Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

For the Big Game Tonight

Options
"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike

Comments

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Sounds just like my mom.....but you replace "Carolina" with "Robb".

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    Me thinks a change in those lyrics from "go" to "come" would be more appropriate. I have been to Cameron, It is is no fun for opposing teams or fans.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Image result for we are now dumber gif
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    What game?

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    Duke is favored by 9.  Carolina has had several inconsistent games this season.  Duke should win and I'm guessing they will cover but I don't have @SGH's $$ so I am not investing directly in the outcome. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • GATraveller
    Options
    9 is a lot of points to give up.  

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • frazzdaddy
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Duke is favored by 9.  Carolina has had several inconsistent games this season.  Duke should win and I'm guessing they will cover but I don't have @SGH's $$ so I am not investing directly in the outcome. 
     I had a chance to play some golf with both Coach Smith and Coach "K" back in the day. Both said the same thing. None of that matters to either team on game day. The close and crazy finishes over the years seems to give that reasoning credibility. 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    What game?

• frazzdaddy
    Options
    Do they play basketball in Texas? 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • frazzdaddy
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina. I was trying to find the stat on the amount of times when one has been ranked #1 and the other has pulled off the upset. The all time stats on the winning percentage of these two teams is impressive. 

From Wikipedia,

Combining for ten national championships over the last 36 years, Duke and North Carolina have captured 28% of the national championships, or greater than one every four years. Over the past 18 years, one of the two teams has been the AP pre-season #1 ranked team in the country 8 times (44% of the time). Since 1977–78, Duke or North Carolina has been in the pre-season top three 28 times (70%). Over the entirety of the AP poll (the past 69 years), the teams have been in the pre-season top four 69% of the time. Over this same period, one has been #1 18 times, making it an almost 3 in 10 chance that Duke or North Carolina starts the year at #1 in the last 50+ years.
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina. I was trying to find the stat on the amount of times when one has been ranked #1 and the other has pulled off the upset. The all time stats on the winning percentage of these two teams is impressive. 

From Wikipedia,

Combining for ten national championships over the last 36 years, Duke and North Carolina have captured 28% of the national championships, or greater than one every four years. Over the past 18 years, one of the two teams has been the AP pre-season #1 ranked team in the country 8 times (44% of the time). Since 1977–78, Duke or North Carolina has been in the pre-season top three 28 times (70%). Over the entirety of the AP poll (the past 69 years), the teams have been in the pre-season top four 69% of the time. Over this same period, one has been #1 18 times, making it an almost 3 in 10 chance that Duke or North Carolina starts the year at #1 in the last 50+ years.
    Yep, they’re both powerhouses.  Quite a legacy.

This game at Cameron is one of the hardest tickets to get in all sports, not just college sports.  Cameron doesn’t seat that many people relative to most basketball stadiums.
  • GATraveller
    Options
    I'm not a big college hoops fan but to be in Cameron for this would be incredible.

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options

From Wikipedia,

This game at Cameron is one of the hardest tickets to get in all sports, not just college sports.  Cameron doesn’t seat that many people relative to most basketball stadiums.
    John will you be attending tonight's game at Cameron?
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • frazzdaddy
    Options

From Wikipedia,

I heard some crazy scalper #'s .That atmosphere is electric in there and the kids are some of the best fans in all of sports. Last time I was there my ears rang for days.TV does not do it justice. It's obvious why the school has not caved to the $ pressure and built a bigger venue. 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    Do they play basketball in Texas? 

Nope.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• JohnInCarolina
    Options

From Wikipedia,

Unfortunately no.  I am out in West Lafayette (otherwise known as the armpit of the MidWest) for work.
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,345
    Options

From Wikipedia,

Unfortunately no.  I am out in West Lafayette (otherwise known as the armpit of the MidWest) for work.
    Good Ol' Purdue country
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    I'm not a big college hoops fan but to be in Cameron for this would be incredible.
    It's an amazing experience.  I've been to other heated rivalry games (most notably Canadiens-Bruins in the original Garden) and I don't think other north american sports have anything that come close. 

Now I just need to get the opportunity (and convince the wife that I can take it) to see a Clasico at Camp Nou, just for the sake of comparison.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options

From Wikipedia,

You poor thing.
    Options
    I wouldn't bet that line even if I had @sgh @rrp money combined!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    thetrim said:
    I wouldn't bet that line even if I had @sgh @rrp money combined!
    If you had my money you would probably starve to death. However, if you had that other persons money that you mentioned, the sky would no doubt be the limit my friend.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Dislike both to the nth degree.  Would prefer the dirty heels over puke tonight.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options

From Wikipedia,

Bless your little heart. I see you were fortunate enough to find the Internet from which you were able to start a thread. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Duke can’t afford decent shoes...
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • HogFather
    Options
    I’d ditch Petunia for Maria Taylor in a heartbeat....WOWZA
    Fighting off the trolls 1 by 1
    Large Egg

Pig, KY 
  • ColtsFan
    Options
    Well that was weird. 

• ColtsFan
    Options
    Not good boys and girls. Zion is legitimately hurt 

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    I cannot stand Jay Bilas. I would rather listen to Joe Buck.  
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL