Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT OT OT Now the REAL College Football season starts - Army Navy 2018 Thread

Options

Comments

• SaltySam
    SaltySam Posts: 887
    Options
    The uniforms that Army is wearing this weekend are SIIIIIIIICK.  Click on that link that @thetrim posted to take a peek.  

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    This has been a fun week, and I would cherish the ability, one day, to have a forum get together to get our members from each side to watch it together.   

=======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    Options
    A sign not seen anywhere on a Navy base. 

XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,349
    Options
    thetrim said:
    A sign not seen anywhere on a Navy base. 

True that- the warfighters are shipboard and are there for whatever it takes.  Chances are quite high that any port where the ships moor after the kick A$$ adventure don't concern themselves with the port authority constructing signs.  No airplanes to get 'em home-just rewind and kick someone else's A$$ next go 'round. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options
    @thetrim,

Ya know, it wasn’t the Army that was called upon to deliver 3 head shots to 3 Somali pirates from the deck of a rolling ship to rescue a ships captain. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • CTMike
    Options
    thetrim said:
    This has been a fun week, and I would cherish the ability, one day, to have a forum get together to get our members from each side to watch it together.   

That would be an awesome get together. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • 6baluts
    6baluts Posts: 272
    Options
    Thats because all the Army's "steely eyed killers" were in training for their newest and elite MOS.
    https://youtu.be/E-begmWV3KU
  • thetrim
    Options
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    Options
    And it's Pearl Harbor Day.  Never Forget.
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • 6baluts
    6baluts Posts: 272
    Options
     Concur with you on that @trim.

• thetrim
    Options
    CTMike said:
    @thetrim,

Ya know, it wasn’t the Army that was called upon to deliver 3 head shots to 3 Somali pirates from the deck of a rolling ship to rescue a ships captain. 
    I heard the SEALs are working behind the scenes to become part of the Army.
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    Options

Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    CTMike said:
    @thetrim,

They weren't shooting from land either....... 

GO NAVY! 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • CTMike
    Options
    thetrim said:
    CTMike said:
    @thetrim,

I heard the SEALs are working behind the scenes to become part of the Army.
    They are way too smart for that ya dirt eater. 

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • thetrim
    Options

Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Go ARMY!

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • thetrim
    Options

Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • lousubcap
    Options

• lousubcap
    edited December 2018
    Options
    From the near distant archives (1965): (Gemini mission when two were orbiting effectively together-no photo shop).

• thetrim
    Options
    Looks like a major malfunction on that spacecraft.
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,897
    Options
    thetrim said:

But they are really WIDE. Go Navy.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    For all you Army supporters, let me help you with the game math:
    Army is a 6.5 point favorite.  That means you have to out-score Navy by that much in the betting circles.
    Here you are just gonna get your A$$ whipped.  So STFB.  ;)
  • thetrim
    Options
    Game day!

Go Army, Beat Navy!
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    Options

Go Army, Beat Navy!
    RIP JG!

Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    I went into Costco yesterday and a large group of old veterans were sitting in the food area. 

I walked by by and yelled “Go Army!” I heard about 20 “Beat Navy”

Then immediately after I heard an old muffled 70+ year old man yell “F*ck you young man!” 

I said “easy seaman” he yelled back “I’m a marine!”

I called @thetrim laughing all the way to the car. This rivalry is the best. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• thetrim
    Options
    the line has moved to Army -7.5.  I would never bet on this game, and my guess Is it’ll End within a TD.   

One big difference from last year to this year is that Army was a much better team going into this game as an underdog last year vs Navy this year.  

That being said, Navy GROSSLY underperformed this year and can turn a disappointing season into a great one with a win today.  

ARMY 27
    navy 24
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    For all you Army supporters, let me help you with the game math:
    Army is a 6.5 point favorite.  That means you have to out-score Navy by that much in the betting circles.
    Here you are just gonna get your A$$ whipped.  So STFB.  ;)
    The only thing this helps me with is Navy needs points to be as good as Army, maybe Navy should play with 12 players to Army's 11 to make it even...LMAO

GO ARMY. 

Messing with you Lousubcap.  =)

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • CTMike
    Options
    thetrim said:
    the line has moved to Army -7.5.  I would never bet on this game, and my guess Is it’ll End within a TD.
    You trying to back out of the bet we already made? Typical Army behavior. Turn tail and run when the sledding gets tough. 

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT.