Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,473
    Options
    Bob Costas is leaving NBC!?  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• WesJohnson
    Options
    Pork Tenderloin with Minnesota Lake Rice 

That's some bland lookin' plate of food. 
    I used to be able to name every nut that there was. 
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options

Needs some hot sauce doesn’t it?

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Jstroke said:
    Sitting in a very non-discript hotel room in Lincoln IL. Just had dinner at the Blue Dog. Reminds me of places when I was a kid. All sandwiches were under 8.00 and the Cobb Salad was excellent at 7.75. Nachos were 6.50. 
    Hopefully you are getting out of dodge before our second blizzard in two weeks shows up.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,174
    Options

Thanks for the feedback. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,349
    Options
    Way to go for it.  Sounds like the good 'ol "window of opportunity".  Only open for so long-jump thru or always wonder "What if?"
    I know you will excel-best wishes in this new adventure.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Packing up some things from my current employer.

Final day is Monday.

Onto bigger and better (I hope)
    Good luck man. I’m sure it will be bigger and better. Loyalty to a company doesn’t pay off in a lot of cases.  It’s not like it used to be. They appreciate it everywhere but your paycheck. 

Cheers to the next chapter. 
    Depends on the job, if you are a commodity or uniquely skilled, especially if niche, and the company.

edited January 2019
    Options
    Definitely depends on the job... cost of living raises (assuming you get them) is how you creep into higher income brackets ones you hit the max salary range in your field. You can't take advantage of that by job hoping. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,174
    Options
    thetrim said:

Final day is Monday.

Good luck man. I’m sure it will be bigger and better. Loyalty to a company doesn’t pay off in a lot of cases.  It’s not like it used to be. They appreciate it everywhere but your paycheck. 

Depends on the job, if you are a commodity or uniquely skilled, especially if niche, and the company.

I’ve had salesmen with 25-30yrs experience with the company being paid only marginally more (less than 5%) than someone just hired with little to no experience. Salary equalization.... Once I’ve moved up the ladder and had insight into that part of the business, I quickly found out experience didn’t equal more pay. 
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    thetrim said:

Final day is Monday.

I’ve had salesmen with 25-30yrs experience with the company being paid only marginally more (less than 5%) than someone just hired with little to no experience. Salary equalization.... Once I’ve moved up the ladder and had insight into that part of the business, I quickly found out experience didn’t equal more pay. 
    I would think the experience might manifest in greater sales volume and this greater commissions. Sales is a different animal for sure. Depends on the circumstances and parameters you are likely forced into. 
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    @BigreenGreg Put your site number on the BB thread.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    thetrim said:

Final day is Monday.

What's the new gig @thetrim?
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Little sirloin and lots of brussel sprouts. LOTS! 
  • SSQUAL612
    SSQUAL612 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    Botch said:
    SSQUAL612 said:
    Relaxing in my hotel room in San Angelo after chasing this all day. We’ll drop off tomorrow afternoon so hope to be home before dark.

Agricultural silo?  Rocket booster?  Flint sewer replacement?  Kardashian toy?  
    1,000 Barrel Storage Tank...moved some today twice that size. 
    Tyler, TX   XL BGE 2016, KJ Classic 2019,  MES, 18.5 WSM,  Akorn Jr,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen 
  • Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    Jstroke said:
    Sitting in a very non-discript hotel room in Lincoln IL. Just had dinner at the Blue Dog. Reminds me of places when I was a kid. All sandwiches were under 8.00 and the Cobb Salad was excellent at 7.75. Nachos were 6.50. 
    Hopefully you are getting out of dodge before our second blizzard in two weeks shows up.
    You bet. I’m sitting at Lambert waiting to board. 
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,340
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Preparing to kick ones asz. Fat John can stand to lose a few. 

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    This used to be a more interesting place 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    About to start a 3 gallon batch of Pho broth...
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Eoin said:
    thetrim said:

Final day is Monday.

Similar to what I'm doing now.  Med Device sales, but with a bigger company w a specific benefit package that includes trips to Butt Blast and Brisket Camp.
    More travel for the new company? Best to you and family with the new opportunity.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Alambre.....food court Plaza Fiesta. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    SamIAm2 said:
    thetrim said:
    Eoin said:
    thetrim said:

Final day is Monday.

Similar to what I'm doing now.  Med Device sales, but with a bigger company w a specific benefit package that includes trips to Butt Blast and Brisket Camp.
    More travel for the new company? Best to you and family with the new opportunity.
    Thank you.  

Prob close the same.   Cryderman’s Is in my territory, and don’t think I forgot about us linking up there some day.   
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    ckreisl1 said:

SNF petite filet, grilled romaine, and a red potato for dinner tonight.
    That’s a pretty plate.  I’d want more steak.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,618
    Options
    Way to make him feel bad, Brent.
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Legume said:
    Way to make him feel bad, Brent.
    Honesty will set you free @Legume.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga