Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I think I’m done.

Options

Comments

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Eoin said:
    The C word as an insult or insulting description is not gender specific in the UK, in fact it is highly unlikely to be directed at a female. On one almost completely unmoderated forum I frequent, it is the only banned word on the forum, although still frequently used with a slight misspelling.

Google 'This bloke came up to me' by Derek and Clive. If you are not familiar with Peter Cook / Dudley Moore in these roles, it's a great introduction, as long as you don't mind a bit of sweariness...........
    I've never heard that one before - brilliant! Dudley Moore was hilarious.    

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    I really do learn something useful every day here.  
    get a blue collar job in the trades and you will hear it often enough ;) YOU may even hear worse things =)
    I once worked as a lot attendant at a car dealership for a year.  I think I've heard plenty.  
    have you ever seen someone on a 40 foot extension ladder huck a lunger and see the guy below catch it in his mouth on purpose. then ask the hucker if he ate chicken the night before.
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    get a blue collar job in the trades and you will hear it often enough ;) YOU may even hear worse things =)
    I once worked as a lot attendant at a car dealership for a year.  I think I've heard plenty.  
    have you ever seen someone on a 40 foot extension ladder huck a lunger and see the guy below catch it in his mouth on purpose. then ask the hucker if he ate chicken the night before.
    Thanks for the nightmare fuel, fish.
    Options
    Thanks for the nightmare fuel, fish.
    you have to see it before the fuel really kicks in. man it really was bad years ago, if someone came in covered in his own puke from the night before, it was like...atleast he showed up for work
    fukahwee maine

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Nope, never seen that.   I did catch one of the service guys catching a hummer from his girlfriend in the back seat of a brand new Cadillac.  He said he’d always wanted to “get blown in a Caddy”.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    Nope, never seen that.   I did catch one of the service guys catching a hummer from his girlfriend in the back seat of a brand new Cadillac.  He said he’d always wanted to “get blown in a Caddy”.  
    see, thats the difference, back then my girlfriends knickname at work was diamond plate because the ramp truck had diamond plate in the back =)
    fukahwee maine

• frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    lol yepp, closing in on 40
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    And all this time I thought it was a synonym for the honey hole.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    40 years working at a car dealership?
  • frazzdaddy
    Options
    Affirmative sir.
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Affirmative sir.
    Oh man.  You're coming to Butt Blast, right?  I'm sure you have much better stories than I do, but it would be fun to "compare notes".  
  • frazzdaddy
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Affirmative sir.
    Oh man.  You're coming to Butt Blast, right?  I'm sure you have much better stories than I do, but it would be fun to "compare notes".  
    I am and yeah....You have no idea. I had to strip a car riddled with bullet holes down for Durhams finest at 3am in a parking lot. All the while the officers were watching for the perps buddies to retaliate. Oh and the ball players, lol. Lot's of stories.
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    I can’t believe that idiot can’t tell good advice from bad!
    My Guess is he wants me (and everyone else) to provide him free content by requiring people to post cooks before they comment. Based on what I saw on there during my 2 day stint, he does not care if the advice is good or bad. He just wants content so he can sell stuff on his page.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Eoin said:
    caliking said:
    DMW said:
    just dusted off my bbqbrethren account after a 4 year hiatus. @centexsmoker
    I finally get your name.  Central Texas .... Funny, I always thought you were a certified nurse from Texas.
    Ha! Correct. This was really like my 4th attempt to sign up and I had run through all the smart names. Every business down here is “cen-Tex” something. Centex heating and air, centex roofing, Centex pool cleaning. I didn’t think I would get in again so I just threw it out there. Well damnit if that one didn’t stick. I never thought I would post anyway. I was just looking for tips and recipes so I just let it roll. Waaaaay too many posts later, here we are. 
    And now you are a legend. We bow our knee.
     Yet, he still isn't allowed to post in the FB group. That one still cracks me up. :rofl:
    I can post but I cannot offer any advice until I am approved to do so by the mod. He wants to make sure I am qualified first. I must post a cook of the things I want to comment on before I am allowed to offer any input. I got slapped down bad for offering advice on something that I had not posted a cook of by the mod (“I have no idea you know what you are talking about until you post the cook you are commenting on”)
    We have a word for people like that here in the UK. Probably best I don't post it though.
    Does it start with a "c" and end with an "unt"?
    A bit of a strange choice for a dude, Dude.  
    Context, John.

Reflecting different national usages, c*nt is described as "an unpleasant or stupid person" in the Compact Oxford English Dictionary, whereas Merriam-Webster states that it is a "usually disparaging and obscene" term for a woman or an "offensive way to refer to a woman" in the United States.

