Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

One of the (many) benefits of working from home

Options
The Cen-Tex Smoker
The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,961
edited December 2018 in Beef
travel is over for the year, phones and emails are slowing to a crawl. Im essentially playing goalie for a few hot emails and putting out a small fire here and there if/when they pop up. Leaves time for a long lunch (even though I never left the house). 

Parking lot wagyu flap that I butchered from whole muscle (that was kind of fun). Homemade jalapeño refried black beans, homemade salsa verde on (store-bought but fresh) flour tortilla. 

Also tried out a new rub that mail-Santa brought early. It was pretty good but not extraordinary. Made for good carne asada tacos though. 

on top of all that I brined some farmers-market yard-bird, seared on the bge before the steak went on and dropped in the Sous Vide to have around for the week. Looking forward to making a mess in the kitchen and on the deck these next few weeks. Glad you fine folks are along for the ride with me. 

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX

Comments