,200 rounds of 22 Short and 5,000 rounds of 22LR. 
    You should consider 6.5 Creedmoor.
    308 for the win
    That’s a flat shooter. I like the extra oomph of the .300. I rolled a doe at 580 yards with mine years ago. I’m set 2” high at 200 so you can let it rip across a field. 
    Wow, the lightest flattest shooting 300 win mag rounds drop over 30 inches at just 500 yards with a 200 yard zero, youre an amazing shooter. The drop at 580 must be getting close to 4 feet, not to mention wind drift.
    Jacksonville FL
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,171
    Options
    Dobie said:
    bgebrent said:
    SGH said:
    308 for the win
    That’s a flat shooter. I like the extra oomph of the .300. I rolled a doe at 580 yards with mine years ago. I’m set 2” high at 200 so you can let it rip across a field. 
    Wow, the lightest flattest shooting 300 win mag rounds drop over 30 inches at just 500 yards with a 200 yard zero, youre an amazing shooter. The drop at 580 must be getting close to 4 feet, not to mention wind drift.
    Thanks. I was propped up on hay roll so I was cheating.  I put the crosshairs about a foot and half above the shoulders and let it go. Best part is I won a bet and got a steak dinner with all I could drink. 
  • mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,653
    Options
    Fatwood for the firepit ... 
    Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    Fatwood for the firepit ... 
    how much is it? I’ve always just gone out in the woods and found some old stumps or posts. 
  • mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,653
    Options
    19.99 for ten pounds (150-200 pieces) Its enough to start about 40-50 fires I'm guessing.
    Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • fence0407
    fence0407 Posts: 2,236
    Options
    This arrived a few weeks ago. All set up and golfing nightly. For the price, it works great. 

https://www.amazon.com/Rapsodo-R-Motion-Simulator-Swing-Analyzer/dp/B06XYCB11Q

Large - Mini - Blackstone 17", 28", 36"
    Cumming, GA  

• vb4677
    vb4677 Posts: 686
    Options
    Kansas City: Too Much City for One State - Missouri side
    2 Large BGE's, Instant Pot, Anova Sous Vide, and a gas smoker...
    Barbeque, Homebrew and Blues...
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    I keep putting my $300 deposit check into an envelope and then removing it. Man this is torture.

South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    SonVolt said:
    I keep putting my $300 deposit check into an envelope and then removing it. Man this is torture.

I thought you could get free steel? Must make it a no brainer.
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    Eoin said:
    SonVolt said:

I thought you could get free steel? Must make it a no brainer.

Free steel? I work for a steel company, but they don't give that stuff away unfortunately. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • 1911Man
    1911Man Posts: 366
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    SGH said:
    308 for the win
    I put together the purchase list to complete the AR10 pistol. Going to run me about $1200 to get everything I need for that. Including the 12.5" barrel. :) Some of the parts are coming 'raw' as in not anodized. I'll apply Cerakote to those myself (thinking Burnt Bronze). This will be in 308 Winchester. I'm expecting great fireballs to come out the end of the barrel.
    Large BGE with CGS Woo Ring, stone with stainless pan, Smokeware chimney cap, Kick Ash basket and Kick Ash can.
    Living free in the 603 (Pelham).
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Just ordered this holster for my Ruger Single Six. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    I traded in a couple of firearms and treated myself yesterday with a snub nose 357.  It’s a Dan Wesson model 14.

Flint, Michigan
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Bought a CRG shifter kart today.   Some of you may have seen pics of it in my shop previously. 

32 HP Rotex 2-stroke.   Can't wait for the terror.
    Options
    Bought a CRG shifter kart today.   Some of you may have seen pics of it in my shop previously. 

Looks like a hobby with plenty of 'must have' upgrades available to drain the cash.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Eoin said:

Looks like a hobby with plenty of 'must have' upgrades available to drain the cash.
    Nah.  I'm just going fix the fiberglass issue with the seat and spend my money on tires and fuel.  And brake pads.
    Options
    Eoin said:

Nah.  I'm just going fix the fiberglass issue with the seat and spend my money on tires and fuel.  And brake pads.
    That's what everyone says at first.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,338
    Options

You should bring that to Butt Blast! 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• DoubleEgger
    Options
    Nice @nolaegghead. There’s a really nice track 15 minutes from the house. If I didn’t already have too many hobbies... 

“Atlanta Motorsports Park's second circuit is a professional kart circuit built to CIK Level A/1 Standards. It is .83 miles in length and has 43 feet of elevation changes.[1]
  • 1911Man
    1911Man Posts: 366
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Picked up the first item needed to finish my AR10 pistol build yesterday. Just the charging handle, but I wanted to see what one of the local gun stores (Shooter's Outpost) has that I need for the build. Price was the same as I found online so good to get.
    Next will be the barrel since that has the longest lead time to it.
    Large BGE with CGS Woo Ring, stone with stainless pan, Smokeware chimney cap, Kick Ash basket and Kick Ash can.
    Living free in the 603 (Pelham).
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Nice @nolaegghead. There’s a really nice track 15 minutes from the house. If I didn’t already have too many hobbies... 

“Atlanta Motorsports Park's second circuit is a professional kart circuit built to CIK Level A/1 Standards. It is .83 miles in length and has 43 feet of elevation changes.[1]
    Nice.  Our track is flat   Only reason I bought this is because my buddy took a ridiculously low offer I made half as a joke.

@Co@ColtsFan I would take in a second to butt blast but the end result would be someone in jail, hahaha
    I saw an ad for a Ruger bolt action rifle in 6.5 Creedmore recently. Strongly considering it though I haven’t been hunting in many years.
  • SGH
    Options
    I saw an ad for a Ruger bolt action rifle in 6.5 Creedmore recently. Strongly considering it though I haven’t been hunting in many years.
    Buy it and take it to range and shoot the crap out of it. Now that I’m older, I shoot far more paper targets than animals. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    First I would have to rejoin the range. Right now I also have an issue with my knee. It eases up some when I am walking and so far I am still taking my Boxer for 2.1 mile walks. I currently don’t have a functioning hunting rifle so I need to remedy that.
  • SGH
    Options
    First I would have to rejoin the range.
    42 bucks a year.  

Right now I also have an issue with my knee. It eases up some when I am walking and so far I am still taking my Boxer for 2.1 mile walks.
    I’m facing 2 total knee replacements and a back fusion. And my knees never ease up. 

I currently don’t have a functioning hunting rifle so I need to remedy that.
    All the more reason to buy it.  

Status- Standing by.

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    SGH said:
    First I would have to rejoin the range.
    42 bucks a year.  

Right now I also have an issue with my knee. It eases up some when I am walking and so far I am still taking my Boxer for 2.1 mile walks.
    I’m facing 2 total knee replacements and a back fusion. And my knees never ease up. 

I currently don’t have a functioning hunting rifle so I need to remedy that.
    All the more reason to buy it.  

Totally agree.  My annual pistol range dues are $110 (family rate), I’m getting a hip replaced later today and I just bought another revolver.  WTH man!
    Flint, Michigan
  • milesvdustin
    Options
    Bout to get a DA polisher for the car and a new shop vac for the garage 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,749
    Options

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it