Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Further Proof We Don’t Deserve Dogs

CTMike
CTMike Posts: 3,247
https://www.today.com/pets/george-h-w-bush-s-dog-sully-lies-front-casket-t144276

CAVU Sir, may you forever have the wind at your back. 
MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
Southeastern CT. 

Comments

• saw that earlier. That was a tear-jerker. Very devoted and loyal canine right there. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    saw that earlier. That was a tear-jerker. Very devoted and loyal canine right there. 
    As are most dogs that belong to caring owners. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Oh so true!

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,162
    Unconditional love.  Tough shot from a distance-gotta be much tougher in person. 
    That is the norm for dogs-we are the ones who don't get it. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    edited December 2018
    That is something.  Saw where the dog will go to Walter-Reed. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    I will always have a dog....two...prolly not. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    I will always have a dog....two...prolly not. 
    Robin, 2 is only 3 times more work than 1.  :-)
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    I'd printed that pic this morning, and posted it outside my cubicle.  
    I know who some of the good people in my office are, now.  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Nothing like the bond between dog and man.....

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,597
    edited December 2018
    YEMTrey said:
    Each and every day proves that I'd rather be around dogs than most people.
    I spend most the day with the dog, he makes me laugh more than most people 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    I had an old uncle that passed recently. He was a dog lover and had this print: Old Shepard’s Chief Mourner. https://goo.gl/images/N1aaDz
    I was fortunate to get it and be able to hang it in our home. The image of President Bush’s dog is similar in emotion. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon

• Once this little fur ball havaneese got housebroken he has been a real heartbreaker. he tops out at a full 9 Lbs now,,,
    Chicago, IL BGE XL BGE Mini Webber Charcoal / Elmhurst, IL
  • GATraveller
    DMW said:
    Trump is the first President in recent history to not have a dog. That may have provided motivation to finally invite a canine friend to our home. Winston has been one the best things to happen to our family.

You got a dog because Trump doesn't have one?  You sound like Joy Behar!  :)

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    DMW said:
    Trump is the first President in recent history to not have a dog. That may have provided motivation to finally invite a canine friend to our home. Winston has been one the best things to happen to our family.

Not the only reason.  :)
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • GATraveller
    DMW said:
    DMW said:

Not the only reason.  :)
    He looks like an awesome dog.  

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    DMW said:

Thinking Winston is a very worthy and noble name.
    Congrats on your addition.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Yes My dog is a hard worker, but he did spend ten minutes sniffing my face after a difficult molar removal yesterday. I just told him “I’m an old dog”
  • Dogs are the BEST! I miss my boy. Every. Single. Day. 
    Charlotte, NC

XL BGE, WSM, Weber Genesis 2, Weber Kettle