Even though it is a word even softer than saying "butt" here in the US, "fanny" is far worse than the C-bomb in the UK according to my English buddy. He said his grandmother would use the C-word liberally and recoil if someone said fanny. He said it was shocking to him for years when he heard grandmas saying fanny here but people would recoil in horror when he would say "what a C-nt" in front of his kids. Took him a while to adjust.

Just goes to show, it's only words and they are what you make of them.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Context is everything.
    Options
    Context is everything.
    Destiny is all.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Legume said:
    Context is everything.
    Destiny is all.
    I like beer.
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Eoin said:
    caliking said:
    DMW said:
    I finally get your name.  Central Texas .... Funny, I always thought you were a certified nurse from Texas.
    Ha! Correct. This was really like my 4th attempt to sign up and I had run through all the smart names. Every business down here is “cen-Tex” something. Centex heating and air, centex roofing, Centex pool cleaning. I didn’t think I would get in again so I just threw it out there. Well damnit if that one didn’t stick. I never thought I would post anyway. I was just looking for tips and recipes so I just let it roll. Waaaaay too many posts later, here we are. 
     Yet, he still isn't allowed to post in the FB group. That one still cracks me up. :rofl:
    I can post but I cannot offer any advice until I am approved to do so by the mod. He wants to make sure I am qualified first. I must post a cook of the things I want to comment on before I am allowed to offer any input. I got slapped down bad for offering advice on something that I had not posted a cook of by the mod (“I have no idea you know what you are talking about until you post the cook you are commenting on”)
    We have a word for people like that here in the UK. Probably best I don't post it though.
    Context, John.

Reflecting different national usages, c*nt is described as "an unpleasant or stupid person" in the Compact Oxford English Dictionary, whereas Merriam-Webster states that it is a "usually disparaging and obscene" term for a woman or an "offensive way to refer to a woman" in the United States.

Even though it is a word even softer than saying "butt" here in the US, "fanny" is far worse than the C-bomb in the UK according to my English buddy. He said his grandmother would use the C-word liberally and recoil if someone said fanny. He said it was shocking to him for years when he heard grandmas saying fanny here but people would recoil in horror when he would say "what a C-nt" in front of his kids. Took him a while to adjust.

Interchangeable with the C word but not used as an insult.  Also used to describe 'available' women - that pub's great, always loads of f***y in there. The C word is more offensive to most people. An American using the word 'fanny pack' here will result in much hilarity.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Eoin said:
    Eoin said:
    caliking said:
    DMW said:
    Context, John.

Interchangeable with the C word but not used as an insult.  Also used to describe 'available' women - that pub's great, always loads of f***y in there. The C word is more offensive to most people. An American using the word 'fanny pack' here will result in much hilarity.
    ...not to mention someone wearing a "fanny pack" looks like a ridiculous c*nt.
    We used to launch lungers at each other using backpack blowers but nobody was trying to catch one...
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Eoin said:
    Eoin said:
    caliking said:
    DMW said:
    Context, John.

Bang on!
  • FanOfFanboys
    FanOfFanboys Posts: 2,615
    Options
    Eoin said:
    Eoin said:
    caliking said:
    DMW said:
    Context, John.

it is practical and I love it!

I can provide a link, if interested in buying one
    Boom
  • nolaegghead
    Options

Options

Signal Mountain, TN
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Holy ****! All this for someone leaving the forum? LOL 
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    I'm watching History Channel's "Vikings".  It is an awesome show.  It is like Son's of Anarchy with boats and horses and stuff.
    If you like that you’ll like the last kingdom series on Netflix 
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    Your are not done. At least I hope you aren't. Grillsgt asked for it. I think Rascal may have posted what he did not realizing the new stance of the Buffalo. Either way it is what it is.

We can still have fun here. It just can't get political or show girls in wet t-shirts. (I am kind of bummed about that one). There were some great gifs posted in the past. 
    I missed it, what did the buffalo say?

“There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,364
    Options
    Holy ****! All this for someone leaving the forum? LOL 
    Lots of bored peeps here 
    Jacksonville FL
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Hans61 said:
    Your are not done. At least I hope you aren't. Grillsgt asked for it. I think Rascal may have posted what he did not realizing the new stance of the Buffalo. Either way it is what it is.

We can still have fun here. It just can't get political or show girls in wet t-shirts. (I am kind of bummed about that one). There were some great gifs posted in the past. 
    I missed it, what did the buffalo say?

No politics or boobs, basically.