Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chincoteague salt oysters

Options
My son and I went fishing yesterday...no fish but we went and fished so oysters. Plentiful here and probably some of the best tasting on the planet.

Thtu some on the egg for a snack..

Eastern Shore Virginia 

Medium & Mini Max

Comments

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Nice treat man!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    If I were ther, that would be about 1/4 my order.
    looks great! 
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • BobDanger
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:
    If I were ther, that would be about 1/4 my order.
    looks great! 
    That’s just a few...we got a 5 gallon bucket full.
    Eastern Shore Virginia 

Medium & Mini Max
  • JethroVA
    JethroVA Posts: 1,251
    Options
    Hey @BobDanger I'm on the western shore of the Chesapeake Bay (Piankatank River) and an amateur oyster farmer.  Selling is too complicated with Va Dept of Health so I prefer to just give them away.  Virginia oysters are the bomb! Perfect growing conditions and a variety of salinity to please any palate. 
    Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius. 
  • BobDanger
    Options
    JethroVA said:
    Hey @BobDanger I'm on the western shore of the Chesapeake Bay (Piankatank River) and an amateur oyster farmer.  Selling is too complicated with Va Dept of Health so I prefer to just give them away.  Virginia oysters are the bomb! Perfect growing conditions and a variety of salinity to please any palate. 
    Growing up in Florida I ate a lot of oysters but nothing compares with chincoteague salt oysters. 

Its really great that that you are oyster farming...not only are they great to eat but most important they are the life saver for the bay.

Thank you.
    Eastern Shore Virginia 

Medium & Mini Max
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @BobDanger
    Awesome brother👍

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Chief9
    Chief9 Posts: 141
    Options
    Were you fishing for rock?  Y'all seem to keep the big ones on your side of the bay.
    Carrollton, Va
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    BobDanger said:
    JethroVA said:
    Growing up in Florida I ate a lot of oysters but nothing compares with chincoteague salt oysters. 

Its really great that that you are oyster farming...not only are they great to eat but most important they are the life saver for the bay.

Thank you.
    Had to google them. They are now on my hit list. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • BobDanger
    Options
    Chief9 said:
    Were you fishing for rock?  Y'all seem to keep the big ones on your side of the bay.
    Yea...but no luck.
    Eastern Shore Virginia 

Medium & Mini Max