Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,365
    edited December 2018
    Options
     Getting the egg stabilized via CyberQ for an overnight prime brisket cook, and watching BoJack Horseman 

Jacksonville FL
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Happy Birthday, @SGH.  Hope it was a good one. 
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    Options
    @nolaegghead nice looking dish, there my friend!
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Happy Birthday, @SGH.  Hope it was a good one. 
    Thank you brother Trim. I’m still kicking so it was definitely a good one =)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    Options
    That's the second mention of gazpacho, in December...   :|

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• The_Stache
    The_Stache Posts: 1,153
    Options
    Makin' Bacon on the MM... 1st try.... will be testing for lunch to see if I survive the results!  Foil is covering FB400 as it was misting/questionable as to whether it was going to rain or not!

(Yes, I left the skin on to preserve the nipple!!)

Kirkland, TN
    2 LBGE, 1 MM

• JethroVA
    JethroVA Posts: 1,251
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Watching Live PD. There's no way in hell I'd have the patience to be a cop 
    I'm with you.  I'd be tempted to play judge, jury and executioner. You know, to cleanse the gene pool. 
    Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius. 
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,359
    edited December 2018
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Ha! I think the same can be said for any career. I love that every day is completely different. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    Wondering what’s so damn interesting out there. 

• thetrim
    Options
    I did some Italian sausage on the large and some broccoli rabe inside.   Brought them together for a nice meal.  

Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,359
    Options
    blasting said:
    ColtsFan said:
    Ha! I think the same can be said for any career. I love that every day is completely different. 

I watched one clip on the news and counted 39 times the suspect was told to "let me see your hands".  I think you should be allowed to pepper spray / taze / rubber bullets etc after they've heard you once.  

I'm glad you like what you do @Battleborn , and thank you for doing it.

I think the major reason you see that is the fear of litigation. Understandably. However, generally if you are doing things for the right reason, you will be ok.
    I love what I do and wouldn't want to do anything else. Somedays are draining while others are super rewarding. 
    I do appreciate the kind words, thank you. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    SGH said:
    My youngest granddaughter (Little Jib) made me a gift at her day care. Made me tear up. I’m getting soft in my old age fellows. 

If I had one of those double seal of approval stamps, this one would get it. Best gift you’ll get this year. Bravo!
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Some cookies for desert. Yum!
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Testing out Kosmo rib glaze and sauce. Both pretty good. The glazes were much more subtle than I anticipated. Easily could  be used in combo with other products. Sauce was a kin to a real good store sauce.  All was good IMO. 
    It looks mighty fine brother👍

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,346
    Options
    Meal/lunch prep 

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    SGH said:
    Little Bre put the finishing touch on the cake. Thought she done pretty good. 

Hope you had an excellent birthday sir. Looks like she is getting started off on the right foot
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • Jstroke
    Options
    Never let it be known that you can install tile! 
    Oh brother, I feel your pain. That’s like mudding Sheetrock. I can do it, but do advertise 
  • Jstroke
    Options
    thetrim said:
    I did some Italian sausage on the large and some broccoli rabe inside.   Brought them together for a nice meal.  

That is a veg I forget to keep on hand and one of my favorites. Thanks for the reminder. I think I’ll make it this week with some shoulder.
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    thetrim said:

If you love that flavor combination I have a pasta dish including both that will blow your mind. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • thetrim
    Options
    @sonvolt.   Please post it next time you make it. 

I also make some Sammies w italian roast pork, provolone, and broccoli rabe that are pretty stellar.  

I last made them for a Super Bowl party, and they didn’t last long. I’ll try and make them again sometime soon. 
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    edited December 2018
    Options

I also did some burgers. These were 1/3 of each made w 85/15 grass fed beef from Sprouts.  Only $3.99/lb.  seasoned w Hickman’s ribeye seasoning.  Thanks @Tspud1

Kids really Liked this even better than the Publix market ground beef I usually get.  
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • dorfami
    Options
    Almost ready. Making sure my LEGO skills are correct so that the Egg space flows on properly to the left.