Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT OT OT Now the REAL College Football season starts - Army Navy 2018 Thread

thetrim
thetrim Posts: 11,352
Go Army Beat Navy

@lousubcap Just let me know if you need my address again to mail my spoils of war.

Carry On!
=======================================
XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
Tampa Bay, FL
EIB 6 Oct 95

Comments

• CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    I’ll wager you a bottle of Woodford DO, to be paid when we are next together. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • thetrim
    CTMike said:
    I’ll wager you a bottle of Woodford DO, to be paid when we are next together. 
    I'm in for that.  Hope that puts on the same place on the globe sooner rather than later.
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • CTMike
    I plan on being at the next Brisket Camp
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    No worries as this one is ready for prime time.  I figure last year the ranked team hosed it up (NAVY) so Army's turn this time.  The wager is already on record. 
    Regrettably I have some experience with settling long-distance wagers of hard goods.  Once NAVY surfaces victorious, PM me for details if needed. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • thetrim

Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    Those who know will understand....

Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • lousubcap
    World's finest fire crackers!

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • thetrim
    lousubcap said:
    No worries as this one is ready for prime time.  I figure last year the ranked team hosed it up (NAVY) so Army's turn this time.  The wager is already on record. 
    Regrettably I have some experience with settling long-distance wagers of hard goods.  Once NAVY surfaces victorious, PM me for details if needed. 
    I totally agree w you.  

Navy had a really bad year, but watching Malcolm Perry at the end of last season, I thought Navy had something special. 

This year has been a real disappointment for the Squids, but they would rescue their season w a win on Saturday.  

I will assume nothing and take nothing for granted.  
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • CTMike

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • thetrim

Army doesn't surrender!  

Go Army Beat Navy.  
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • lousubcap

• thetrim

Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • 6baluts
    6baluts Posts: 270
    Concerning "Army doesn't surrender". Take a look back in history say like May 1942...
  • thetrim
    Insults on this thread should be taken w a certain level of jest and need not be based in facts. 
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • lousubcap
    However, if you stoop to insults...  ;)
  • lousubcap
    To get back on track:
    Image result for army-navy football game  historical images

• 6baluts
    You based your post on fact that was and will not be taken in jest in any context with your picture.  My post was also based on fact albeit a low blow however I chose not to post pics of the "BDM".
    USNA 79
  • lousubcap
    @6baluts- welcome aboard and enjoy the journey.  Above all, have fun.
    Now, if you have consumed 6 baluts then you are in exalted company.  Most eggcellent. 
  • 6baluts
    Multiple times on the baluts. Heck I was born at Clark. Parents both in the "chAir Force" bounced around btwn Clark, Kadena and Yokota. Got a free upgrade when the Navy called at least that was my perception.

• thetrim

Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim

Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    Type your comment
    so funny. 
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • lousubcap

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    I have enjoyed the banter this week.....not having a solider in the fight. Best to you both.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • thetrim

Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    edited December 2018
    I don’t have a dog in the fight, but just basing it on watching them both play this year I have a feeling that Army is going to beat the brakes off of Navy. With that said, I hope that I’m wrong for brother Caps sake.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• lousubcap
    SGH said:
    I don’t have a dog in the fight, but just basing it on watching them both play this year I have a feeling that Army is going to beat the brakes off of Navy. With that said, I hope that I’m wrong for brother Caps sake.  
    @SGH- thanks for the kind words.  I may have to graduate to high-end gear to daily shave my head.
    Reality says you are right-however, I am hoping for a reverse of last year.  Navy ranked and then  totally self-destructed in the closing minute. Gonna be fun-always is and always will be. 
  • lousubcap
    Moving well beyond anything Army could comprehend: