Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-What are you buying right now?

Options

Comments

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    Today The Man In The Brown Shorts™ brought me a box from the fine folks at Smokeware.  I got an LED light for my Large (will be good for my wintertime weeknight grilling, right now I'm donning a cheepie headband light); a Cap Adaptor to allow my Smokeware Cap to be used on my Small (my Large pretty much wears the SMOBOT full-time now); and I finally bought a lump-lighting torch, the JJGeorge "Grilltorch", on sale for under $30:

I've been avoiding this lighting method as it apparently sprays sparks a bit, and my Eggs are on a deck.  However, on a hunch, it looked like the head of this particular torch is small enough to fit inside the intake of my Large (and it is!) so I can (hopefully) light my lump from the bottom (I use a KAB) and not spray sparks all over the place; I've also preferred lighting my lump from the bottom, like you do with a campfire.  
    Will let you guys know how/if it works, next cook!  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Makes the pending student loan crisis look reasonable. 

Miss the days of a balanced budget.  
    Greensboro, NC
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Yup I’m the dork with the $30 yeti bucket. Although I didn’t pay for it.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,653
    Options
    NOT — saw this cooler at a local store - $695.  You have to be kidding me.  Maybe we need a  ‘what am I NOT buying now’ thread. 
    Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

@mEGG_My_Day I'll add one that I'm not buying now - how about a pizza peel for $565 + shipping.

Phoenix 
  • mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,653
    Options
    @blasting - that is rediculous  :o
    Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    blasting said:

@mEGG_My_Day I'll add one that I'm not buying now - how about a pizza peel for $565 + shipping.

Wow, cool...a crawfish pot stirrer!!!

@johni@JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Do his friends call him johni now?  That’s so continental.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    blasting said:

Wow, cool...a crawfish pot stirrer!!!

No, it's a watermelon grater.  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Just bought a large out of hours vets bill for Ted. He's had the sh1ts for a couple of days but been perfectly normal otherwise. Tonight he was suddenly lethargic and out of sorts. Had a dose of antiibiotics and something for his digestion.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Eoin said:
    Just bought a large out of hours vets bill for Ted. He's had the sh1ts for a couple of days but been perfectly normal otherwise. Tonight he was suddenly lethargic and out of sorts. Had a dose of antiibiotics and something for his digestion.
    Maybe the poor boy had some fibre-induced-duece....
    Options
    Eoin said:
    Maybe the poor boy had some fibre-induced-duece....
    The deuce is definitely more liquid than it should be.
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,340
    Options
    Do-si-dos 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• HogFather
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Do-si-dos 
    I just licked my iPad 
    Fighting off the trolls 1 by 1
    Large Egg

Pig, KY 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Just ordered some Fine American Blend shaving soap and couple of pair of overalls. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,340
    Options
    SGH said:
    Just ordered some Fine American Blend shaving soap and couple of pair of overalls. 
    How many effin' pairs of overalls do you need, man? I should buy stock
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    SGH said:
    Agreed, I think we need to see the inventory of overalls @SGH owns because like shaving soaps I bet he’s on pair 3,785

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• SGH
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    SGH said:
    It’s hard to put an exact number on it, but a man needs numerous pairs of overalls. I like to have a couple of pair for shaving, a couple of pair for daily wear, a couple of pair for work, a couple of pair for special occasions, (church, weddings, etc etc) a couple of pair for yard work, a couple of pair for hunting, a couple of pair for recreation, a couple of pair for cool weather, and a couple of pair for cleaning and slaughtering animals. 
    So just looking at the above, a man should have no less than 18 pair on hand at all times. Preferably more for the unseen and unexpected events that can pop up at anytime.  

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    A copy of The Economist.
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    SGH said:
    ColtsFan said:
    SGH said:
    It’s hard to put an exact number on it, but a man needs numerous pairs of overalls. I like to have a couple of pair for shaving, a couple of pair for daily wear, a couple of pair for work, a couple of pair for special occasions, (church, weddings, etc etc) a couple of pair for yard work, a couple of pair for hunting, a couple of pair for recreation, a couple of pair for cool weather, and a couple of pair for cleaning and slaughtering animals. 
    So just looking at the above, a man should have no less than 18 pair on hand at all times. Preferably more for the unseen and unexpected events that can pop up at anytime.  

You're quite a cloths horse SGH!  I own no overalls, and one pair of pants that I haven't even seen in a couple of years.

The above is true, but I might consider a pair of overalls to try out in the shop.  

Phoenix 
  • KennyCJR
    KennyCJR Posts: 262
    Options

I wish Ford would just put these on the trucks, rather than sell them as an accessory.  

I drive through a carwash about twice a week.  The stock antenna was almost tore off the truck.   
    Llano, TX   -  Med and XL BGE’s
  • MNEggerandStuff
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    SGH said:
    Just orders 1,200 rounds of 22 Short and 5,000 rounds of 22LR. 
    You should consider 6.5 Creedmoor.
    308 for the win
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    SGH said:
    308 for the win
    Yepp, building one as we speak. 
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • SGH
    Options
    What does your build consist of (action, barrel, trigger group, stock, etc etc)?

Status- Standing by.

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,174
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    SGH said:
    308 for the win
    That’s a flat shooter. I like the extra oomph of the .300. I rolled a doe at 580 yards with mine years ago. I’m set 2” high at 200 so you can let it rip across a field. 
  • SGH
    Options
    Just got a delivery. It’s either ammo or overalls. Either way it’s a win👍

Status- Standing by.

• frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    edited February 2019
    Options
    SGH said:
    What does your build consist of (action, barrel, trigger group, stock, etc etc)?

SGH said:

Nothing too high end. AR platform JP action and barrel. They are behind on production right now but I'm in no hurry. Still deciding on furniture. Something to have fun with. We have a 500 yard range on the property to play with.   
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • NCSmoky
    NCSmoky Posts: 515
    Options
    SGH said:

No ORMD sticker so must be more overalls
  • SGH
    Options
    NCSmoky said:
    SGH said:

No ORMD sticker so must be more overalls
    Your hunch was correct my friend. Two pair of fine overalls just begging to be worn.  

Status- Standing by.